Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Trump is currently on FOX News ranting and raving; spouts off on using chloroquine for treatment.

Meanwhile, actual science being discussed on CNBC where Johnson and Johnson says they have a potential vaccine in development that they are pushing for human trials soon.

And I want to add that "Branch Covidians" used above is a goddammed brilliant nickname.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Just checking out the worldometers site. It appears that Italy has hit some sort of plateau with respect to the number of new cases they are reporting each day, at least looking back at the last 10 days or so. I don't know if this is because they changed their testing or what, but if the numbers are accurate I have to assume that's good news for them.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          Just checking out the worldometers site. It appears that Italy has hit some sort of plateau with respect to the number of new cases they are reporting each day, at least looking back at the last 10 days or so. I don't know if this is because they changed their testing or what, but if the numbers are accurate I have to assume that's good news for them.
          I think we’re seeing what happens when people isolate to homes. Infections no longer grow exponentially by exposing new clusters, but rather they’re growing by some fraction of households who have it and might be spreading it within the home. That kind of caps the growth. I think.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Today is grocery day. So another 2 weeks of wondering if i caught the virus, or passed it on to my wife.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              Today is grocery day. So another 2 weeks of wondering if i caught the virus, or passed it on to my wife.
              I don’t think that way anymore. Try to limit myself to no more than two store trips a week. I was going more often to find hand sanitizer but now I’m stocked.

Douse your hands in sanitizer in your car after, wipe car down with wipes, and then wipe food packaging when you get home. Then I wipe down kitchen including fridge handles and door knobs and finally finish with a good hand wash.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                We've been doing delivery for a couple of weeks now. Package arrives, we take it out, throw away the bags, and then clean up after. No direct contact with anyone.

If I had to go out, I would double up a few masks that I have, too- not anywhere near an N-95 mask, but it at least will be better than nothing.

Comment

I'm not worried about wiping my car down. I only drive it once every 2 weeks at this point.

I'm hoping our store is a bit more stocked now. Havent seen wipes, sanitizer, tp, ground beef, canned foods for a month.

Cant get delivery or pick up. Always full and only 6 days out.
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Trump is currently on FOX News ranting and raving; spouts off on using chloroquine for treatment.

Meanwhile, actual science being discussed on CNBC where Johnson and Johnson says they have a potential vaccine in development that they are pushing for human trials soon.

And I want to add that "Branch Covidians" used above is a goddammed brilliant nickname.

Human trials still means a widely available vaccine could be 12 months away if we’re lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      Can't you get delivery?

Edit: Ah. Try signing up at midnight. That's when one of the local stores opens up deliveries.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Can't you get delivery?
                        Not reliably.
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

I wish I had masks. May ask my mom to make some.

Japan has had an interesting spike in cases.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Can't you get delivery?

Edit: Ah. Try signing up at midnight. That's when one of the local stores opens up deliveries.
                            The few I’ve tried never have slots. I will admit I haven’t tried all forms

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              I'm not worried about wiping my car down. I only drive it once every 2 weeks at this point.

I'm hoping our store is a bit more stocked now. Havent seen wipes, sanitizer, tp, ground beef, canned foods for a month.

Cant get delivery or pick up. Always full and only 6 days out.
                              If you want to know when to get hand sani I can help. Check targets website after midnight/before they open at 7. Their purell inventory is never correct, but so far we have 100% accuracy on their up and up brand. The 8oz bottle is being stocked. I check online, go to store around 7 or 730 and pick it up

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                We've been doing delivery for a couple of weeks now. Package arrives, we take it out, throw away the bags, and then clean up after. No direct contact with anyone.

If I had to go out, I would double up a few masks that I have, too- not anywhere near an N-95 mask, but it at least will be better than nothing.
                                If you're desperate, you can always try sewing together three layers of a high MPR 3M furnace filter. Sandwich them tightly between two layers of fabric and strap it tightly to your face covering your mouth and nose. Shoot for an MPR of 2200+. The 2800s are almost impossible to find right now. 2200s can be had, but they're getting scarce.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X