Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Evidently on Sunday Dump said something on the order of, "dying is a difficult thing to go through."

He's not wrong.
    If there is justice in the universe, trump and his minions will all die slowly and painfully so they can see just how difficult it is to go through. It sounds harsh, but I really mean it. If you understand it, and always understood how dangerous trump was going to be, yours should be a peaceful (and far distant) passing, surrounded by people who love you, sharing stories of how you enriched their lives. If you plan on voting for trump again (or if you are trump) I want you to suffer and I want whatever part of the cult that is around you as you struggle for breath to see the pain and fear in your eyes and I want them to take that image to their own graves.

Comment

I'm even hearing complaints up here, where winter lasts until mid May, about the summer people from Chicago & Detroit jamming up the lake roads and grocery stores. I don't know what happens when our hospital is full of tourists who are importing the pandemic. We shall see.
      Today's fun headline: "Local gun shop sees sales spike"
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          So glad they get to lie about it now and have 50% of the country believe them.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So I’m starting to see the memes on Facebook feeds that Cuomo is sending prisoners with the virus upstate to areas that don’t have a lot of reported cases, thus accusing him of knowingly spreading the disease
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

We should send all cases to Florida.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Too bad GPL thread was locked because this won’t go along with the right wing narrative re brix and numbers. Hopefully most who read that junk know it’s junk

“ White House coronavirus response coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx on Monday warned that up to 200,000 people in the U.S. could die from the coronavirus outbreak if "we do things almost perfectly." Birx stressed that the Trump administration remains "very worried" about every city in the United States and the possibility that the virus could get "out of control."

"If we do things together well, almost perfectly, we could get in the range of 100,000 to 200,000 fatalities. We don’t even want to see that."

Comment

It is reopened...
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                    So I’m starting to see the memes on Facebook feeds that Cuomo is sending prisoners with the virus upstate to areas that don’t have a lot of reported cases, thus accusing him of knowingly spreading the disease
                    I assume he is using Hillary's pedophile underground pizza railroad?
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Comment

Worldmeter updates: (JH is behind)

152k cases in the US.
                        2817 deaths.

JHU has over 63k cases in New York.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          I'm even hearing complaints up here, where winter lasts until mid May, about the summer people from Chicago & Detroit jamming up the lake roads and grocery stores.
                          There was a story on the Beeb this morning like this. Putin declared a "week without work" in a national address last week. He meant it as a way of saying "stay inside." Instead, the resorts in the Black Sea are packed as everybody took it as a vacation. The national press keeps reporting coronavirus is a foreign disease with no presence in Russia so the government got caught by its own lie. They had interviews with restaurant owners in Moscow who are using the week to build out their patios preparing for a big Summer. When the interviewer asked them if they were afraid of closings due to the disease they told him that was crazy because there was no disease in Russia.

The Moscow mayor instituted SIP because their own propaganda was going to get everybody in the city killed. It's like watching a country run by Fox.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This really was China's Chernobyl.

Scarred by the SARS epidemic that erupted in 2002, China had created an infectious disease reporting system that officials said was world-class: fast, thorough and, just as important, immune from meddling.

Hospitals could input patients’ details into a computer and instantly notify government health authorities in Beijing, where officers are trained to spot and smother contagious outbreaks before they spread.

It didn’t work.

After doctors in Wuhan began treating clusters of patients stricken with a mysterious pneumonia in December, the reporting was supposed to have been automatic. Instead, hospitals deferred to local health officials who, over a political aversion to sharing bad news, withheld information about cases from the national reporting system — keeping Beijing in the dark and delaying the response.

The central health authorities first learned about the outbreak not from the reporting system but after unknown whistle-blowers leaked two internal documents online.

Even after Beijing got involved, local officials set narrow criteria for confirming cases, leaving out information that could have provided clues that the virus was spreading among humans.

Hospitals were ordered to count only patients with a known connection to the source of the outbreak, the seafood market. Doctors also had to have their cases confirmed by bureaucrats before they were reported to higher-ups.
                            This is what happens when science is beholden to authoritarian political structures. Exactly the problem Dump and the GOP brought here.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I'm sure God will get right on that.

In all seriousness, it would not surprise me if infection/death rates and religiosity directly correlate by the end of this. How many dense, large clusters of people are still forming besides religious observance? Hospitalization itself. Mass transit. Anything else?
                              I posted about this earlier
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                This really was China's Chernobyl.

This is what happens when science is beholden to authoritarian political structures. Exactly the problem Dump and the GOP brought here.
                                My city posted a nice, sensible post about social distancing and how group sports need to stop in the park.

Cue the libertarian brigade. One guy commented “thanks hitler” and then another follows with #killallgovernment

Comment

Working...
                                X