This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COVID-19 - Part 2

As of the last check, the WORLDWIDE death total was just north of 21,000. This Wuhan Corona has been going on now since at least Mid December in CHINA, so 4 months worldwide. That is 5000+ people per month, out of 7,500,000,000. What is the percentage? Why even start the debate about total numbers for seasonal flu, car-accidents, smoking, liberal policies, the opioid crisis, the ever dangerous Arkansas Flu (watch out Biden) and the list can go on. Did we shut down the US economy for any of these?

To put the Wuhan Corona numbers in perspective, 5000 was probably a good DAY during the Normandy invasion. How about Stalingrad? probably triple that number. How about the Mao purge? Khmer Rouge?

Question - We are hearing about all of the lay off's because of the Wuhan Corona. How come ALL of these are in the private sector? How come the public sector isnt furloughing any workers who are deemed "non-essential" and are staying at home? People better keep track of this because the Romney 47% (all in Hillary Supporters) keep their jobs while the other 53% who foot most of the governments "revenue" get the axe. If we don't and the 47 becomes 51, then how far behind is Mao and Khmer?

Comment

69,197 infected, 1,046 dead = 1.51%. Johns Hopkins data as of: 3/26/20 7:29:49 AM.

US population = 330,000,000, projected infections 70,000,000 - 150,000,000 = 1,057,000 - 2,265,000 deaths.

New York (CITY) with 280 is #8 in the deaths by COUNTRY list.

CDC estimates that, from October 1, 2019, through March 14, 2020, there have been 23,000 – 59,000 US flu deaths.
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Whalers View Post
        As of the last check, the WORLDWIDE death total was just north of 21,000. This Wuhan Corona has been going on now since at least Mid December in CHINA, so 4 months worldwide. That is 5000+ people per month, out of 7,500,000,000. What is the percentage? Why even start the debate about total numbers for seasonal flu, car-accidents, smoking, liberal policies, the opioid crisis, the ever dangerous Arkansas Flu (watch out Biden) and the list can go on. Did we shut down the US economy for any of these?

To put the Wuhan Corona numbers in perspective, 5000 was probably a good DAY during the Normandy invasion. How about Stalingrad? probably triple that number. How about the Mao purge? Khmer Rouge?

Question - We are hearing about all of the lay off's because of the Wuhan Corona. How come ALL of these are in the private sector? How come the public sector isnt furloughing any workers who are deemed "non-essential" and are staying at home? People better keep track of this because the Romney 47% (all in Hillary Supporters) keep their jobs while the other 53% who foot most of the governments "revenue" get the axe. If we don't and the 47 becomes 51, then how far behind is Mao and Khmer?

Comment

As of the last check, the WORLDWIDE death total was just north of 21,000. This Wuhan Corona has been going on now since at least Mid December in CHINA, so 4 months worldwide. That is 5000+ people per month, out of 7,500,000,000. What is the percentage?
          You recognize that the reason the first stat you cite is as low as it is, is because all of these places did actuallly lock down? Cause/effect. Can't cite the effect without crediting the cause (and actually arguing that the cause should be reversed because of the effect).
          The Souza record:
          15-16 10th place
          16-17 10th place
          17-18 11th place
          18-19 8th place
          19-20 9th place
          20-21 10th place
          21-22 9th place
          22-23 10th place

Comment

As of the last check, the WORLDWIDE death total was just north of 21,000. This Wuhan Corona has been going on now since at least Mid December in CHINA, so 4 months worldwide. That is 5000+ people per month ...
            someone doesn't understand exponential growth...
            pretty soon we'll be at 5000 deaths a day worldwide and growing

Comment

Testing and mass isolation is how countries in the East handled it keeping their numbers low. We handled it initially with denials and deflections..thinking it would "miraculously disappear". Regardless of all of that the President continues his Twitter rant against the media.

How about a shout out to the healtchcare workers like my niece who's out there risking her own life? No plan that's viable right now...and more lives will be lost but maybe not in the "middle West" wherever the frig that is. 🙄
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                I'm thinking that a large percentage the population thinks it is a synonym for HUGE not an actual mathematical computation.
                Last edited by Darius; 03-26-2020, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                  69,197 infected, 1,046 dead = 1.51%. Johns Hopkins data as of: 3/26/20 7:29:49 AM.

US population = 330,000,000, projected infections 70,000,000 - 150,000,000 = 1,057,000 - 2,265,000 deaths.

New York (CITY) with 280 is #8 in the deaths by COUNTRY list.

CDC estimates that, from October 1, 2019, through March 14, 2020, there have been 23,000 – 59,000 US flu deaths.
                  The denominator is not reliable because of slow testing. It's much larger than 69,197. The death rate therefore is much lower.
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                    The denominator is not reliable because of slow testing. It's much larger than 69,197. The death rate therefore is much lower.
                    It is the data we have. Remind me why testing is slow?

Comment

The ironic thing is this is going to knock out a large segment of the President's base: low information older, rural voters

The Souza record:
                      15-16 10th place
                      16-17 10th place
                      17-18 11th place
                      18-19 8th place
                      19-20 9th place
                      20-21 10th place
                      21-22 9th place
                      22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                        The ironic thing is this is going to knock out a large segment of the President's base: low information older, rural voters

How has the administration failed to recognize this and eliminated air travel?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                          It is the data we have. Remind me why testing is slow?
                          Remind me why politicizing this crisis is helpful?
                          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                            Someone fell asleep in math and/or stats class. When citing exponential growth, extrapolations and projections, why do we overlook the obvious? Darius gave the following figures based upon a 1.5% rate;

Then please check my math and apply the same statistics because the following DID occur??

China population = 1,500,000,000, projected infections 318,000,000 - 682,000,000 = 4,770,000 - 10,230,000 deaths.

I know the Chinese government has been under reporting the problem, but where are the multiple millions of bodies buried around Wuhan that no one has been able to locate?

Comment

Historical references like Eisenhower, Roosevelt and Churchill is a joke. They were talking to a citizenry who was willing and did make extreme sacrifices for their countries. Trumpettes would never be willing to make those same sacrifices. It’s all about the $$’s and their perceived rights.

Any moronic comparison to deaths from other causes is also a joke. You have no credibility when you list non victim deaths and compare to virus deaths. Even more of a joke is comparing to WW2. Really? As I said before, this mindset in WW2 would have resulted in us speaking German now. There would have been no Normandy as the orange apeman and his lemmings would not be willing to sacrifice.
                              $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                              Just win.....

Comment

Someone fell asleep in math and/or stats class. When citing exponential growth, extrapolations and projections, why do we overlook the obvious? Darius gave the following figures based upon a 1.5% rate;

Then please check my math and apply the same statistics because the following DID occur??

China population = 1,500,000,000, projected infections 318,000,000 - 682,000,000 = 4,770,000 - 10,230,000 deaths.

I know the Chinese government has been under reporting the problem, but where are the multiple millions of bodies buried around Wuhan that no one has been able to locate?
                                Chinese citizens asking that question will find out quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X