Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    It may be an artifact of reporting times but the bulk of today's new cases so far are in FL, IN, MD, and NV. Perhaps attitudes will change as it goes national and the derps no longer think it is a New York / Washington problem. It's coming for them, too.
    It's reporting times, most of the states update once daily, just a few are giving multiple updates. For example CO reports daily at 4pm mountain time, for the previous days counts.

Comment

It may be an artifact of reporting times but the bulk of today's new cases so far are in FL, IN, MD, and NV. Perhaps attitudes will change as it goes national and the derps no longer think it is a New York / New Jersey / California / Washington problem.

It's coming for them, too.
      Louisiana.

Just wait for Mississippi and Alabama, with their insane approaches, to finally catch up. The fatality rate in those states is going to be astounding.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

And their off! Down the front stretch it's South Korea by a large margin, followed by Iran and Italy, rest of the field is way back.

Italy and Iran catching up, going into turn one, it's Italy in the lead, followed by Iran and South Korea, France.
        Spain, and Germany round out the top six.

In turn two it's Italy legging out a big lead. South Korea has fallen to third and still falling back. Spain, Germany, and France the top six.

Italy with a dominant lead onto the backstretch. But wait, USA is making a power push through the field! Sixth place, fifth, fourth, now up to third. Another quick burst and they're now in second and closing fast!

Halfway down the backstretch it's Italy and USA, one-two. USA-Italy. USA takes the lead. South Korea has fallen to seventh. USA with a commanding lead now...

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          It’s obvious a “one size fits all” approach to combating the virus won’t work in the US simply because of the diversity of the way we live. I joked a week or two ago that in North Dakota we have to drive to just get within six feet of someone else, but that’s only partially a joke. Decisions on the level of shelter in place have to be local, not national.
          No, NO, No, NO!! WHat you are proposing is what we currently have.

In a real world with responsible leaders the correct approach would be National guidance with set of general rules of what should be accomplished. SIP, distribution of supplies, sharing of info, reporting guidelines. You would have apolitical experts who would make recommendations that would be appropriate and based on science.

We will NEVER have that with the Offal in Chief but that is what should happen. We currently have Local Management. It is a CF. It is why we are screwed. It is every State for itself and that is pitting States against each other and the OiC, Fed gubmint. Said this in the very first Thread about this thing. Playing aout exactly as predicted.

You are making the assumption that local gubmints will use facts, be intelligent and do the right thing. I think you don't have to look very far to see that is a epic fail

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
          Where are people tracking thre deaths? I haven't found a good source yet. Thanks
          I hadn't seen the World meters one. I follow these as well as Johns Hopkins

https://infection2020.com/?fbclid=Iw...hivxs62YUIKmaw nice graphs- gives you by county a

https://www.politico.com/interactive...-of-new-cases/ New testing, states and deaths and on the map you can use the slider to see how it has progressed

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105 BBC link showing the fast progressing bar graph

It may be an artifact of reporting times but the bulk of today's new cases so far are in FL, IN, MD, and NV. Perhaps attitudes will change as it goes national and the derps no longer think it is a New York / New Jersey / California / Washington problem.

It's coming for them, too.
          Are you high? By the time they see there are deaths and sickness they will be well and truly seeded and it will be too late.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            And their off! Down the front stretch it's South Korea by a large margin, followed by Iran and Italy, rest of the field is way back.

Italy and Iran catching up, going into turn one, it's Italy in the lead, followed by Iran and South Korea, France.
            Spain, and Germany round out the top six.

In turn two it's Italy legging out a big lead. South Korea has fallen to third and still falling back. Spain, Germany, and France the top six.

Italy with a dominant lead onto the backstretch. But wait, USA is making a power push through the field! Sixth place, fifth, fourth, now up to third. Another quick burst and they're now in second and closing fast!

Halfway down the backstretch it's Italy and USA, one-two. USA-Italy. USA takes the lead. South Korea has fallen to seventh. USA with a commanding lead now...

I stole this and shared. USA...USA...USA...

Comment

Nice little GIF- By date - Numbers, coloring in the country as cases show up, with quotes from the Rump as days go on.

https://imgur.com/NZHlRWs?fbclid=IwA...eSManqmEpspZzs
              Last edited by leswp1; 03-29-2020, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                Jup will be along shortly to shut it down, I'm sure. That thread lasted longer that I thought it would, honestly.
                Well now someone is posting tweets from RNC spokesperson. Maybe this will be my exit from that site

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Well now someone is posting tweets from RNC spokesperson. Maybe this will be my exit from that site
                  Is this a Gopher site?

Laugh at me but I'd have thought MN plus college equals pretty educated, read, liberal. I'm getting the vibe that that's a no.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Is this a Gopher site?
                    Yes. Run by a great guy, but there’s a no politics rule and a few usual suspects can’t seem to respect it

Comment

Is this a Gopher site?

Laugh at me but I'd have thought MN plus college equals pretty educated, read, liberal. I'm getting the vibe that that's a no.
                      Ha, hard to tell since politics is banned but there’s a real right wing vibe from a few which is what has pushed me away

Comment

Yes. Run by a great guy, but there’s a no politics rule and a few usual suspects can’t seem to respect it
                        We have that on eLynah too.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Ha, hard to tell since politics is banned but there’s a real right wing vibe from a few which is what has pushed me away
                          People are so culturally segregated now that even when they don't discuss politics it's pretty easy to figure out their politics. And that's ignoring that you can just rank order politics by intelligence since about 2008.
                          Cornell University

Comment

People are so culturally segregated now that even when they don't discuss politics it's pretty easy to figure out their politics. And that's ignoring that you can just rank order politics by intelligence since about 2008.
                            Yep, and a few are constantly allowed to push up to the line, so I’ve had enough. Either follow rules and suspend someone, or don’t have rules.

Meanwhille

Comment

We have that on eLynah too.
                              Ah yes now the poster says maybe people don’t like the message that the numbers could be lower. Instead of thinking his source is bull. Yes, yes all of us non right wingers just want more people to die, exactly.
                              What a joke.

Comment

Yep, and a few are constantly allowed to push up to the line, so I’ve had enough. Either follow rules and suspend someone, or don’t have rules.

Meanwhille

Really interesting to see the numbers of who thinks what.

Comment

Working...
                                X