X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COVID-19 - Part 2

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    I think that's mixing numbers. We don't know how many are infected, so the actual mortality rate factoring in untested people will be lower.

I assume that the second group of "projected infections" include untested low symptomatic folks. So, apples to apples, the actual number of deaths will be lower.
    These are the numbers JH currently has. Agreed that we don't know how many are infected. As with the flu, we never will. Agreed the mortality rate should fall. For the first time since I've been following it there has been a significant % increase. Projected infections is the number the CDC has used all along. My understanding is that the large range is because they could not anticipate how much social distancing occurs.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

What I find interesting is to take the lowest projected mortality number, assume the testing number correction and +/- error factor reduces it by 90%. Compare that to the max flu death number. It is about double.

Comment

No matter how you slice it the numbers are bad.

Beaches closed in the Kenebunks yesterday. Surreal what's going on. Of course I'd rather be here than NYC. God help those poor people. They're going through he11.
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
          Originally posted by Darius View Post
          News courtesy of the good folks who brought us Embeda.
          Honestly, Darius … what's your point this morning?

Is it "off limits" to have a few laughs at China's expense, and ridicule them for causing all of this?

And/or is it "bad" to cite to a potentially optimistic study outcome from France?

I'm almost at the point of asking, "Whose side are you on?" Almost …

Frankly, the funniest part of your posts is where on the Babylon Bee wiki page, it highlights how the humorless dolts that run Snopes and Facebook didn't understand how the Bee was a satire site, and were fact-checking it for "fake news".

More evidence the idiots in charge on the left are disappearing up their own *%$#@*&% …

Have a great stay-at-home, touch-free "Live Like a Millennial" weekend, everyone.
          Last edited by Chuck Murray; 03-28-2020, 12:34 PM.
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            Honestly, Darius … what's your point this morning?

Is it "off limits" to have a few laughs at China's expense, and ridicule them for causing all of this?

And/or is it "bad" to cite to a potentially optimistic study outcome from France?

I'm almost at the point of asking, "Whose side are you on?" Almost …

Frankly, the funniest part of your posts is where on the Babylon Bee wiki page, it highlights how the humorless dolts that run Snopes and Facebook didn't understand how the Bee was a satire site, and were fact-checking it for "fake news".

More evidence the idiots in charge on the left are disappearing up their own *%$#@*&% …

Have a great stay-at-home, touch-free "Live Like a Millennial" weekend, everyone.
            Let's take a survey. How many thought Chuck was serious? 1.

Ask the dead aquarium cleaner guy's wife.

The healthy living side. You?

Going cycling shortly. Having pretty much the same weekend I would have had without the unseen menace. Sans the best college hockey viewing weekend of the year, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
              Let's take a survey. How many thought Chuck was serious? 1.

Ask the dead aquarium cleaner guy's wife.

The healthy living side. You?

Going cycling shortly. Having pretty much the same weekend I would have had without the unseen menace. Sans the best college hockey viewing weekend of the year, of course.
              Good for you getting out there great idea! I know Regional weekend is my fav too...sigh.
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Heroes, that's what those on the front lines who are working 16 hr. shifts in hospitals around the world are. Heroes, you health care workers putting your own life on the line. No better word for you. Worldwide, some 51 doctors have died from this. Not to mention others I hear about every single day. I don't care how big the numbers are, if they don't matchup with car accidents, the flue, or whatever. This is bad. Otherwise healthy people struggling; many not making it. Still, you are heroes. Thank you. Take time to listen to some Bowie; he always got it right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsYp9q3QNaQ
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Heroes, that's what those on the front lines who are working 16 hr. shifts in hospitals around the world are. Heroes, you health care workers putting your own life on the line. No better word for you. Worldwide, some 51 doctors have died from this. Not to mention others I hear about every single day. I don't care how big the numbers are, if they don't matchup with car accidents, the flue, or whatever. This is bad. Otherwise healthy people struggling; many not making it. Still, you are heroes. Thank you. Take time to listen to some Bowie; he always got it right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsYp9q3QNaQ
                  Love this comment about Bowie, I'd say it about Steely Dan or the Allman Brothers but.....
                  "If earth is 4 billion years old and you have co-existed with David Bowie, listening to his songs , you can consider yourself a lottery jackpot winner."
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Should the Chinese Communist Party be held accountable for the suppression of data and forced secrecy of healthcare officials in the handling of CoV-19 resulting in the global escalation their "Biological Chernobyl"? What are the ramifications?

