Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

And seriously, how many lives would be saved if trump were no longer around? Hundreds certainly. Thousands probably. Or would him dying and the resulting martyrdom just get in the way of the experts taking complete control and saving the additional lives? That's an equation someone needs to run.

Comment

Holy ****

Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Holy ****

OMG my cat has more empathy. He has messed this up from the start and now wants to wipe his hands of it. Such contempt he shows to these health workers and their patients who just happen to be his fellow Americans. Sickening display I refuse to watch it anymore.
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                The only reason hospital/healthcare admins aren't among the Top 3 scummiest folks in America, is because hedge fund admins, ambulance chasers, and insurance executives exist.
                Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                The corporation I work for has 60,000 some employees worldwide. In a recent Q&A with our division head, when asked if there'd be a merit increase freeze, they said pay cuts were on the table.
                Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                That's ****ed. Then again, my wife is a therapist and her previous company was in a couple states and had several offices, but there weren't more than 250 people in the company if I had to hazard a guess. Either way, stay strong.

Speaking of impacts, we have a meeting tomorrow with our division manager and I got a sneak preview that we're going to be seeing some serious cutbacks in spending. Everyone with a pulse saw it coming but it's going to be as bad as 08. Coupled with emergency spending eating into our cap spend, it's... ... a lot. Took my breath away.

No idea on staffing cuts, pay reductions/freezes, etc. I'm guessing those aren't far behind either. So I'm not exactly feeling safe because I know the executives would sooner set me on fire than risk their precious EPS numbers. Honestly though, there's zero reason to react at all right now. We don't know where the bottom is, we don't know how fast the recovery will be, and we don't know what congress is going to do. Any reaction now is just ****ing stupid and panic-driven. The smartest executives are going to say, "This quarter is beyond ****ed. Swallow the pill, don't change anything, the EPS is going to be the worst we've ever had but so is everyone's. We'll pull through this and coming out of the recession strong is way more important than missing a target that's already dead."

But alas, they'll do the opposite. They'll make draconian cuts, put people out on the streets without health insurance, and still miss their EPS numbers. If this recession doesn't bring out the guillotines, nothing will.
                Every so often, our CEO is putting out emails that basically sound like his arse is covered. Our hourly employees, myself included, are sending emails and demanding answers as to why we're not getting hazard pay. Why are you cutting bonuses? In our group chat, I mentioned Meijer and Target were offering their employees $2-$3 more per hour. We're not getting jack squat.

Also, making my life much more fun these days is Door Dash, and only a few people are tipping well. Tonight, someone tipped me $1. $1.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Oops.

BREAKING: CEO of USA Curling tells #FOX5DC at least 20 people fell ill at a curling event at the Potomac Curling Club, with many testing positive for COVID-19.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Good god...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Holy ****

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      OMG my cat has more empathy. He has messed this up from the start and now wants to wipe his hands of it. Such contempt he shows to these health workers and their patients who just happen to be his fellow Americans. Sickening display I refuse to watch it anymore.
                      But wait, here's the audio!

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        But wait, here's the audio!

I see a Biden ad coming...
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Honest to god, if you voted for this guy you get no ventilator.

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Honest to god, if you voted for this guy you get no ventilator.
                                Speaking of, Henry Ford hospital in Detroit has issued this:

They'll make you comfortable in your dying moments.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X