so...AK/UAA...COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I imagine they can make an exception on the 14 day quarantine for athletic purposes much like the exception that's in place for things like flight crews and such.
    Because the Dumbleavy administration has shown a real willingness to partner with UA and find mutually beneficial solutions, after all.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      Hey, y'all. Good luck keeping it going. You know it'll be tough. Stay safe, stay healthy, stay sane, stay Alaskans.

GFM
      Thanks. All the general suckiness about UAH closing up shop aside, it definitely hurts us to lose a fellow outcast partner. Even if UAH had tried to join up with the seven roaches (which frankly would have made the most sense for you, more than trying to cobble together some kind of western league with UAF/A and possibly ASU) I still imagine we would have played each other frequently as an independent. The relationship was always good with Huntsville.

Take care, and charge on. We will miss UAH.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
        The village dream............... "Catch Up Season play UAA 34 times" ...... you still won't catch up.

" UAA has owned your bear *** since day one"
        You can keep the games before any of your current players were born, I’ll keep 13 goals against 8 and 3-1 record in 2019-20 along with 11 straight years of waving that trophy in front of your big city vocational institute.

Comment

Re: so...AK/UAA...COVID-19

Hey, y'all. Good luck keeping it going. You know it'll be tough. Stay safe, stay healthy, stay sane, stay Alaskans.

GFM
          Thanks. You stay safe and healthy as well. And I hope we hear from you from time to time on this forum. You will be missed if we don't.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
            You can keep the games before any of your current players were born, I’ll keep 13 goals against 8 and 3-1 record in 2019-20 along with 11 straight years of waving that trophy in front of your big city vocational institute.
            Started the push way too late, still way behind.
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Started the push way too late, still way behind.
              The early years were rough.

Comment

Breaking NEWS...UAH Hockey has been given a chance to raise a million dollars to save hockey. Friends and alumni have started a GO FUND ME PAGE on Facebook and other mediums to raise $500,000 by Friday. The President at UAH is giving them a chance...

Comment

The early years were rough.
                  Battle flag was a polar bear in a whiteout.
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Battle flag was a polar bear in a whiteout.
                    Perhaps this is an example of Alaskan humor, but it cleverly evokes a clear image. Hopefully you are able to raise the $ by Friday. There has been a fair bit of talent coming out of Alaska (just ask Maine). The kids deserve to have a local D1 option. At least the price of oil is recovering a bit. Maybe that will help in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                      Perhaps this is an example of Alaskan humor, but it cleverly evokes a clear image. Hopefully you are able to raise the $ by Friday. There has been a fair bit of talent coming out of Alaska (just ask Maine). The kids deserve to have a local D1 option. At least the price of oil is recovering a bit. Maybe that will help in some way.
                      You are on the wrong bus.

Comment

You are on the wrong bus.
                        Alaska - Alabama So similar. Easy to confuse! Thanks for setting me straight.

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                          Breaking NEWS...UAH Hockey has been given a chance to raise a million dollars to save hockey. Friends and alumni have started a GO FUND ME PAGE on Facebook and other mediums to raise $500,000 by Friday. The President at UAH is giving them a chance...
                          In another thread the UAH fans were saying they already turned down other funding. The damage has already been done, three of their best players have left for other schools.
                          Originally Posted by aparch
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                            Alaska - Alabama So similar. Easy to confuse! Thanks for setting me straight.
                            Different rednecks. We wear less clothes because we can.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Thanks. All the general suckiness about UAH closing up shop aside, it definitely hurts us to lose a fellow outcast partner. Even if UAH had tried to join up with the seven roaches (which frankly would have made the most sense for you, more than trying to cobble together some kind of western league with UAF/A and possibly ASU) I still imagine we would have played each other frequently as an independent. The relationship was always good with Huntsville.

Take care, and charge on. We will miss UAH.
                              Right on!

Comment

Different rednecks. We wear less clothes because we can.

GFM
                                Cut off bib overalls and snake boots.

Comment

Working...
                                X