Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Law enforcement in Ewing, N.J., reportedly broke up a "coronavirus party" this week among 47 people in a 550-square foot apartment, despite recommendations from health officials amid the coronavirus pandemic.

"NO CORONA PARTIES. They’re illegal, dangerous, and stupid," New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy tweeted. "We will crash your party. You will pay a big fine. And we will name & shame you until EVERYONE gets this message into their heads."

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...onavirus-party

Comment

Thai king knows how to isolate...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9431936.html

Comment

James Dolan, owner of the Knicks, tests positive. In other news New Yorkers love the disease now
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          His father is greatly missed.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            His father is greatly missed.
            Did his dad walk around in crop tops too?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Did his dad walk around in crop tops too?
              No. His father was a tremendous leader. A man of the people as much as a royal can be. How the son turned into such a dirtbag...

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                No. His father was a tremendous leader. A man of the people as much as a royal can be. How the son turned into such a dirtbag...
                Is the son the one who had a weird birthday for his dog and made it illegal to mock it or something like all that?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  Is the son the one who had a weird birthday for his dog and made it illegal to mock it or something like all that?
                  Yes
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

US gonna pass 2200 deaths overnight.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

But hey, the beaches! Am I right or what, man?
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Where are people tracking thre deaths? I haven't found a good source yet. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              It’s obvious a “one size fits all” approach to combating the virus won’t work in the US simply because of the diversity of the way we live. I joked a week or two ago that in North Dakota we have to drive to just get within six feet of someone else, but that’s only partially a joke. Decisions on the level of shelter in place have to be local, not national.
                              No. Do you think every county health department in the country has a Dr. Fauci on staff (backed by a public health apparatus with the power of NIH, CDC, VA, etc) who can make these kinds of calls?

Sorry, but turning these decisions over to thousands of Mayor Vaughns (Amity, NY) would lead to disaster. Well, actually, I guess this is already what we've been doing since there's been a lack of anything resembling leadership at the national level. Letting these decisions be made locally HAS LED to the exact disaster we're facing - Florida beaches open far too long, Mardi Gras and St. Patrick's parades that shouldn't have been, public transportation that stays too open in NYC, etc. Each locality has its own sacred cow that it's not willing to sacrifice for the good of the nation, and if they each independently make those decisions (and they will), then the reaction will never be comprehensive enough or swift enough to flatten the curve.
                              Last edited by LynahFan; 03-29-2020, 05:03 AM.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                It's all those people coming down from New York.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X