X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COVID-19 - Part 2

Originally posted by net presence View Post
    Chuck, I'm disappointed. Three posts today and not one sentence devoted to my message to you from last night? Cat got your tongue? Or, is the lack of a response your way of simply acknowledging that you really can't respond to my points without looking foolish?
    Are you challenging Chuckie as chief blowhard on this board ? Just so you know, he's held that title for quite some time.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Let's be blunt, here. Anyone who seriously suggested that "the cure may be worse than the disease" at any point during this crisis in regards to social distancing and closure of businesses should really just remove themselves from the conversation, as they clearly lack the knowledge and expertise to be commenting on this situation.

It's a **** shame that professional sports commissioners and the NCAA had to be the ones to lead on this in the early days, but their actions (along with Rudy Gobert accelerating the process by testing positive) almost certainly saved a few days in terms of getting this into the collective consciousness and likely saved thousands of people's lives, and at least prodded many governors to start acting, even if the federal government continued to drag it's feet in actually acting like it was an emergency even afterwards.

Comment

Funny, Jared, Dr. Oz, Rudy Giuliani, Peter Navarro, and who knows all who else are unelected, far from experts, and yet, they seem to be the ones in charge of the dismal federal "response" to this pandemic, but oh well.

And I didn't play any 'race card'. I know for a fact Chick's an old white guy, and that is indeed the primary component of Dimwit Donnie's 'base'. Just curious if he fits any of the other demographics as well.

You know, just asking the question.

I notice, you did everything but answer.....
        Last edited by rufus; 04-06-2020, 04:18 PM.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
          Was not Obama president 8 years prior to Trump ? So he had 8 years to fix the "problem" but did not ? I love playing the blame game. Its so counterproductive.
          acs64, seriously, is understanding nuance really that difficult? The point I'm making is that despite the possibility Obama may have "dropped the ball" in regards to the national stockpile, the vast majority of people would expect that the administration currently in charge, especially considering they've been in control for 3.5 years, as well as the fact they did a freaking pandemic exercise at the very beginning of the administration, had plenty of time to fix the problem so that the supplies would be where they needed to be. Remember, the first two years of the administration they controlled both houses of Congress as well. Of course, when you're giving the top 1% and corporations a massive tax cut that they didn't need which increased the debt unnecessarily, probably removed enough purchasing power which prevented them from spending money on stuff that, if needed, would benefit the average person far more than the 1%. So yes, to anyone with any common sense or logic, Trump's administration quite obviously deserves FAR more responsibility. And by the way, I'll wait to establish a final opinion on this topic until I have the time to research more about whether Obama tried to fix it but was prevented from doing so by the fact the right controlled Congress for much of Obama's term.

Comment

• Acs, aren’t you like 100 years old? You should be more concerned.
            Sad to see you’re a MAGA cult member.

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
              Was not Obama president 8 years prior to Trump ? So he had 8 years to fix the "problem" but did not ? I love playing the blame game. Its so counterproductive.
              If you would bother to actually learn what happened, yes, supplies were depleted somewhat because of the H1N1 epidemic in 2012. Obama's next several budgets included money to replace those, but due to the presence of the Freedom Caucus Repubs in the House, and Republican control of the Senate, along with the sequestration process implemented, not only was that spending increase cut, but current budget levels were reduced.

