X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COVID-19 - Part 2

Originally posted by Darius View Post
    Dr. Birx explained a few days ago that the concept is to move equipment, supplies from state to state as needed. NY NEEDS it NOW.

A few days ago actually. Please share now.
    Neither of us is on the ground in NYC now, but my understanding is that no patient - and I'll add the qualifier "yet" - is lacking a ventilator, there are no DNR orders in place, no one is running life v. death triage, etc. Clearly they are in the toughest situation NOW - although Louisiana is arguably on par, but less media-accessible - and the Fed have already brought up their ship, plus the Army Corps of Engineers has constructed two "hospitals" out of scratch. Supposedly the ship (so far) only has a few patients, and many open beds (and vents?). Models on projected NYC needs for beds/ICU units for this date are running well higher than actual beds/units currently in use. That could all change, admittedly. But it wouldn't be the first time scary modeling didn't materialize.

Not meant to minimize the real life situation down there, though.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Can someone objectively explain to me why that Naval officer was relieved of his command aboard the aircraft carrier Roosevelt? I've read the letter. He had 100 men test positive for C-19 for God's sake. And Rush gets the medal of freedom? And that sadist Gallagher gets a pardon? Irony is dead...among a few other things.

Last edited by HockeyRef; 04-02-2020, 11:59 PM.
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        Neither of us is on the ground in NYC now, but my understanding is that no patient - and I'll add the qualifier "yet" - is lacking a ventilator, there are no DNR orders in place, no one is running life v. death triage, etc. Clearly they are in the toughest situation NOW - although Louisiana is arguably on par, but less media-accessible - and the Fed have already brought up their ship, plus the Army Corps of Engineers has constructed two "hospitals" out of scratch. Supposedly the ship (so far) only has a few patients, and many open beds (and vents?). Models on projected NYC needs for beds/ICU units for this date are running well higher than actual beds/units currently in use. That could all change, admittedly. But it wouldn't be the first time scary modeling didn't materialize.

If what Cuomo predicts pans out, the apex hasn't been reached...yet. Remains to be seen just how that will pan out. This is far from over. We can sit up here in the safety of our state and look at them 300 mere miles away when they might as well be down the street. Nurses and docs have died there. Principal of a school. Bodies in refrigerated trucks....I'd say, it's bad enough. Meanwhile...

11pm pdt USA
        Cases: 245,373
        Deaths: 6,095
        Mortality: 2.48%
        Last edited by HockeyRef; 04-03-2020, 12:50 AM.
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Are you thinking the same thing I'm thinking acs? Could it be? China taking advantage of the situation is all too convenient!
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Its a National Emergency said the orangeman. Its actually a war he says. Times like these is when the country follows their leader and rallies around him.........

But wait, not MY problem he now says. Its the states problem. So, New Hampshire, next time those (people who don't look like us) need a spanking, send that famous N.H. State Army overseas to solve it. How come Hawaii couldn't stop the Japanese at Pearl Harbor, or actually their island hopping invasions that followed? You want to become a state so act like it. Its the states problem, correct? NY, shame on you. You should have been better prepared for 9/11. Maine, you are geographically the closest to Europe and the Nazi invasions in WW2. No need for the Feds to get involved in any of the above as the states are responsible.

With the arrival of the Trump Viruses(now takes on a double meaning), this is where we are at now at as a country. Replace any motto like "In God We Trust" to just "Selfish" or even better "How's my Ratings". That sums it up.

Just a disgusting piece of crap lathered in fake tan juice whose man girdle is too tight...............
            $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
            Just win.....

Comment

https://t.co/4AOgVG3ekh?amp=1

I find this interesting.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Can someone objectively explain to me why that Naval officer was relieved of his command aboard the aircraft carrier Roosevelt? I've read the letter. He had 100 men test positive for C-19 for God's sake. And Rush gets the medal of freedom? And that sadist Gallagher gets a pardon? Irony is dead...among a few other things.

