Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    So wait...now we DO need vents? Huh...
    Best part, GM doesn't own the Lordstown plant, so even if they wanted to reopen it, they couldn't.

And... hearing on CNBC that Trump has ZERO to do with any deal with automakers making ventilators. In reality, the manufacturer of the ventilator is striking the deal themselves with GM to use GM workforce/plants for production.

No guarantee that the UAW will accept.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      The best part is, they already sold that plant last year, and he tweeted about it then: https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1243564012564029441

Also: that's not GM Twitter handle.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Best part, GM doesn't own the Lordstown plant, so even if they wanted to reopen it, they couldn't.

And... hearing on CNBC that Trump has ZERO to do with any deal with automakers making ventilators. In reality, the manufacturer of the ventilator is striking the deal themselves with GM to use GM workforce/plants for production.

No guarantee that the UAW will accept.
        Even crazier dx posted this last night:

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        So now he is calling for GM to do what he told them NOT to do yesterday.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Ventec and GM have reached an agreement between themselves to use GM's Kokomo Indiana engine plant. UAW employees are *volunteering* their time to build these. Production looks to start shipping in a few weeks, once they get the workers up to speed.

This is UNRELATED to any deal that Ventec may have with the US Government. There is ZERO input in this from the Trump administration.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            So now he is calling for GM to do what he told them NOT to do yesterday.
            Sounds like GM and Ventec cut out Trump and negotiated their own deal.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              You are missing my point. Because of this massive fail on PPE/tests/etc, deaths will happen. If it happened to someone in my family, and there was no way to help them, I'd accept it, because I'd have no other choice. Again, it SUCKS. I DO NOT LIKE THAT ONE BIT.

It's one thing to accept, it's a whole different thing to approve.
              You would accept it- ok then do your part and make sure you and your family don't use resources that others are not willing to accept for their family..

BTW, accepting that also accepts that there's nothing else we can do- which is giving up. Which is both wrong an immoral, seeing that we can deal with this better and that lives can be saved. Why are you so quick to ignore the path that S Korea has show us? To pretend that its not going to help going forward is pretty weak.

We sent a man to the moon, costing us way more money than doing this right. Why can't we do that again?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                You would accept it- ok then do your part and make sure you and your family don't use resources that others are not willing to accept for their family..

BTW, accepting that also accepts that there's nothing else we can do- which is giving up. Which is both wrong an immoral, seeing that we can deal with this better and that lives can be saved. Why are you so quick to ignore the path that S Korea has show us? To pretend that its not going to help going forward is pretty weak.

We sent a man to the moon, costing us way more money than doing this right. Why can't we do that again?
                Simple answer is because of profit motive. Going to the moon was a net loss. We don't do net losses anymore unless they're at the whims of billionaire's.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

It does NOT mean giving up. We can prevent more deaths, but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of people will still die. These are separate things.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    The "essential" thing is kind of a joke. As I've said before, it's Social Distancing Double Secret Probation. A wagging finger saying "we really mean it!" That's about it.
                    And that's why knuck Texas counties are declaring all their business essential and ordering everyone back to work. Literally, essential to their richest citizen's portfolios, because that is who government exists to serve.

We have never evolved very far from the Lord conscripting his serfs to give their lives for his land holdings. Force majeur.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      The timing is everything, that's the whole point.

The area of these two functions is the same, but with blue you get far fewer deaths:

That's why you bring the hammer. You stretch out the period of infection as far as you can so that the max burdening never overwhelms the system.
                      It's worth noting that above that black line is a very scary place you don't want to be. Death tolls skyrocket. It's no longer 1-3%, it's 10x that number.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Oh really, dumb ****s? You had a chance to severely lessen this and you sat around and screamed hoax.

“ Dr. Scott Gottlieb, President Trump's former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner, is warning that the coronavirus epidemic in the United States is "likely to be national in scope."

"I’m worried about emerging situations in New Orleans, Dallas, Atlanta, Miami, Detroit, Chicago, Philadelphia, among others. In China no province outside Hubei ever had more than 1,500 cases. In U.S. 11 states already hit that total."
                        WORRIED?!?!! Atlanta is out of beds. Detroit is prepping blanket DNR letters. NYC has hundreds dying every day. And you're "worried"? **** YOU Gottlieb.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Ventec and GM have reached an agreement between themselves to use GM's Kokomo Indiana engine plant. UAW employees are *volunteering* their time to build these. Production looks to start shipping in a few weeks, once they get the workers up to speed.

This is UNRELATED to any deal that Ventec may have with the US Government. There is ZERO input in this from the Trump administration.
                          I figured this was the case. People are independently realizing we don't have a federal government right now thanks to the Republicans. THere is none. Nothing. In fact, we'd have fewer deaths if the feds just didn't exist at this point.

Now the companies are realizing 3% of their workforce dying is probably a bad thing and they're trying to A) Keep their employees alive B) Keep their companies alive C) Sopping up as much good press as possible, even if it's shameless.
                          Code:

Comment

A month ago many of my members were complaining that this was a liberal media hoax designed to hurt their dear leader. This week, many have complained that their employer is forcing them to work because the government has deemed their employer an essential industry. It never ceases to amaze me how incredibly hypocritical the right wingers really are. Combined with their alarming stupidity, hatred of anything that presents itself in their mind as "intellectual" and some healthy bigotry thrown in for good measure it is no wonder I have so little hope for the future. I need my old job back. At least those union members got what our union was trying to do and I actually felt like I made a difference. Here, I am just collecting a paycheck, which makes ME a hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                              A month ago many of my members were complaining that this was a liberal media hoax designed to hurt their dear leader. This week, many have complained that their employer is forcing them to work because the government has deemed their employer an essential industry. It never ceases to amaze me how incredibly hypocritical the right wingers really are. Combined with their alarming stupidity, hatred of anything that presents itself in their mind as "intellectual" and some healthy bigotry thrown in for good measure it is no wonder I have so little hope for the future.
                              This does not follow. The mental and moral unfitness of righties just points to a future with fewer and fewer of them. We are shocked by how many braindead hayseeds are out there but that number has been dropping precipitously through human history. 50% of the American population is now intellectually functional. In 1900 that was perhaps 10%. In 1800 it was perhaps 2%.

The humans are winning; the apes are literally dying off. Sure, there are still way, way too many of them, and the lack of wars doesn't help, but their own violence and cerebral incapacity dooms them longterm. Don't give up now when we've nearly won. We have perhaps another century until the remainder will be in zoos as a proto-human link from animals to mankind.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 03-27-2020, 12:23 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                It does NOT mean giving up. We can prevent more deaths, but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of people will still die. These are separate things.
                                I don’t know if there’s a formal fallacy for this, but it should be called “fallacy of the equality of large numbers.” “Well, the best we can do is 100k deaths, and that’s already so horrible to think about that it doesn’t seem like a million deaths would really be that much worse, so why bother taking the painful steps needed to keep it to 100k?”

It’s worse. Much, much worse. Just because our human pea brains are not able to contemplate large numbers effectively does not change that reality. Reality does not give two hoots about your perception.
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X