Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    The orcs I know will call it fake because media matters is the source.

In defense of Jup and GPL, 5OT hardly ever posts and the no politics rule is good 99% of the time. Someone should have given him a t.o. instead of locking the thread, but 5OT's overall footprint there is barely measurable for quite some time. And there are still plenty of good folks there.

/soft rant over
    Agreed, but it’s happened enough and he never gets a time out. Gonna keep happening when there’s no punishment. So I just won’t waste any more time - it’s happened in a lot of threads over the years, even really innocent ones.

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

In defense of Jup and GPL, 5OT hardly ever posts and the no politics rule is good 99% of the time. Someone should have given him a t.o. instead of locking the thread, but 5OT's overall footprint there is barely measurable for quite some time. And there are still plenty of good folks there.

/soft rant over
      Well...he still lets me post there...
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

/soft rant over
        I'm with Slappy here. 99% of the time, it's a good site to banter about. I do wish the hammer would come done a little harder at times, but not my site, not my rules, not my place.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          I'm with Slappy here. 99% of the time, it's a good site to banter about. I do wish the hammer would come done a little harder at times, but not my site, not my rules, not my place.
          What’s there to be “with” on? I’m not begrudging anyone for thinking differently than me nor asking them to be.

Comment

Nice drop today.

US Deaths:
            Code:
            3/01      0
            3/02      5
            3/03      3
            3/04      2
            3/05      1
            3/06      3
            3/07      4
            3/08      3
            3/09      4
            3/10      4
            3/11      8
            3/12      3
            3/13      7
            3/14      9
            3/15     12
            3/16     18
            3/17     23
            3/18     40
            3/19     56
            3/20     49
            3/21     46
            3/22    113
            3/23    141
            3/24    225
            3/25    247
            3/26    268
            3/27    401
            3/28    525
            3/29    362
            Edit: 3/29 now adjusted up from 264 on late reports, and may still be low. It wasn't quite the drop we thought.
            Last edited by Kepler; 03-30-2020, 10:26 AM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              What’s there to be “with” on? I’m not begrudging anyone for thinking differently than me nor asking them to be.
              I'm just saying I agree with him. A vast majority of the time, the site is a good site.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                I'm just saying I agree with him. A vast majority of the time, the site is a good site.
                Sure. I’m just done donating and reading until the right wing trolls are stopped when they do that crap. That’s all.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Sure. I’m just done donating and reading until the trolls are stopped when they do that crap. That’s all.
                  Edited the above, and hence my comment about the hammer.

Edit: the sports trolls are ugh at times.

Comment

Yeah, I don’t think this is about states populations anymore

Comment

Flo(R)ida.

Comment

Wow. Finally some good news.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

JUST IN: Michigan Democratic state Rep. Isaac Robinson has died at 44 years old due to a suspected coronavirus infection, his family said.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Thanks.

Unfortunately she’s not in a union and maybe thankfully she’s not a nurse. I told her I imagine the nursing union is going to push back on that. Especially given that other hospitals are requiring PPE.

She’s at will. I just didn’t know if this opens her up to legal jeopardy if she gets sick or something I’m not even seeing.
                            If she's not unionized then she's subject to Minnesota's at will laws covering employment. The "reasonable person" standards would apply as to whether or not she'd be held criminally or civilly liable if for some reason she infected someone. If you are asymptomatic and following CDC guidelines but you are actually carrying and infect someone you're not going to be successfully sued or prosecuted. My guess is at some point someone will get fired in a similar circumstance to what you describe/fear and then I would then think a crafty employment attorney will be figuring out how to file a suit based on an unlawful termination because of a disability, which is one of the protected classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              JUST IN: Michigan Democratic state Rep. Isaac Robinson has died at 44 years old due to a suspected coronavirus infection, his family said.
                              Jesus christ...
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X