You just don't do this in the military. Chain of command is(was) important. I actually do not feel sorry for him losing command. Mission readiness really applies still in some places in our government, just not at the Trump White house. You don't advertise your readiness as in "my ship is full of sick people and not ready". Big no no with repercussions. But, he did what he thought was right, and I'm sure he felt he was protecting his men. I would have done the same with the understanding I will get bent over the barrel on it. Its a "conscious" thing and personal decision you'd have to live with. In other words, right decision with sadly the right outcome.
                $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I find this interesting.
                  Good data.

There’s always some room for noise in the data: I’d have a hard time believing that testing (and as a result: known infections) is able to keep pace with the actual number of infections.

Between the limited capacity of our medical system and the mildness of the symptoms for many (it’s evidently easy to carry/spread without being confident that you have enough symptoms), I’m assuming that there’s a large number of unknown cases. It’s a major reason why I expect our reaction (as insanely drastic as it has been) has been necessary.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Coronavirus: The young doctors being asked to play god:
                    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52137160

She described a patient being brought in from an old people's home. He was already on a ventilator - and was "chronically vent dependent". His prospects were never great. But all she could see before her was the ventilator - and not the patient.

"When he came in we were so desperate for vents," she told me, "all I wanted to do was get the ventilator off him. I wanted to get that vent off him to allow it to go to someone else."
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                      Are you thinking the same thing I'm thinking acs? Could it be? China taking advantage of the situation is all too convenient!
                      Don't take your eyes off Russia else we'll be deploying submarine nets at the Portsmouth harbor entrance by summer.

Comment

Plenty of equipment HE says. Here's a fact: Daughter, RN, largest hospital in Maine, is given a surgical mask and a paper bag to store it in. Day long use, then reuse the next day, and so forth. Trump virus be ****ed, keep using the same mask with minimal protection. Was told "expect to get sick". For now, they are going to make their own.........
                        Don't believe the B.S. HE is spreading to his lemmings as they cash their tainted "vote for me" check.
                        Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                          Don't take your eyes off Russia else we'll be deploying submarine nets at the Portsmouth harbor entrance by summer.
                          As it should be. Its the states responsibility to deal with that Russian threat, not the White(orange) House. That New Hampshire Navy will protect us.
                          Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I find this interesting.
                            Good one. Thanks.

I've been trying to find the 50 state graph Dr. Birx showed a few days ago. It is meaningful, but gives a false sense of security as indicated by the President's remarks yesterday. The problem is that the X axis is static, but the virus begin date by state is not so the graph presents all states except NY, NJ as flat. If the start date, based on first positive test or first reported death, for each state was dynamic then we'd see that while things look good in many states, those states are on a different timeline than NY, NJ.

Note to the President: referring to the non NY, NJ states as the "flat lining" states is probably not a good idea. Not, yet anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                              Its a National Emergency said the orangeman. Its actually a war he says. Times like these is when the country follows their leader and rallies around him.........

But wait, not MY problem he now says. Its the states problem. So, New Hampshire, next time those (people who don't look like us) need a spanking, send that famous N.H. State Army overseas to solve it. How come Hawaii couldn't stop the Japanese at Pearl Harbor, or actually their island hopping invasions that followed? You want to become a state so act like it. Its the states problem, correct? NY, shame on you. You should have been better prepared for 9/11. Maine, you are geographically the closest to Europe and the Nazi invasions in WW2. No need for the Feds to get involved in any of the above as the states are responsible.

With the arrival of the Trump Viruses(now takes on a double meaning), this is where we are at now at as a country. Replace any motto like "In God We Trust" to just "Selfish" or even better "How's my Ratings". That sums it up.

Just a disgusting piece of crap lathered in fake tan juice whose man girdle is too tight...............
                              Paraphrasing Governor Inslee last night, "When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, did the Federal government tell the states to find their own armaments, let the states know that the Federal government had some, but wanted to keep them and that if the states found themselves bidding against each other to give the Feds a call?"

The President declared himself a war time President. Act like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I find this interesting.
                                Great site.....thanks for sharing
                                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X