Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    They can't get help, because there is no help to get (various situations), or they won't get help (see: hoax believers/etc).
    All the more reason to be livid over this rather than, "oh well". jfc dude.

Comment

4 deaths on a cruise ship near Panama...I wonder if that will further prove that doctors "Diamond Princess" BS hypothesis.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

'Murica, F yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
          'Murica, F yeah!

Working as intended.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

This guy is a POS

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              All the more reason to be livid over this rather than, "oh well". jfc dude.
              Where have I said, "Oh well?" I have said that I have accepted the fact that a lot more people will die from this, and that fact sucks. It *is* reality, though.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                Where have I said, "Oh well?" I have said that I have accepted the fact that a lot more people will die from this, and that fact sucks. It *is* reality, though.
                That's the definition of, "oh well".

Comment

I was looking at some interesting graphs for the cases as of 3/26. I plotted state cases and deaths vs.: Population density, Gini coefficient, GDP/cap, vehicles/cap, unemployment, poverty rate, religiosity, etc.

Some interesting, but mostly obvious trends popped out. Population density is obviously highly correlated. Gini was fairly high, but number of cars per capita was the strongest correlation of any of the measures. Unemployment, poverty, religiosity didn't have any correlation. Even more than population density.

The correlation with deaths was almost always significantly lower with the exceptions of GDP/cap, unemployment, and poverty. All showed stronger correlations.

I also plotted cases/MM and deaths/MM vs. how left/right the states are. Cases/MM are very much higher for blue states but almost flat when it comes to deaths/MM across the political spectrum. HMMMM.....

Will be interesting to see what happens over time.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    That's the definition of, "oh well".
                    I'm gonna side with Rube, here. Saying "thousands of people will die from cancer this year" is not the same as saying "I am ambivalent that thousands of people will die from cancer this year."

The irony of the juxtaposition of saving the economy vs saving lives is that studies are coming out now that the best thing for the economy is to apply the strictest possible measures and save the most lives. It is not a tradeoff.

So there is literally only one reason to force people back to work early and risk more deaths: save Dump's campaign. That is all those people are advocating.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 03-27-2020, 04:04 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      You are literally the Stephen A. Smith of this board. You have the dumbest, most insane takes possible.

You've gone from saying everyone who gets this will die, to saying people don't need to social distance, to saying you'd just have to accept family members dying.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                        You are literally the Stephen A. Smith of this board. You have the dumbest, most insane takes possible.

You've gone from saying everyone who gets this will die, to saying people don't need to social distance, to saying you'd just have to accept family members dying.
                        Did I miss where he said any of those things?

IINM Rube isn't advocating bringing people back early. All he's saying is that tons of people are gonna die either way, and that is true.

If he's playing the SJHovey game then, fine, boo. But I've read him so far saying that no matter what we do we're going to lose tons of people. That does not translate to saying that mitigation isn't preferable. Mitigation is obviously preferable because it's the difference between 30k dead and 300k dead.

Rube: in simple language, what are you advocating? Not the whys, just the whats.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

He said those things weeks ago, don’t think he’s said them since

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            He said those things weeks ago, don’t think he’s said them since
                            OK well if he still stands by them then like I said f-ck him. But I'm just going by these recent statements.

If you make me covid czar:

The private economy ends for a while. The USG sends the same amount of money monthly directly to all adult human beings in the country regardless of everything (age, sex, marital status, kids, wealth, employment, citizenship). It's enough to cover normal contracted commitments of regular human beings like rent or mortgage, plus a food and necessities allowance.

Loans are suspended without interest.

Nobody is allowed to go to work unless they're actually essential, which is a very small group (sorry beer distributors).

People outside in groups of n > 1 get told to disperse immediately.

Your godd-mn snotty, disease-ridden kids don't leave the house. They're under house arrest and you're responsible. Even the hot girls.

We'll revisit in June.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 03-27-2020, 04:22 PM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

He has definitely changed his tune on this even in the last week. He isnt saying what some people seem to think he is.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                To be fair...we aren't either...

He's been dealt a tough hand and has handled about as well as you can.

Just found out a friend of mine from college has it (lives in Florida) and has said it's vicious. Thankfully, her kids are with their dad in Minnesota.
                                My daughter in Vancouver has it along with her partner, whom they believe was exposed at work before the shutdown. Didn't affect her very badly, but he's taken longer to get through it.

Comment

Working...
                                X