Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I have R friends who live here and don’t agree with this crap

Who'd have thought that Kep might actually get his tactical nuke on the South after all...

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      https://thebulwark.com/an-open-lette...-barack-obama/

Good article. Don't care if it's not going to change anything.
      Agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        The best way to save the planet is if we were all gone. Where's that meteorite when the planet needs it most.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          There is a Fallacy of Large Numbers, and it's wonderful, but it isn't this.
          Ha. I came across that one (but just now learned its name) back in the 90s. We were bidding on building an aircraft system, and were required to provide a “maintenance cost” guarantee on a per operator basis. Our Program Manager did a basic expected value calculation (how often each part breaks x cost to fix each part) and was ready to offer that up as our guarantee. I literally had to yell, “stop!” to get him to listen. The problem was that most operators were only going to have between 1 and 5 airplanes, so there were going to be hundreds of tiny fleets. Using the expected value (which would have been okay for a single large fleet of 1000 airplanes) would have been a financial disaster for our company to guarantee to all of those small fleets. I had to do a ton of Monte Carlo simulations to convince him.

Sorry - back to your regularly scheduled Trump bashing.
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            One thing you can do is vote for candidates who are not of the party that thinks public health is a joke and a hoax
            But........his "principles"

Letting grammie and grampie die to own the libs.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Ventec and GM have reached an agreement between themselves to use GM's Kokomo Indiana engine plant. UAW employees are *volunteering* their time to build these. Production looks to start shipping in a few weeks, once they get the workers up to speed.

This is UNRELATED to any deal that Ventec may have with the US Government. There is ZERO input in this from the Trump administration.
              Why volunteered? Usg will buy these, or the states. Gm and Ford ain’t donating
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                https://thebulwark.com/an-open-lette...-barack-obama/

Good article. Don't care if it's not going to change anything.
                1) That is a very good article

2) It is astounding that Trump is so awful at being President that calling on George W. Bush for leadership is actually a valid request. The guy who basically let New Orleans drown is STILL better than the clown in there now.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                  Ha. I came across that one (but just now learned its name) back in the 90s. We were bidding on building an aircraft system, and were required to provide a “maintenance cost” guarantee on a per operator basis. Our Program Manager did a basic expected value calculation (how often each part breaks x cost to fix each part) and was ready to offer that up as our guarantee. I literally had to yell, “stop!” to get him to listen. The problem was that most operators were only going to have between 1 and 5 airplanes, so there were going to be hundreds of tiny fleets. Using the expected value (which would have been okay for a single large fleet of 1000 airplanes) would have been a financial disaster for our company to guarantee to all of those small fleets. I had to do a ton of Monte Carlo simulations to convince him.
                  That is a great story.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Adapted from a 3M comm:

3M has received inquiries from hospitals about disinfecting/reusing their N95 respirators. 3M is working with two major disinfection companies and consulting with external experts to find an effective disinfection method.

3M is also partnering with Ford to increase the production of powered air purifying respirators (PAPRs)
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      1) That is a very good article

2) It is astounding that Trump is so awful at being President that calling on George W. Bush for leadership is actually a valid request. The guy who basically let New Orleans drown is STILL better than the clown in there now.
                      Just what I was thinking.

Up until Dump there was a compelling case that Dubya was the worst President in history and a lead pipe cinch he was the worst in a hundred years. Dump is such an exceptional disaster on every axis that Dubya is now the mean, with all other presidents in a bell curve stretching in a solar system above him, then an interstellar gap, and then Dump.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Apparently Chinas numbers werent including asymptomatic patients.

"I have no idea why the authorities choose not to count [asymptomatic] cases in the official case count. I am baffled," said one of the Wuhan doctors who had a second positive test after recovering.

https://flip.it/6z0POK
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          You know how you could make that happen? Invoke the Defense Production Act.
                          No, it can't. GM doesn't own it anymore...

Their other plants can though...
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Another reason why we need to test everyone. From NYT

“ More than 30 health care workers were exposed to the coronavirus after 2 women with undetected Covid-19 gave birth at a New York City hospital last week. The babies do not seem to have contracted the virus so far, the hospital said.”

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              Apparently Chinas numbers werent including asymptomatic patients.

"I have no idea why the authorities choose not to count [asymptomatic] cases in the official case count. I am baffled," said one of the Wuhan doctors who had a second positive test after recovering.

https://flip.it/6z0POK
                              China's numbers aren't going to be worth anything, like Russia's.

Hopefully ours will be but who knows how deep the GOP rot has set in?
                              Cornell University

Comment

Cuomo is great to listen to.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X