Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so...AK/UAA...COVID-19

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    Just what the CCHA needed in their corner. .............I think it's called payback's. maybe one playoff spot....every other year.
    "UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State."

I would have much rather it had been a different school, with the utmost respect intended to UAF. I like the Alaskas' & Huntsville hockey programs!

Comment

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
      "UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State."

I would have much rather it had been a different school, with the utmost respect intended to UAF. I like the Alaskas' & Huntsville hockey programs!
      One thing we have in common is you don't hear any of us complaining about how tough our travel schedules are.

Comment

Just what the CCHA needed in their corner. .............I think it's called payback's. maybe one playoff spot....every other year.
        Maybe he could make it mandatory that any DI program must have a real airport within a 45 minute drive.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
          Maybe he could make it mandatory that any DI program must have a real airport within a 45 minute drive.
          Minimum of 12 commercial gates?
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            That would eliminate Mankato
            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              Or at least one fulltime dedicated tsa precheck checkpoint.
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

who was your vote for?
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

who was your vote for?
                  Minnesota or Wisconsin, neither of which we have beat yet.
                  I also respect those teams and appreciate their history.
                  Reason I pick either of them is I was born in and spent grade school in that frigid desert, Grand Forks. Always been a Sioux fan. Used to sneak into their games. Even got to play a few peewee games at "The Barn" (arena used before "The Ralph" was built). I "accidentally" brought home a few Sioux sticks from there. Went to a summer school session at UND. And the rivalry between UM, UW and UND is a great one.
                  However I went to high school in AZ & college at ASU so once they started NCAA hockey, the Sioux became my #2. I still do have a Sioux sign hanging in my garage along with all my Devil stuff.............

Comment

who was your vote for?
                    But the one future team I hope the Devil's destroy will be Arizona University, once they get an NCAA hockey team......

Comment

But the one future team I hope the Devil's destroy will be Arizona University, once they get an NCAA hockey team......
                      Don't ask for too much. case in point ......._airbanks has got it's *** spanked, branded, and pretty much dry gulched since day one by UAA in pretty much all sports ............just sayin

Comment

Don't ask for too much. case in point ......._airbanks has got it's *** spanked, branded, and pretty much dry gulched since day one by UAA in pretty much all sports ............just sayin
                        I hear what you are saying. However UofA tried to use the Arizona state legislature back in the 1950's-60's to stop ASU from being recognized as a state university. After they failed, they then blocked equivalent funding many times over the early years. Not much was sweeter than the 41 - 1 W-L drubbing against UofA that current coach Powers attained in his entire tenure as ASU club hockey coach.

The ASU - UofA rivalry has been recognized as the biggest in college football by a fans survey done by 2 university professors (they weren't ASU UofA professors)
                        https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...er/3999456002/
                        They play for the oldest trophy in college sports, The Territorial Cup.
                        So no quarter given by either team to the other.........but I do have several good friends that went to UofA so we have lots of good beer bets every year

Comment

One thing we have in common is you don't hear any of us complaining about how tough our travel schedules are.

LSSU often busses 5+ hrs to Detroit for flights. NMU 6 hr to Chicago or 7 to Minneapolis and Bemidji 4 hr to Minneapolis for their Alaska flights. Originally Posted by davyd83

Travel guy must pocket all the buss miles.

Comment

Crazy how Alaska used to be flush with money......back when oil prices were high........
                            North Dakota is experiencing similar, university budgets being cut cause Bakken oil prices down. But so far athletics still holding on.
                            Flickertails canned girls hockey.. the dollar rent was to much.

Comment

Flickertails canned girls hockey.. the dollar rent was to much.
                              Ha, Flickertails, been a few years since they were called that. But didn't the girls hockey get canned like 2+ years ago, prior to oil prices dropping from $60/bbl?

Comment

https://go.boarddocs.com/ak/alaska/Board.nsf/files/BPM2A801320C/$file/BOR%20Audit%20Committee%2013%20May%202020.pdf

FY21 UAA to cut 600K(Director of Athletics to determine specific reductions that may include permanent reductions of vacant positions and travel) page 28
                                FY22 UAA to cut 1 million(Athletics restructuring) page 30

FY21 UAF to cut 100K (Reduction in non conference games & travel rosters) page 32
                                FY22 UAF to cut ?(Lumped in with Student Affairs, up to 840,600 for entire Student Affairs department) page 35

Comment

Working...
                                X