X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COVID-19 - Part 2

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    Are you challenging Chuckie as chief blowhard on this board ? Just so you know, he's held that title for quite some time.
    acs64, even if I wanted to challenge "Charles" as chief blowhard, it isn't going to be much of a challenge since Chuck is apparently choosing not to respond to what I posted to him last night. Despite the fact he's already posted three times today, one of them being fairly lengthy. As I said in my initial post, I'm extremely used to dealing with confrontation in my "real job". I generally don't get emotional when I'm debating, no matter how angry or personal the other person might get in their comments. To be clear, I genuinely don't feel that Chuck has been that way to this point. I enjoy the fact that Chuck isn't afraid to really get into the weeds in his writing as I obviously enjoy that as well. I'm a huge believer that the details matter. Hopefully, Chuck is simply taking his time to ensure his next post to me meets the very high standards he has set in these forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Interesting timeline being reported by Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21N0EJ

The CDC was first alerted by its counterpart in China on January 3. It had the power to act on its own to check passengers coming from China (no presidential authority needed) but did not do so until (meekly) January 17 and more robustly on January 28. Why did they not act sooner? What information were they waiting for from China? Why were they waiting? Was the CDC waiting for the World Health Organization? They could have acted on their own authority.

I was in Hong Kong heading back to Boston on January 3 and it was already being communicated with alarm by the Hong Kong authorities. I believe they shut down the train that came directly from Wuhan to Hong Kong shortly thereafter. Did our CDC contact other sources?

This article supports my contention that the CDC really "Fuxkxd Up" big time on this one. While we are debating presidential politics, we should also be talking about accountability. There does not seem to be any for those in our federal government.

If this were China, the head of the CDC would be taken out and shot.
      +1
      Shrink-The-Rink, Win a Title

Comment

Chuck might be the president of #FAP. (Fifth Avenue Posse)

Anyway this is your leader. Or you have a short attention span here.

Comment

This is great. I enjoy the logic of the left. Trump could walk on water and the left would say “Ya bUT oRAngE mAN cANt SwIm 🤪”
          Another favorite. “BlOod IS On TrUmPs HaNdS 🤪”. Meanwhile Pelosi, Schumer, Biden, Aoc, and all the media - “TrAVeL BaN fRuM cHiNa RaCISt, xENoPhObIc, cOMe OuT tO ChNA tOwN iN LaRgE gRoUpS🤓”.

Comment

Originally posted by dontstayathome View Post
            This is great. I enjoy the logic of the left. Trump could walk on water and the left would say “Ya bUT oRAngE mAN cANt SwIm ��”
            Another favorite. “BlOod IS On TrUmPs HaNdS ��”. Meanwhile Pelosi, Schumer, Biden, Aoc, and all the media - “TrAVeL BaN fRuM cHiNa RaCISt, xENoPhObIc, cOMe OuT tO ChNA tOwN iN LaRgE gRoUpS��”.
            Come on chuck, do better with your trolling account. At least Jacques was funny.
            Last edited by NCAA watcher; 04-07-2020, 07:47 AM.
            The Souza record:
            15-16 10th place
            16-17 10th place
            17-18 11th place
            18-19 8th place
            19-20 9th place
            20-21 10th place
            21-22 9th place
            22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
              Come on chuck, do better with your trolling account. At least Jacques was funny.
              Not me, 'watcher - and I hate to dispel an old USCHO myth, but Jacques was not me either.

I have a decent guess at who Jacques was/is (?) as that was a creative and funny character. I've probably mentioned to others that I'm pretty sure "Jacques" has made subsequent appearances under other identities. But I don't make a habit of airing my suspicions of personal identities on here, when posters may want to protect that. For example, I have a pretty decent guess at your identity, but I would never, ever post it here. I'm kind of breaking my own rule in even mentioning a suspicion here ... but you can chalk that up to you casting the first stone.

++++++++++

Otherwise, the new guy seems to be out there, spoiling for some showdown (or whatever his comrades have put him up to), kind of pathetic to see his posts whining about how I'm "ignoring" him - forgetting how I left it with him at the end of my one and only response to him. Rolling out the usual crap bait - "he's avoiding me", "he must have nothing", blah blah blah, etc. As if he's got something compelling to say, and I owe a response. You have to wonder how far he's progressed on the latest 12 step program.

Truth is, the new guy brought weak sauce to the table in a tame effort to convince everyone (1) Mueller hit paydirt, (2) Russia is a bigger global threat than China (nice to know the new guy is with the WHO), and (3) Trump v. Fauci was not a "thing". OK, sure.

Quantity is not quality. And if you want to learn how best to "bait", realize 'Watcher just accomplished in one short line what you've been sadly jonesing for, all over this thread for the better of the last two plus days. He got my attention. And you didn't.

++++++++++

Lots of encouraging developments over the last 24 hours. Maybe I'll check in later … or maybe not.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

If I'd wanted to bait you, I would have asked you to reconcile Navarro's memo with your prior theories about Trump being blindsided due to the unfair impeachment and the dastardly lyin' WHO/China.

But I'm feeling charitable today, so I won't force you into such severe cognative dissonance
                The Souza record:
                15-16 10th place
                16-17 10th place
                17-18 11th place
                18-19 8th place
                19-20 9th place
                20-21 10th place
                21-22 9th place
                22-23 10th place

Comment

WI is conducting in-person voting today as required by the Republican legislature and Republican Supreme Court each of whom overruled the Democratic Governor. This needlessly puts people at risk and is in direct violation of everything we've learned about controlling this virus. Can some of the posters who have been defending the indefensible please defend these actions of Wisconsin Republicans? I'll hang up and await an answer from Chuck, e.cat, et al that I know isn't coming.

