Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

This is why we can't have nice things

For such a democratic area, Chicago is filled with people that act like Republican dumb *****s
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      If your company is publicly held, check their executive pay, bonuses, and options.

Fun fact: when the president of Gimbel's saw Death of a Salesman in 1949 he asked to go on stage afterwards and announced that henceforth no one in his company would ever be let go for being over age.

None of the MBA POS sociopaths in big business today could even conceive of going beyond the letter of law for their employees.
      Of course that’s the case with many, but not all. I don’t know thr size and scope of where she works. I do know some smaller places don’t have huge pay and are hurting

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Of course that’s the case with many, but not all. I don’t know thr size and scope of where she works. I do know some smaller places don’t have huge pay and are hurting
        I'm fine with mom and pop shops doing what they need to, though in the event it's usually those places that carry their employees because they see them as human beings.

But anybody with more than 100 employees had better have a good reason, and anybody with more than 1000 employees can f-ck themselves unless they first give back every penny of their executive compensation for the last twenty years.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            This is why we can't have nice things

For such a democratic area, Chicago is filled with people that act like Republican dumb *****s
            I'm not quite following why this is bad? Is seems necessary and a very good action. And while I'm sure righties are being their usual selfish dumbsh-t selves, I'm not seeing this as a reaction to bad behavior but just as the correct measure for public health.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              He should drop the "Ryan." It's perfect otherwise.
              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                I'm not quite following why this is bad? Is seems necessary and a very good action. And while I'm sure righties are being their usual selfish dumbsh-t selves, I'm not seeing this as a reaction to bad behavior but just as the correct measure for public health.
                It was needed, but this is the 2nd time Chicago has outright done the opposite of what they were told to do. We were told to not go out to bars/resturants, so we packed them at the next opportunity for St. Patty's day. We were told that the parks would be open for use, but not to congregate in groups. Playgounds and other "high congestion" areas were closed. Our answer: Take groups of kids to the playgrounds and go play soccer and basketball (and do the fishing socialization I mentioned previously).

Its been said, but this is a prime example of an entire class losing recess because 4 guys couldn't shut up for 20 minutes while the teacher was teaching.
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  It was needed, but this is the 2nd time Chicago has outright done the opposite of what they were told to do. We were told to not go out to bars/resturants, so we packed them at the next opportunity for St. Patty's day. We were told that the parks would be open for use, but not to congregate in groups. Playgounds and other "high congestion" areas were closed. Our answer: Take groups of kids to the playgrounds and go play soccer and basketball (and do the fishing socialization I mentioned previously).

Its been said, but this is a prime example of an entire class losing recess because 4 guys couldn't shut up for 20 minutes while the teacher was teaching.
                  OK, but nobody's really losing anything because they shouldn't be out there anyway.
                  Cornell University

Comment

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Medical professionals around the US told BuzzFeed News that the official numbers of people who have died of COVID-19 are not consistent with the number of deaths they’re seeing on the front lines.

In some cases, it’s a lag in reporting, caused by delays and possible breakdowns in logging positive tests and making them public. In other, more troubling, cases, medical experts told BuzzFeed News they think it’s because people are not being tested before or after they die.
                    The bolded part there, that’s what happened to my friend’s aunt. The hospital in NJ didn’t have enough (any?) tests available. The doctors think it was COVID-19, but they can’t officially report it as such.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      The bolded part there, that’s what happened to my friend’s aunt. The hospital in NJ didn’t have enough (any?) tests available. The doctors think it was COVID-19, but they can’t officially report it as such.
                      Can't the ME/coroner/whatever use judgment then and declare it COVID?
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        That can be tricky. That’s one of the single biggest impediments to health reporting globally.

Comment

I'm fine with mom and pop shops doing what they need to, though in the event it's usually those places that carry their employees because they see them as human beings.

But anybody with more than 100 employees had better have a good reason, and anybody with more than 1000 employees can f-ck themselves unless they first give back every penny of their executive compensation for the last twenty years.
                          Delaware Corp. who own the Boston Bruins, just announced forced leave for something lie 80 of their full-time employees, and pay cuts for another 64 or so.

The Jacobs family who own Delaware Corp, are worth over $3 billion. One of the cheapest corporate owners in sports. Just disgusting how they treat their employees. they could continue to pay every one of them for probably a year, and still be worth 2.9 billion.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Did you ever see the John Oliver piece on coroners? If not, you should.

Comment

New Jersey tripled their rate of increase overnight. +727 yesterday. +2,474 today.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Delaware Corp. who own the Boston Bruins, just announced forced leave for something lie 80 of their full-time employees, and pay cuts for another 64 or so.

The Jacobs family who own Delaware Corp, are worth over $3 billion. One of the cheapest corporate owners in sports. Just disgusting how they treat their employees. they could continue to pay every one of them for probably a year, and still be worth 2.9 billion.
                                Can we retroactively take away their 2011 Cup win?
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X