And if it was such a problem, Dimwit Donnie's had three years to identify and correct such issues. Oh wait, all of his budgets have recommended cutting that spending even further. My bad.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by net presence View Post
                Dutchman, ok, Obama may have dropped the ball on letting the equipment supply deteriorate/not maintain supplies. Funny though, Trump has been president for 3.5 years now and, has had numerous warnings about the possibility of a pandemic, including an actual exercise on a pandemic at the very beginning of his administration. Three and a half years is a pretty long time in any administration. How much responsibility does the Trump administration have in what the status of that stockpile was in at the start of this? Considering Trump's administration was aware of the situation 3.5 years ago, shouldn't they bear the majority of the blame? I think anyone applying common sense and logic would normally come to that conclusion. Still, I await your to hear your well reasoned response.
                No one asked me but... Donald Tramp seemed to misunderstand the nature of the enemy represented by the Virus. He couldn't buy it off. He couldn't fire it. He couldn't bad mouth it into a humble, tail between its legs as it slinks away. He tried ignoring it. It refused to bow to his will. He viewed it as a potential failure, but he couldn't acknowledge it until he had a scapegoat to pin the blame on. He's an absolute genius at finding "blamees", especially among his legion of political enemies He cannot take the blame for anything. That might cost him votes from the Lemmings he is counting on the re-elect him and simultaneously stave off the indictments he will surely face if he loses. his Motto: "ALL FOR DONALD, AND DONALD FOR DONALD"
                Now, let's use our imaginations: What laws will constrain him if he wins and has four years to wreak havoc? Frightening! What would he look like with a prison haircut and without his makeup? Scary.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                  No one asked me but... Donald Tramp seemed to misunderstand the nature of the enemy represented by the Virus. He couldn't buy it off. He couldn't fire it. He couldn't bad mouth it into a humble, tail between its legs as it slinks away. He tried ignoring it. It refused to bow to his will. He viewed it as a potential failure, but he couldn't acknowledge it until he had a scapegoat to pin the blame on. He's an absolute genius at finding "blamees", especially among his legion of political enemies He cannot take the blame for anything. That might cost him votes from the Lemmings he is counting on the re-elect him and simultaneously stave off the indictments he will surely face if he loses. his Motto: "ALL FOR DONALD, AND DONALD FOR DONALD"
                  Now, let's use our imaginations: What laws will constrain him if he wins and has four years to wreak havoc? Frightening! What would he look like with a prison haircut and without his makeup? Scary.
                  Well said HHound.

I'm sure I'll get roasted by some on these boards for being a Canadian with an opinion on this farce that is the Trump administration, but here I go. Long before this coronavirus situation began, I considered Trump and his band of Republican enablers a joke - there's too much evidence available to rehash here, but it's out there in audio and video for all to hear and see. Before COVID19, I felt bad for my American family members (who are not part of his flock of sheep), as they've had to live through this administration for the past 3+ years. Now, I'm worried for them and all Americans as the bungling and denial the administration is demonstrating in "dealing" with this situation has resulted in lives lost. He's not responsible for the virus, but is responsible for the slow responses to the needs of cities and states as they try to deal with the overwhelming task of trying to get the American people through this awful time.

I watch a lot of the daily press conferences and often just shake my head at what I hear coming from the mouth of the President of the United States. It's obvious his only concern is the economy and it's direct relation to his possible re-election. I don't think he's capable of comprehending what is really going on in his own country and around the world.

Watching him now "answering" questions from reporters...what a jerk!
                  Last edited by Hoover; 04-06-2020, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoover View Post
                    on this farce that is the Trump administration.
                    Betcha just sittin there on the Chesterfield counting the scraps of the Loonies and Toonies the Bytowners let you Hosers put in your pocket. All the while looking at the sweet pic of Justin in the blackface. Yeah, has to make you mighty proud.

Comment

Originally posted by Whalers View Post
                      Betcha just sittin there on the Chesterfield counting the scraps of the Loonies and Toonies the Bytowners let you Hosers put in your pocket. All the while looking at the sweet pic of Justin in the blackface. Yeah, has to make you mighty proud.
                      Thanks for confirming my thoughts about so many Trump supporters...if you don't like what you see/hear just lash out like a child. So predictable...

FYI, I'm not a supporter of Justin Trudeau, and I think he's a joke also (...but not even close to the level of Trump).

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                        Doesn't fit their narrative acs!
                        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          This thread sure has been a fascinating study in Trumpism.

Amazing. You should label acs, ecat and chuck here to make it easier for the slow ones

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                            Doesn't fit their narrative acs!
                            Also doesn’t fit reality

Comment

Originally posted by Hoover View Post
                              ...what a jerk!
                              For sure, the way he attacks the press. Jamoke came to mind during one of his lighter moments.
                              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                                For sure, the way he attacks the press. Jamoke came to mind during one of his lighter moments.
                                ........ and laughing at us all the way to the (Deutsche) bank ......
                                Last edited by Snively65; 04-07-2020, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X