Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

This will equate to me being gleeful that it’s not a treatment in that other thread, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      One of the local grocery store chains in MN has put up more protections for their employees.

https://www.bizjournals.com/twinciti...hoo&yptr=yahoo
      I’ve been going there quite a bit- popping in early morning to get a few things and avoid hoarding. They’ve been sterilizing self checkouts after every person and also doing the carts

Comment

So Canada’s bill is offering 2k per month for 4 months for people who’ve lost their jobs. Turns out they also have health care in the meantime

Comment

My wife’s job failed to notify her that one of the people she came into contact with was moved to medical floor and is now a person under investigation for covid. But they apparently notified three other patents who were discharged. The person was moved on Monday. She had concerns and voiced them on Saturday. The doctors apparently cleared the person.

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO STOP WAITING FOR FIFTY SYMPTOMS!? If you have one, you have COVID until your test is negative. Jfc.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

My wife’s job failed to notify her that one of the people she came into contact with was moved to medical floor and is now a person under investigation for covid. But they apparently notified three other patents who were discharged. The person was moved on Monday. She had concerns and voiced them on Saturday. The doctors apparently cleared the person.

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO STOP WAITING FOR FIFTY SYMPTOMS!? If you have one, you have COVID until your test is negative. Jfc.
              JFC. Fingers crossed she doesn't have it.

I'm basically pretending I do have it, just in case I am one of the lucky ones who has it and is asymptomatic.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

That's totally fair. This isn't a conscription force and it's always up to everyone to decide what's right for his or her family.

I really hope you can come to look at your decision as respectable. It isn't a shameful decision. Do what you can, with what you have, without becoming a statistic yourself. The best that 99.9% of us can do is literally sit on our *** for the next two weeks and don't make the problem worse.

Those that are coming out of retirement certainly are heroes. But at the same time, once you get to a certain age or have any of a number of risk categories, you're less likely to be able to just recover at home and instead become a consumer of resources.

You have a good heart and you shouldn't beat yourself up.
                You know, that is a ridiculously obvious point that I never thought of. Thanks. I have always been one of those who gave before being asked but the way things are going I definitely would be a statistic.

Had to deal with the hospital and public health folk the last few days re uncle les. Some observations

-public health there is doing things the way we were taught 4 decades ago. Tedious fact finding to identify target person, contacts, where they had been etc. The thing that is not right is there seems to be no system in place currently to talk to the actual patient first. They called me, multiple States away, to collect info. I actually had the info because my old training kicked in and I had asked questions out of habit. I am pretty sure the amount of info I had was unusual. They talked to uncle les today- 4 days in.

-the hospital staff is wonderful but again the system is crazy. I got a call from a case manager today asking particulars. uncle les is in his 80s but cognizant, extremely active, still does fill in organ for multiple churches, sings in at least one choir, is very social and visits. THere is no question of his mental status yet- the CM called me. They are not meeting with the patients on the isolation floors at all. Total disconnect. Once again, I did the thing my training taught me to do but no idea how things would have gone if I didn't have that training.

-there is no true system or plan. The woman was totally honest with me and told me they are learning as they go- protocols are not just a bit fluid- they are changing more than they are the same. They are doing what they can to be safe but they have no idea what to do with the people who have tested positive and currently no defined protocol about when discharge cold be allowed or even if they would allow it home depending on bed availability.

Comment

Jfc
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Jfc
                    It’s on brand

Comment

Andy slavitt has a lot of good stuff on his Twitter tonight

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          I’ve been going there quite a bit- popping in early morning to get a few things and avoid hoarding. They’ve been sterilizing self checkouts after every person and also doing the carts
                          I know they are wiping things down but from what I am seeing things need to stay wet for a long time for that to work- so basically they are wiping, it is drying quickly and then next person has a false sense it is clean. I know someone, in one of the threads commented on cleaning stuff. Anyone have a thought?

Poop. Sorry to hear that!

There seems to be a lot of lousy communication re exposure. lilnsl works in a place that has an identified case but also one that wasn't able to be tested. He knows this through the grapevine but has rec'd zero official communication from either the store or public health. Pretty sure they got the result 2 days ago but then news leaked today.

Comment

Code:

Comment

Even the rest of the South laughs at Mississippi, so it's totally on-brand.

Comment

Jesus ****ing Christ. My wife isn’t allowed to wear a mask because “it’s a waste of PPE” and no one was diagnosed on her unit. Patients had to have a temp above 100 and another symptom to even be evaluated. And headaches, loss of smell/taste, and GI weren’t even included.

HELLLO!!!! EHAT A FUNCH OF ****ups runing that hospital.

Oh my god I’m so seething angry. I’m just boiling over.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X