Senate Resolution 553

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                      105,470 infected, 1,710 dead = 1.62% Johns Hopkins data as of: 3/28/20 11:12:24 AM.
                      This is truly a poor equation, as those infected can still croak.

Whynt compare dead/cured? These are the only two “final” conclusions
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                        Should the Chinese Communist Party be held accountable for the suppression of data and forced secrecy of healthcare officials in the handling of CoV-19 resulting in the global escalation their "Biological Chernobyl"? What are the ramifications?

Senate Resolution 553
                        Even when we knew the truth we took no action for two months and "supressed the data" in the US. If we want to point blame, I suppose we also should point fingers at those who disabled our response capabilities and then, claimed no action was needed in the US. Was Hawley not able to work "blame the New Yorkers" in to the resolution, too? That seems like DeSantis and Trump's go to now.

I take your post that you support this full examination of blame, right?
                        Last edited by NCAA watcher; 03-29-2020, 07:40 AM.
                        The Souza record:
                        15-16 10th place
                        16-17 10th place
                        17-18 11th place
                        18-19 8th place
                        19-20 9th place
                        20-21 10th place
                        21-22 9th place
                        22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          This is truly a poor equation, as those infected can still croak.

Whynt compare dead/cured? These are the only two “final” conclusions
                          Per John Hopkins at 7:48AP CDT. US Cases:
                          124,686 confirmed cases
                          2,191 Dead; 2,612 recovered

Using Mookie's math, one has a 50/50 shot of dying from this in the US.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            124,686 confirmed cases

Little better than....
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post

Senate Resolution 553
                              Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                              Even when we knew the truth we took no action for two months and "supressed the data" in the US. If we want to point blame, I suppose we also should point fingers at those who disabled our response capabilities and then, claimed no action was needed in the US. Was Hawley not able to work "blame the New Yorkers" in to the resolution, too? That seems like DeSantis and Trump's go to now.

I take your post that you support this full examination of blame, right?
                              Yes, let's have a discussion. For the last 4 years now, since he was a candidate, President Trump has been warning everyone who would listen that China - NOT Russia - was our most prominent ideological enemy. TO THIS DAY, there are large swathes of the MSM (and even s few USCHO posters) who rise in almost Pavlovian unison to China's defense. Many of those same folks instead tried to float the blatantly false "Russia Russia Russia" narrative for three (3) years, and after microscopic inspection by literally a dozen-plus of the President's loudest detractors, the Mueller thing crashed and burned into the nothingness it always was. Then, when more modest and humbled opposition should have pivoted to do something like infrastructure for the common good of the country … instead the Dems and the MSM (again, I apologize for repeating myself) pivoted to the next garbage attempt at a soft coup with the Ukraine thing, which served not only to protect the Bidens' insanely corrupt involvement in that country, but tried to use the purported delay in providing aid to said same country - aid which BTW had been denied by Obama/Biden which provided blankets and food instead - to impeach the President. That didn't work either.

But it had EVERYONE's focus right though early February (2/5/20), in part because of the Speaker's delay tactics to extend the process and try to come up with more crap to support their faux and ever-changing "strategy" (spelled R-E-S-I-S-T), which had changed not one single iota from literally 20 minutes after President Trump was inaugurated, right up through the aftermath of Trump's acquittal. Nevertheless, despite the stupidity literally the entire Congress and most of the MSM was fixated on, Trump entered an order banning travel to/from China on January 31st - yes, while exactly no one else was calling for it - and was then accused of being a "racist" and as a "xenophobe" for his early action. The action did more than any single action to date to curb the virus' impact in the USA.

