Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

I still stand by my previous assertion that mass transit is making this far worse.

I don’t know how to solve it.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      He’s just letting his true self out before he sacrifices himself for the Dow.

He’s also a dick in the tv thread. I think joe is really coming alive and showing his truest colors with Donnie letting people die. He’s a Christian after all
      Joe is not a young man. He's worried and maybe a bit scared that his few remaining years may end up being even fewer because of the raging incompetence and negligence of the guy he supported.

You can understand his need to lash out.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Yeah I like following Andy for information. He’s doing more work than Seema.
        Yeah, I wasn’t knocking him in the slightest. Even if this was premature, it won’t be soon. We need people to understand the consequences and Andy seems to be the only person doing anything who isn’t on a leash (**** you jared).

That he’s getting through to governors offices is great. We need this kind of leadership.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          I expect it to get worse with NH having SIP
          Not shelter in place. Just recommended to stay home. All non-essential businesses shuttered.

You can still go for walks and such, but recommended that trips out only be for essentials like food and medicines.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            People confuse me. The number of people who want to just let everyone get this is still incredibly high- we even see many on this board.

But at the same time, the news from places where the healthcare system is totally overwhelmed is pretty stark. Do the people who want to spread it to everyone not see that or deny that it's true?? Or do they think that letting the system deal with it is ok? Or do they just accept that a large amount of people will die, and we should just accept that?

I just don't understand some people.
            Because they are either incapable of understanding (they’re very stupid) or they’re deplorables (or whatever word is worse than that)
            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              On the "dying" part of your post...people will die. A lot of people. I hate that this is a fact, but I have accepted it. Do I want that? Hell no. But I cannot really change that fact, and you can't either. It sucks.
              Yep. Can't do nothing about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Joe is not a young man. He's worried and maybe a bit scared that his few remaining years may end up being even fewer because of the raging incompetence and negligence of the guy he supported.

You can understand his need to lash out.
                Didn’t he say the other day he supports putting the olds back to work now?

Comment

US Deaths:
                  Code:
                  3/01      0
                  3/02      5
                  3/03      3
                  3/04      2
                  3/05      1
                  3/06      3
                  3/07      4
                  3/08      3
                  3/09      4
                  3/10      4
                  3/11      8
                  3/12      3
                  3/13      8
                  3/14      8
                  3/15     11
                  3/16     18
                  3/17     23
                  3/18     41
                  3/19     57
                  3/20     49
                  3/21     46
                  3/22    117
                  3/23    140
                  3/24    225
                  3/25    247
                  3/26    268
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Plenty of tickets still available! Republicans - come one, come all!

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Plenty of tickets still available! Republicans - come one, come all!

Prepay required?
                      No cash refunds??
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        People confuse me. The number of people who want to just let everyone get this is still incredibly high- we even see many on this board.

But at the same time, the news from places where the healthcare system is totally overwhelmed is pretty stark. Do the people who want to spread it to everyone not see that or deny that it's true?? Or do they think that letting the system deal with it is ok? Or do they just accept that a large amount of people will die, and we should just accept that?

I just don't understand some people.
                        I can't speak for everyone, but I will speak for myself.

First, I tend to believe that the number of people who get this will be similar whether we undertake mitigation or not. Mitigation simply affects the timing of when they get it, and as has been pointed out, that may have a significant impact on healthcare for those people.

I don't think I'm alone in this regard. Even Governor Walz, with all of his charts that he used during Wednesday's speech, seemed to indicate that between 2 and 2.5 million people in Minnesota will get this disease whether we stay at home or not, and all he's trying to do is affect the timing.

Now, as many of you know, I tend to disagree with the estimates that 50-70% of us will get infected, either now or delayed due to mitigation. But that's simply my own personal skepticism. Right now we're all just guessing, and I'm guessing a lower number than people like Walz. I'm not even sure we'll ever find out who was right. But whatever that number is, I think it's going to occur with or without mitigation, the only question is how much can we slow it or spread it out.

I also think a number of people will die from it, and the number could be substantial. Does that mean I'm happy about it? Of course not. I think people will die of cancer, will die of heart disease, etc... Those are simple facts and I accept them. That doesn't mean I'm happy about them or that we should just "let them happen." But I acknowledge them as a fact of life.

I have also stated that if 50,000 or 100,000 or even, heaven forbid, a million people die from this virus, it is not end times. People die. We should try to prevent it if we can, but we're all ending up in the same place.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          I can't speak for everyone, but I will speak for myself.

First, I tend to believe that the number of people who get this will be similar whether we undertake mitigation or not. Mitigation simply affects the timing of when they get it, and as has been pointed out, that may have a significant impact on healthcare for those people.
                          The timing is everything, that's the whole point.

The area of these two functions is the same, but with blue you get far fewer deaths:

That's why you bring the hammer. You stretch out the period of infection as far as you can so that the max burdening never overwhelms the system.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's all about the curve. We did everything wrong up till now to flatten the curve. Thus, yes, more people are going to die.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It's fine to accept there will be deaths, but it's wrong to say nothing could've been done. Many of those deaths may have been preventable with a quicker and broader federal response.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                It's fine to accept there will be deaths, but it's wrong to deny that many of those deaths may have been preventable with a quicker and broader federal response.
                                Just imagine if we had had policies and procedures in place to deal with this AND we had kicked all the protocols in as soon as it was discovered in China. The impact would have been so much less.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X