Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    WOuldn't those be included in NYC's numbers? Pretty sure they aren't reporting by residence but location tested and/or hospitalized.
    I don't know how it's being counted. That would sure be easier.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I don't know how it's being counted. That would sure be easier.
      Alaska had someone die in Seattle but is counted as a death in Alaska.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Plus it captures the deaths due to overburdening of the system and although those aren't technically covid they are really part of the total.

Here I worry red states are going to start flat out suppressing numbers to not anger their god emperor, just like in PRC and Russia.
        Oh you can absolutely bet on it. Some will be fine. It's probably why LA is spiking now but MS is going to be a complete disaster. LA has JBE who isn't a suicidal moron like MS's governor.

MS might beat NY for deaths when this is over.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

USA just passed China for infections.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            WRONG!

It was halfway through Thursday!
            Code:

Comment

USA just passed China for infections.
              We're NUMBER 1. We're NUMBER 1. We're NUMBER 1.

USA USA USA USA
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

USA USA USA USA
                It's gonna take some time for us to get to #1 in deaths, but with our White House and Senate I believe we can do it.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I mean, that might be the only way to really measure this. We can get a halfway decent number of direct COVID deaths, but the real number includes people who just die at home, on the streets, etc. which may never be tested. But then there's the people who have chest pains, say they aren't going within a mile of an ER because of COVID, and are dead a day later.

You really have to look at the departure from norms to understand the real impact this is having. Preview: It's worse than we think right now. Especially with the fog of war that's going on in our ER battlefields.
                  I think recent statistics show that there are about 2.8 million deaths a year in the U.S., or an average about 7600-7700/day.

I also think that the total deaths per year figure changes from year to year, with a slight upward tilt probably due to just having more people in the country and an aging population.

So yeah, I think you'll be able to go and in a couple of years look back and see what this year's death figures look like and if you look at them compared with surrounding years, what sort of "bump" do you see that you can probably attribute to this virus.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    I think recent statistics show that there are about 2.8 million deaths a year in the U.S., or an average about 7600-7700/day.

I also think that the total deaths per year figure changes from year to year, with a slight upward tilt probably due to just having more people in the country and an aging population.

So yeah, I think you'll be able to go and in a couple of years look back and see what this year's death figures look like and if you look at them compared with surrounding years, what sort of "bump" do you see that you can probably attribute to this virus.
                    I think it would also be important to look at the averages and all anomalies over the past 20-30 years. So what's a "normal abnormality" look like compared to this? Is this several standard deviations higher? How many...?
                    Code:

Comment

Thankfully it sounds like Klobuchar's husband is doing a lot better today. Glimmers of good news in an ocean of bad.
                      Code:

Comment

I think it would also be important to look at the averages and all anomalies over the past 20-30 years. So what's a "normal abnormality" look like compared to this? Is this several standard deviations higher? How many...?
                        Well, the most recent example was the 16 who died directly due to Maria, but 4000 who died because of Maria in Puerto Rico. When I heard about the freezer trucks outside of hospitals in New York, I was reminded of what happened in Puerto Rico, too.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

USA USA USA USA
                          Making America Great Again.

Does Trump start calling it the USA Virus now?
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Are you still ****ing going on about this?

How many are from natural causes?
                            How many from shootings?
                            How many from accidents?

And then, how many from a pandemic that our president knew was coming for two months and just sat on his fat *** and pretended would go away?

Jesus Christ, just shut your ****ing cakehole.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Just got this great e-mail
                              Plane with 5 passengers on board, Donald Trump, the Pope, Dr Anthony Fauci , Hillary Clinton, and a ten year old school girl. The plane is about to crash and there is only 4 parachutes.

Dr Fauci, said “I need one. I have to help develop a cure for the global health crisis that is COVID19!” He takes one and jumps.
                              The Pope said “I need one, I have to help spiritually guide people through the global health crisis that is COVID19!” He takes one and jumps.
                              Trump said ‘‘I need one, I’m the smartest man in the USA.” He takes one and jumps.
                              Hillary said to the ten year old "you can have the last parachute. I've lived my life, yours is only starting."
                              The 10 year old said "Don’t worry, there are 2 parachutes left. The smartest man in the USA took my school bag."

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Are you still ****ing going on about this?

How many are from natural causes?
                                How many from shootings?
                                How many from accidents?

And then, how many from a pandemic that our president knew was coming for two months and just sat on his fat *** and pretended would go away?

Jesus Christ, just shut your ****ing cakehole.
                                That might have been the first completely inoffensive post Hovey has made in these threads, way to nail the criticism. He was just agreeing with dx that hindsight might be the only way to know the actual toll.

Comment

Working...
                                X