It's important to note that even in mid-February, there were no real signs of the pandemic emerging as a real force beyond the borders of Communist China. Here is a link to a helpful timeline which provides an informative look-see at how things played out in Italy. I think it's fair to say, it was only when the issues in Italy began to emerge full-scale - again, three (3) full weeks after Trump's then-criticized travel ban on China - that folks realized this could become a real problem well beyond China.

https://www.timetoast.com/timelines/covid-19-in-italy

Picking back up after the latest soft coup attempt impeachment farce ended … while lots of folks were stuck on their latest outbreak of name-calling against the President, the US primary election/caucus season was finally underway. The MSM pivoted to the Dem craziness in Iowa (flunking Math 101, remember? Seems so long ago) and then the series of primaries that followed, and finally over to Super Tuesday (which I believe was on 3/3/20?) and the admittedly fascinating machinations that saw a previously crowded Dem field surprisingly and quickly narrow to overtly try to push Biden back to relevancy at the expense of Bernie Sanders (it worked BTW). There was another slate of elections the following Tuesday (3/10/20).

March 10th was a big day in the COVID-19 tale. On that evening, the NBA first shut down for business when one of its players tested positive. I think it was also the evening when the MSM carried news that Tom Hanks and his wife were testing positive in Australia. Yet, on that very morning, communist NYC Mayor Bill DeBlasio was literally downplaying the impact of COVID-19 on national TV to his constituents and beyond. Here's the link …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxWQywIuhhA

Even our dear neighbors from Canada didn't BAN travel to/from China until very recently. I believe PM Trudeau's wife tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this month. An ADVISORY was in place, which as the following article demonstrates, was hardly stopping most airlines from conducting "business as usual" … even when the business involved China.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6546569/c...lights-canada/

Even the oft-lauded Governor Cuomo was knocked down a little bit off his self-righteous pedestal when he had to admit the other day that his state had full access to a stockpile of thousands of ventilators, despite previous messaging that his state was tapped out. Perhaps the biggest idiot of all is the Mayor of New Orleans, who apparently thought President Trump is psychic, and should have told her to cancel Mardi Gras (2/25/20) - see the Italy timeline above for context - two (2) full weeks before her fellow Mayor DeBlasio was STILL telling anyone who would listen that everything was hunky-dory.

++++++++++

Listen … hindsight is 20/20 and clearly, if everyone's leaders knew then what everyone knows now, response to what has been a unique situation could have been FAR different. By lots of people - both here in the US, and well beyond to numerous countries, cities, hospitals, etc. Personally, it is no secret by now that I downplayed the situation initially. Sometimes that happens, and you learn and you live (hopefully). Fault by degrees on how our President, our governors, and/or our mayors is up for debate. Contrary to the prevailing theme in too many corners of the MSM - who until very recently were creating stupid (and harmful) "Fauci Hates Trump" or "Trump Is Jealous Of Fauci" narratives … the American people seem to grasp the unique nature of the situation, and support the President at levels they've not previously supported him.

Things may change, new facts may emerge, which change apportionment issues we debate on here.

But the one constant in ALL of this - everything - is that the virus started in China. And given the opportunity to act like a true member of the community of nations they regularly steal from, and then sell stuff to using stolen intellectual property, they did nothing, other than try to cover it all up, suppress key information/data, and virtually executed those who stood in resistance.

There is a long way to go to get us through this crisis first … but none of us should ever forget where this started, and who is to blame for what we're left with. CHINA. That's a cold, hard FACT.
                              Last edited by Chuck Murray; 03-29-2020, 10:29 AM.
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                124,686 confirmed cases

If this was the stock market I would be buying shares of confirmed cases and loading up on recovered. The number of dead will increase (no doubt) but the other categories will fuel a bull market in statistics faster.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X