Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Originally posted by burd View Post
    My daughter in Vancouver has it along with her partner, whom they believe was exposed at work before the shutdown. Didn't affect her very badly, but he's taken longer to get through it.
    "Her name is Alberta she lives in Vancouver..."
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Over 100,000 cases in the United States now.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Did I miss where he said any of those things?

IINM Rube isn't advocating bringing people back early. All he's saying is that tons of people are gonna die either way, and that is true.

If he's playing the SJHovey game then, fine, boo. But I've read him so far saying that no matter what we do we're going to lose tons of people. That does not translate to saying that mitigation isn't preferable. Mitigation is obviously preferable because it's the difference between 30k dead and 300k dead.

Rube: in simple language, what are you advocating? Not the whys, just the whats.
        Do not "Let 'er rip" (apparently that's the phrase being tossed around currently). Shutdowns are happening (or have happened), have to ride the course on that.
        This is a fluid situation. What was one thing 3 weeks ago is much different now (case in point: going from nothing to the shutdowns). Hence, thinking changes as time goes on.

Both of the following can be true:
        1. A lot of people are going to die from this. And that sucks.
        2. We can prevent more people from dying from this point on.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

NC has statewide 30 day SIP order starting Monday. Our county starts tonight with their local SIP.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Has anyone's local schools pulled the plug on the year yet?

Sitting in a really weird position with my High School baseball schedule right now. Schools have only cancelled through 04/03/20. Some individual districts have gone till 04/10/20.

At this point I don't see how any public entity is willing to take on any sort of liability related to this. I get the wait and see apprach, but at the same time its not hard to see the writing on the wall with this...
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Italy had some grim news today. nearly 1,000 dead and another 5,900 cases.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Sitting in a really weird position with my High School baseball schedule right now. Schools have only cancelled through 04/03/20. Some individual districts have gone till 04/10/20.

At this point I don't see how any public entity is willing to take on any sort of liability related to this. I get the wait and see apprach, but at the same time its not hard to see the writing on the wall with this...
                Michigan looks likely.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Virginia has closed up shop for the year.

As MTC said, Michigan is close. Whitmer said today it’s highly unlikely schools come back.

I’m surprised that 49 states are either open/contemplating reopening. Colleges are done, college sports are done, pro sports are looking at July as the earliest start. Now, those involve cross country travel with crowds of anywhere from 50-50,000, but a school with hundreds of people coming together, even if it’s the same people, doesn’t sound like a good idea either.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

He has the Defense Production Act to do this. Does he not know? I mean, of course he doesn't know, but do the idiots around him n--. Never mind.
                          I keep thinking- why does everyone get in a twist about what he is saying? His mental capacity is diminished, he can't stay on point, even when it is life or death. Asking that of him is like asking demented old Aunt Matilda to problem solve in another language. He is incapable. What should be happening is paying more attention to those who are propping him up, feeding him these insane ideas, encouraging and enabling him. He continues to look like a demented piece of popcorn in a hot pan- flipping from one thing to another faster and faster as he spins out of control. There was a reason he played golf every weekend.

China's numbers aren't going to be worth anything, like Russia's.

Hopefully ours will be but who knows how deep the GOP rot has set in?
                          Our numbers are sh1t. My bet is they are less accurate than pretty much everywhere else in the world. We have chaotic testing and chaotic reporting. Absolutely NO system- every hospital, every entity has different parameters and are changing things on the fly when they run out of supplies, hit other difficulties. Had a family member recently hosp in a fly over state. I talked to the Case manager and then the Dr. Both admitted their protocols for testing and care were a work in progress. This is a BIG hospital system.

Remember: whatever they accuse us of they are masturbating to at night.
                          I did not need this in my head. Thanks.

Social media is fascinating. You can watch the talking points shift as time goes on in response to posts showing factual information. Wonder who is the chief strategist. This is like watching a massive Jim Jones play. Who is trying to beat him out.
                          -First- accusations of fear mongering, exaggeration, inciting panic, being hysterical
                          -further quotation of fact was met with 'We'll see' in a condescending manner, questioning the veracity of what was posted, denigrating expertise
                          -Next- we had further denial of actual events happening, calling it all an elaborate hoax, a plot to unseat the present occupant of the white house
                          -Next- acknowledgement threat exists but no way it could be that bad and the magical cures only special people know about because {x?} is keeping it from the public- all citing the same few poorly sourced posts from wackos
                          -Now starting to see a new one added into all the other nonsense~ "I choose to be optimistic, you chose to be scared" narrative. Seen this one over the last few weeks when posting facts or links that help fact check. Framing it as the poster is choosing to be optimistic and posting facts is all the usual fear mongering BS means I am scared.

Last night I responded that I was exhibiting the height of optimism. I know the person is not willing to acknowledge facts but I am continuing to post them because if even one more person becomes aware and is aware of how to protect themselves then it will be worth it. Similar to trying to tell someone who is yellow from alcoholic cirrhosis more drinking will kill them. You tell them every time- not because they will believe you but because it not ethical to stop trying. [crickets]

Added that only a fool wouldn't be scared with what is happening. Being scared doesn't preclude being optimistic. Being realistic is what saves people. [crickets]

W TF folks. Its not like you are a kid that can block your ears and babble to block out what you want to hear. Reality marches on.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            My daughter's district (Maricopa County, AZ) just went online for the rest of the school year.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              Colleges are done......
                              Except Liberty University because, you know, God and Jerry Falwell know better.
                              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                                Except Liberty University because, you know, God and Jerry Falwell know better.
                                Yeah, colleges are done.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X