BTW, my Republican-led state has instituted mail-in absentee voting and has been advertising the heck out of it statewide so it's not like there isn't a precedent for Wisconsin Republicans to follow. https://www.ohiosos.gov/elections/voters/

Comment

If I'd wanted to bait you, I would have asked you to reconcile Navarro's memo with your prior theories about Trump being blindsided due to the unfair impeachment and the dastardly lyin' WHO/China.

But I'm feeling charitable today, so I won't force you into such severe cognative dissonance
                    Chuck's secret: without cognition, there is no dissonance!
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                      WI is conducting in-person voting today as required by the Republican legislature and Republican Supreme Court each of whom overruled the Democratic Governor. This needlessly puts people at risk and is in direct violation of everything we've learned about controlling this virus. Can some of the posters who have been defending the indefensible please defend these actions of Wisconsin Republicans? I'll hang up and await an answer from Chuck, e.cat, et al that I know isn't coming.

BTW, my Republican-led state has instituted mail-in absentee voting and has been advertising the heck out of it statewide so it's not like there isn't a precedent for Wisconsin Republicans to follow. https://www.ohiosos.gov/elections/voters/
                      I can answer this for you: Republicans are all about winning at any cost, even killing their own voters. They don't care about the primary (obviously - they hope all the Democratic voters die anyway). In the competitive state races on the ballot and ballot measures, the virus will suppress turnout of educated voters who are capable of doing risk analysis while leaving the turnout of mouth-breathing racists untouched. The result, of course, will be a bunch of dead mouth-breathing racists, but the GOP is A-OK with that, so long as their slate of judges get pushed through and the nonpartisan commission for congressional districts is defeated. They're not even concerned about hurting the right people - they're using their own constituents as cannon fodder.
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

bobo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                          Conservative Pundits Weren’t the Only Ones to Get the Pandemic Wrong
                          By JONATHAN S. TOBIN
                          April 3, 2020 5:46 PM

On February 5, the Times published an op-ed by global-tourism reporter Rosie Spinks under the headline, “Who Says It’s Not Safe to Travel to China?” The article, an argument against Trump’s restrictions on flights from China, took the point of view that the real problem with the virus was that it was promoting hate against Chinese people and hurting the travel industry.

The same intellectual reflex motivated politicians such as New York City mayor Bill de Blasio and his health commissioner, Oxiris Barbot, to spend February and part of March dismissing the pandemic. They urged New Yorkers to disregard any fears about the virus and attend the Chinese New Year celebrations and parade in New York’s Chinatown. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi did the same thing while promoting the Chinese New Year festivities held in her native San Francisco’s Chinatown. In retrospect, such advocacy is hard to defend given the likelihood that the virus was already starting to spread. But at the time, the looming danger wasn’t yet clear, so the political needs of the moment took precedence.

Meanwhile, on January 31, the Washington Post published an op-ed by former Harvard professor David Ropeik that sought to dismiss fears about the impending pandemic as a figment of our collective imagination, mocking the notion of a “global health emergency.” A few days, later the Post ran another opinion piece by a pair of academics under the headline “Why we should be wary of an aggressive government response to coronavirus,” which claimed fears about the pandemic were merely an invitation to “harsh measures” that would “scapegoat marginalized populations.”

It's interesting all New Yorkers read the New York Times and on February 5th the New York Times was promoting travel to China .... in other words suicide. No wonder New York City is in such a mess. The New York Times and deBlasio and his health commissioner Oxiris Barbot have blood on their hands .....
                          Great post Dutchman. Anyone who wants to spin this mess as exclusively Trump's is delusional. Facts include Fauci proclaiming in interviews on Jan 25-26-27 that COVID was no big deal...like the flu (paraphrasing). Fact: NYC Pols were urging people to "come out to the parade", etc. NYC's COVID "response" was non-existent until Cuomo stepped in to pull the worthless mayor's head out of the sand.

Trump was ridiculed for implementing the China travel ban, then later was scorned for implementing it too late.

Now they're going after him for pushing the Malaria drug. In reality, literally hundreds of patients in NYC hospitals are at this very moment benefitting from being treated with it, many with very good results. How is this a bad thing ? Because the FDA didn't bless it ? Please. Ask a doctor sometime what they think of the FDA ...Ha. Not a beloved or well thought of institution I can assure you.

Point being is that ALL states bear a responsibility for emergency preparedness. Throwing up your hands and blaming the Feds, while popular in today's panicked environment, is not a substitute for investing in preparedness. While no one could've foreseen the severity of the wave of illness that struck our major cities, there is little doubt that more could have and should have been done at the state and local levels for a pandemic though eventually would strike. Everyone -- CDC, NIAID, the White House and every state and major city got caught with their pants down on this one (thanks in large part to the lies and deceit produced by the Communist Chinese, lest we forget.) To infer otherwise is just not dealing in fact.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            bobo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            Or blinkythewonderchimp
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                              I can answer this for you: Republicans are all about winning at any cost, even killing their own voters. They don't care about the primary (obviously - they hope all the Democratic voters die anyway). In the competitive state races on the ballot and ballot measures, the virus will suppress turnout of educated voters who are capable of doing risk analysis while leaving the turnout of mouth-breathing racists untouched. The result, of course, will be a bunch of dead mouth-breathing racists, but the GOP is A-OK with that, so long as their slate of judges get pushed through and the nonpartisan commission for congressional districts is defeated. They're not even concerned about hurting the right people - they're using their own constituents as cannon fodder.
                              So they want to kill their primary voters so they then can't vote in the much more important general election in November?
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

So, since Dimwit Donnie says Obama did such a ****ty job with H1N1, with ~12,000 deaths for the year, and all you acolytes just eat that **** right up, what kind of job has Dimwit Donnie done with the same number of deaths in just a month?
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X