Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so...AK/UAA...COVID-19

Originally posted by Alaska1986 View Post
    https://go.boarddocs.com/ak/alaska/Board.nsf/files/BPM2A801320C/$file/BOR%20Audit%20Committee%2013%20May%202020.pdf

FY21 UAA to cut 600K(Director of Athletics to determine specific reductions that may include permanent reductions of vacant positions and travel) page 28
    FY22 UAA to cut 1 million(Athletics restructuring) page 30

FY21 UAF to cut 100K (Reduction in non conference games & travel rosters) page 32
    FY22 UAF to cut ?(Lumped in with Student Affairs, up to 840,600 for entire Student Affairs department) page 35
    Hope that hockey survives!

Comment

https://sites.google.com/alaska.edu/coronavirus/status
      Updated Site

Comment

UAH... writing on the wall for AK programs?

Comment

Probably, but I hope not.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Kind of related to oil prices I suspect....

Comment

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
              Kind of related to oil prices I suspect....
              Well, ya. It's killing the state. Along with the covid crap.
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                Well, ya. It's killing the state. Along with the covid crap.
                I hope the Alaska schools programs survive....

Comment

Oil/Tourism/COVID 19////Athletic Director Dr Keith Champagne and Alaska Nanook Head coach Erik Largen remain positive, upbeat and full speed ahead for this season and the next two. Coach already has a good portion of the next two seasons scheduled as an independent.

Questions???Carlson Center or Patty Center...World Eskimo Indian Olympics in July have canceled. They were going to use the Big Dipper Ice Arena instead of the Carlson Center to save $$$. They have been at the Carlson Center for years. Coach says CARLSON.

President Johnsen and chancellor Dan White and vice chancellor of student affairs and AD Champagne still strong on athlietics...

Board of Trustees may have the final say as to how this all plays out....

NCAA too as they say no students in classrooms No sports....
                  The UA system here thinks students will be back in class and sports will be able to go but with some guidelines

Volleyball is like eight to nine weeks away...

State fair got canceled.

They did cancel Alaska Baseball League in Anchorage area....although kids, Legions and mens league will play in Fairbanks. Girls sofftball, mens and womens and coed softball and soccer looks to play their seasons....

we will c
                  Last edited by fairbanks hockey puck; 05-23-2020, 11:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                    Oil/Tourism/COVID 19////Athletic Director Dr Keith Champagne and Alaska Nanook Head coach Erik Largen remain positive, upbeat and full speed ahead for this season and the next two. Coach already has a good portion of the next two seasons scheduled as an independent.

Questions???Carlson Center or Patty Center...World Eskimo Indian Olympics in July have canceled. They were going to use the Big Dipper Ice Arena instead of the Carlson Center to save $$$. They have been at the Carlson Center for years. Coach says CARLSON.

President Johnsen and chancellor Dan White and vice chancellor of student affairs and AD Champagne still strong on athlietics...

Board of Trustees may have the final say as to how this all plays out....

NCAA too as they say no students in classrooms No sports....
                    The UA system here thinks students will be back in class and sports will be able to go but with some guidelines

Volleyball is like eight to nine weeks away...

State fair got canceled.

They did cancel Alaska Baseball League in Anchorage area....although kids, Legions and mens league will play in Fairbanks. Girls sofftball, mens and womens and coed softball and soccer looks to play their seasons....

we will c
                    Thanks for the recap; I was wondering how that went. UAF is planning on playing sports in the fall...a big question is whether or not fans are allowed. But the big question, in my mind, is if the 14 day quarantine is still in effect. If it is, it effectively torpedoes our sports season unless we just play UAA 34 times.
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Hey, y'all. Good luck keeping it going. You know it'll be tough. Stay safe, stay healthy, stay sane, stay Alaskans.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                        Thanks for the recap; I was wondering how that went. UAF is planning on playing sports in the fall...a big question is whether or not fans are allowed. But the big question, in my mind, is if the 14 day quarantine is still in effect. If it is, it effectively torpedoes our sports season unless we just play UAA 34 times.
                        Another BIG hurdle is the social distancing rule. How do you compete in sports with that rule in place?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I imagine they can make an exception on the 14 day quarantine for athletic purposes much like the exception that's in place for things like flight crews and such.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

unless we just play UAA 34 times.
                            The village dream............... "Catch Up Season play UAA 34 times" ...... you still won't catch up.

" UAA has owned your bear *** since day one"
                            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

I'm thinking people are so sports hungry they will settle for not being in the stands but ok with TV or Livestream payments (?). Maybe the players will only be allowed to wear spitguard style facemasks? Maybe I am hoping this is a worse case scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                I imagine they can make an exception on the 14 day quarantine for athletic purposes much like the exception that's in place for things like flight crews and such.
                                They just announced exceptions for the NFL, NBA, WNBA, NHL, MLB and other pro sports.
                                Last edited by davyd83; 05-24-2020, 10:28 AM.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X