This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COVID-19 - Part 2

Another thing to keep in mind, while we're talking about H1N1, is that the final death count is an approximation by the CDC - and it's much higher than the day to day tracking by states during the outbreak (which is how we currently are tracking the COVID deaths) showed.

In November of 2009, six months after the outbreak began, the official death count of H1N1 was approximately 4,000 people. The final accepted number would end up more than three times that.

Comment

Someone, I assume a Trumper who doesn't like hearing inconvenient information, I'm assuming he of the unfortunate, pathetic username of Whaler, just repped me and asked "why don't I give up on the name-calling?"

To which I reply, "why don't you blow me?"
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Someone, I assume a Trumper who doesn't like hearing inconvenient information, I'm assuming he of the unfortunate, pathetic username of Whaler, just repped me and asked "why don't I give up on the name-calling?"

To which I reply, "why don't you blow me?"
        You have to do better than this.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          Don't any of you folks have jobs?
          Bought Clinton, sold Bush, bought Obama, sold Trump this Jan when it was clear he was gonna screw the Covid pooch. So yeah, I put my money where my mouth is. Retired on 3/31/20.

Chuck, if you pay attention and have a functioning cortex (and don’t watch Fox News) you can make a killing. The market doesn’t care if the President thinks 15 cases will go to zero. The market knows better.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
            The interesting thing to me and yes I know the rate of increase varies day to day, but the mortality rate continues to increase. Two weeks ago I figured it would have been decreasing rapidly because of increased testing. The Drs. keep saying we are in for a rough two weeks.
            How does increased testing = lower mortality rate? If you are at risk and get it, a test doesn't help you get better at all. I don't think this is a sickness that early detection = less mortality like some cancers for instance, unless getting the malaria drug early reduces mortality rates?
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              It's not just a primary. It's an actual election for state judges and many other things.
              The point brought up the primary and Republican's killing their own voters, so I directed my response to that. I know there are other things on the ballot, I just got back from voting. It was handled very well where I voted in the boonies, I could not be happier about how they set it up. That being said, they should have made it 100% absentee and moved the date back or just delayed it until July sometime and did the real thing. There's no way if I lived in Milwaukee I would have went out to vote under these conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                Don't any of you folks have jobs?!?

Saw this one a few moments ago on-line, satire but SO close to the truth … fits so many on here …

https://babylonbee.com/news/liberal-...rump-is-stupid
                I guess they are not essential. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                  You have to do better than this.
                  No, I'm good.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    I guess they are not essential. LOL
                    Like insurance salesmen?

Comment

How does increased testing = lower mortality rate? If you are at risk and get it, a test doesn't help you get better at all. I don't think this is a sickness that early detection = less mortality like some cancers for instance, unless getting the malaria drug early reduces mortality rates?
                      It lowers the mortality rate, cause once someone is found to have it, they are quarantined so they aren't spreading it to two or more people, who might also die from it.

Jesus, are things like this really that difficult for you efftards to understand? I guess they must be. Or else you're just playing dumb to own the libs.

Here's one for you. Why don't you get corona to own the libs?

At this point though, I'm not sure how effective increased testing might be. we missed the window for that about two months or so ago. Thanks Obama.
                      Last edited by rufus; 04-07-2020, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Like insurance salesmen?
                        Part of my son's job is life insurance plus retirement things and he's working. Now is the time to write some life insurance policies. I bet there's lots of people who regret not thinking forward enough to get one. I guess the question is can they afford it? Term policies are very affordable.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus
                          It lowers the mortality rate, cause once someone is found to have it, they are quarantined so they aren't spreading it to two or more people, who might also die from it.

Jesus, are things like this really that difficult for you efftards to understand? I guess they must be. Or else you're just playing dumb to own the libs.

Dude, calm down.

Death rate does not equal death total. The only way what you describe would cause death rate to go up is if the people who contracted it were on average more likely to die than the person that gave it to them. As far as we know that's not the case. As I mentioned earlier, the death rate rises as the pandemic goes on because deaths is a lagging indicator (in that it generally comes ~1-2 weeks after showing symptoms).

Comment

At this point though, I'm not sure how effective increased testing might be. we missed the window for that about two months or so ago. Thanks Obama.
                            Social distancing is supposed to be the key to stop the spread. If we all social distance, there isn't a need for testing then, because it won't spread.

Comment

What increased testing?
                              The testing they talk about daily in the White House Coronavirus Task Force daily briefing.
                              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

We were testing the sickest, so they'd have a higher mortality rate. Broader testing, ideally down to asymptomatic people, would result in a lower % of positives.
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X