Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I wish I had masks. May ask my mom to make some.

Japan has had an interesting spike in cases.
    They olympics have been pushed back. They can finally release the real numbers.

I wish I had like a dozen or two extra masks. I would definitely help some people. Then again, I would probably have donated that many by now. :-/
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      They olympics have been pushed back. They can finally release the real numbers.

I wish I had like a dozen or two extra masks. I would definitely help some people. Then again, I would probably have donated that many by now. :-/
      My family that works at 3m had a bunch but donated them

On Japan- that’s an obvious idea but I’d love to dive deeper into a few things to see if that’s it. They are not China.
      Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 03-30-2020, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Trump is currently on FOX News ranting and raving; spouts off on using chloroquine for treatment.

Meanwhile, actual science being discussed on CNBC where Johnson and Johnson says they have a potential vaccine in development that they are pushing for human trials soon.

And I want to add that "Branch Covidians" used above is a goddammed brilliant nickname.
        The FCC should remove Fox and OANN from the air as health hazards until this is contained.

They don't have the right to their profits when they are literally killing people.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

My family that works at 3m had a bunch but donated them

On Japan- that’s an obvious idea but I’d love to dive deeper into a few things to see if that’s it. They are not China.
          Watched a Youtube of a guy and his family visiting Legoland in Nagoya. There were very few visitors, everyone was wearing masks, there was hand sanitizer widely available, including having rider's hands sprayed before getting on rides. I think these precautions gave people a false sense of security, as I constantly observed this man adjusting his mask and his kids' masks. Bringing hands to their faces possibly more frequently due to the masks. Then there was also a whack-a-mole type touch the light game, where everyone's hands were all over a surface that lots of people were touching and breathing on.

I kept thinking of earlier posts about "following the rules" and thinking how it reduces your risk, but it doesn't eliminate the risk.
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

I don’t think that way anymore. Try to limit myself to no more than two store trips a week. I was going more often to find hand sanitizer but now I’m stocked.

Douse your hands in sanitizer in your car after, wipe car down with wipes, and then wipe food packaging when you get home. Then I wipe down kitchen including fridge handles and door knobs and finally finish with a good hand wash.
            Where on earth are you finding sanitizer and wipes???

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Those NYC nurses are selling them out the back door...
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Target- see my earlier post about how I’ve figured out their online inventory system. You gotta get there early.

Comment

This is a great video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J0d...m884ByWIdnJbxY
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Target- see my earlier post about how I’ve figured out their online inventory system. You gotta get there early.
                    That's bull. I've been looking online daily and cannot go any more to random stores only to find out there's nothing. At least there's nothing here in Massachusetts.

Why is there a shortage? I get that hospitals, etc. are the first place these supplies should go but what I want to know is there something that is keeping these items from easily being re-stocked? Is it a shortage of one of the items? Or something like that. I cannot find any information anywhere. I have a supply but the longer this goes, the more I'm going to stress about my supply. I don't plan to hoard but I will need to replenish soon.

Comment

Hydroxychloroquine update for the second (poorly designed) study for those interested.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/hyd...rsus-covid-19/
                      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        If you're desperate, you can always try sewing together three layers of a high MPR 3M furnace filter. Sandwich them tightly between two layers of fabric and strap it tightly to your face covering your mouth and nose. Shoot for an MPR of 2200+. The 2800s are almost impossible to find right now. 2200s can be had, but they're getting scarce.
                        So that's what people are making. Interesting.

Not something I have in hand, as we have an electrostatic filter for the house....

Comment

If you know the UPC or Target's in-house DPCI number for products, use this lookup tool:
                          https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/

There is also a link for Wal-Mart.
                          https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/

Tip for Walmart's SKU, if you go to Wal-Mart.com, search for an item, and visit that product page (ie: Clorox Wipes) the number after the product description is the in store SKU. For the above Clorox wipes, the SKU is 161672179.

I found the Brickseek link from a Lego Users Group years ago for looking up Lego inventory at local stores (when they go on sale), but it can be used for general items too.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            That's bull. I've been looking online daily and cannot go any more to random stores only to find out there's nothing. At least there's nothing here in Massachusetts.

Why is there a shortage? I get that hospitals, etc. are the first place these supplies should go but what I want to know is there something that is keeping these items from easily being re-stocked? Is it a shortage of one of the items? Or something like that. I cannot find any information anywhere. I have a supply but the longer this goes, the more I'm going to stress about my supply. I don't plan to hoard but I will need to replenish soon.
                            Well, it’s worked here 100% of the time in twin cities so I’m sorry you find it “bull.”

Supply chain is effed. Hong Kong has way too much after being short jan and feb. it will take a while to catch up

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              I'm not worried about wiping my car down. I only drive it once every 2 weeks at this point.

I'm hoping our store is a bit more stocked now. Havent seen wipes, sanitizer, tp, ground beef, canned foods for a month.

Cant get delivery or pick up. Always full and only 6 days out.
                              You could be getting the virus on your hands in store then touching car handle, Etc. That’s why I wipe it down. It can be easy to forget to not touch your face while driving

Comment

This is a couple days old but thought I would post it anyway. Didn't hear about this at the press conference.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X