Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

So Chicago is using the United Center as a staging area for the coronavirus outbreak, and are working to convert the McCormick Place convention center into a giant triage/care center.

Meanwhile, in Detroit, Cobo Hall (now corporately known as TCF Center) has officially cancelled the North American Auto Show for June and is working to convert their convention space into triage/care center as well.

But tell me again how this is a bad flu?
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
      But tell me again how this is a bad flu?
      So.. its a not bad flu?
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        but tell me again how this is a bad flu?
        emailz

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          So.. its a not bad flu?
          Hahaha.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
            No. Do you think every county health department in the country has a Dr. Fauci on staff (backed by a public health apparatus with the power of NIH, CDC, VA, etc) who can make these kinds of calls?

Sorry, but turning these decisions over to thousands of Mayor Vaughns (Amity, NY) would lead to disaster. Well, actually, I guess this is already what we've been doing since there's been a lack of anything resembling leadership at the national level. Letting these decisions be made locally HAS LED to the exact disaster we're facing - Florida beaches open far too long, Mardi Gras and St. Patrick's parades that shouldn't have been, public transportation that stays too open in NYC, etc. Each locality has its own sacred cow that it's not willing to sacrifice for the good of the nation, and if they each independently make those decisions (and they will), then the reaction will never be comprehensive enough or swift enough to flatten the curve.
            I’m talking more about the state level when I said “local.” Obviously not on a county level.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              Is the son the one who had a weird birthday for his dog and made it illegal to mock it or something like all that?
              OTOH, the dog has a Wikipedia page and you and I don't, so...
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                Where are people tracking thre deaths? I haven't found a good source yet. Thanks
                https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                  No. Do you think every county health department in the country has a Dr. Fauci on staff (backed by a public health apparatus with the power of NIH, CDC, VA, etc) who can make these kinds of calls?

Sorry, but turning these decisions over to thousands of Mayor Vaughns (Amity, NY) would lead to disaster. Well, actually, I guess this is already what we've been doing since there's been a lack of anything resembling leadership at the national level. Letting these decisions be made locally HAS LED to the exact disaster we're facing - Florida beaches open far too long, Mardi Gras and St. Patrick's parades that shouldn't have been, public transportation that stays too open in NYC, etc. Each locality has its own sacred cow that it's not willing to sacrifice for the good of the nation, and if they each independently make those decisions (and they will), then the reaction will never be comprehensive enough or swift enough to flatten the curve.
                  Ideally, governors would make decisions (a good compromise between standardization and local variance) and have massive federal resources to draw from.

But we have no federal government because Republicans have had the ego sharts since 2016 (really, since 1994).
                  Cornell University

Comment

University of Washington is also excellent

As is covid tracking project.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Law enforcement in Ewing, N.J., reportedly broke up a "coronavirus party" this week among 47 people in a 550-square foot apartment

I live in a 750-sq. ft. apartment, and I can't imagine squeezing 47 people in here unless you took out all the furniture.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I live in a 750-sq. ft. apartment, and I can't imagine squeezing 47 people in here unless you took out all the furniture.
                        825 here, and it was crowded with a dozen people hanging out.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Didn’t you know, a national approach is only required with a D president. When it’s an R, it’s up to the states

Comment

I’ll dig deep for some sympathy for Alabama.

Comment

I support the governor. Nuke the south.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It may be an artifact of reporting times but the bulk of today's new cases so far are in FL, IN, MD, and NV. Perhaps attitudes will change as it goes national and the derps no longer think it is a New York / New Jersey / California / Washington problem.

It's coming for them, too.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X