• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Good jump Trumpie.

Did he grab her by the pu$$y?

Next.
    I wasn't there so I don't know. I suppose anything is possible. She could be a Republican plant for all I know. She could be a Dem plant because they're all hot over Cuomo now!
    I like Chuck find these accusations questionable at times. Innocent until proven guilty is probably the best course.
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Re: COVID-19 - Part 2

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      'Watcher, now don't you go being obtuse on me …

I'm pretty sure I laid out the alternate possibility of "honest mistake" in addition to "bad faith modeling". That's a big difference, and doesn't accuse one of the latter when it could easily be the former. I'd like to think most modeling disconnects are from the former scenario, but it's hard to rule out the latter motive when huge gobs of money get attached to the outcomes. I doubt you are naïve to the point you don't believe bad faith modeling to achieve a desired agenda doesn't happen in the real world - and it can happen as easily with the (domestic) good guys and the bad guys.

But when even perfect modeling incorporates bogus suspect data - as in the case of the altruistic lovers of transparency over in China - well, those ARE the bad guys, and the data renders the modeling moot, no? I think that's kind of where I was driving at. Now … if you think I was extending the framework of that argument into other areas, you may be onto something.

++++++++++

On the Biden thing this morning … listen, I'm not an admirer of the guy, but we have statutes of limitations in place for a reason, and it's to prevent folks from hatching un-rebuttable stories that are decades old, especially where there was nothing to prevent them from making a (much) earlier disclosure. Show me some contemporaneous evidence and extending circumstances, if you want me to even believe your story to begin with … but beyond that, if you're a late accuser of anyone, you'd better have a very good explanation for why you sat on your story for so long. Ulterior motives are very real, as we've seen with Justice Kavanaugh's appointment not too long ago … and in total fairness, this latest Biden thing is WAY too late for me to give it any real credence.

Might it have really happened? It's possible, sure. But if it did, who's to say it wasn't consensual?

I'll leave it at that … and HR, I'll match your DJT with JFK, LBJ and WJC. What you got now?
      I think you've pretty much exhausted at least, the political big wigs. We could, however, branch into other popular figures, but, think I'll quite while I'm ahead!!

On a more somber note...over 100k cases 1500plus dead. Let's not lose sight of what's really important..
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-27-2020, 09:48 PM.
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

So A-Rod is now part of the impressive team?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

One coronavirus sufferer, a cardiologist from Rome who has since recovered, recalled his hellish experience at a hospital in the capital. "The treatment for the oxygen therapy is painful, looking for the radial artery is difficult. Desperate other patients were crying out, enough, enough".
          It's emotionally overwhelming to consider the possibility that in the weeks ahead the death toll could be in the millions in low-income countries and war zones such as Syria and Yemen, where hygiene conditions are suspect and healthcare systems are too fragile and inadequate to handle the onslaught of this viral scourge.

Refugees, families displaced from their homes, and those living in crisis will be hit the hardest by this outbreak," said the International Rescue Committee.
          Having worked to provide emergency relief and development among the poorest of the poor for many years in several countries, this my friends is heart wrenching. Please join me if you like in a moment of silence to pause and reflect upon those in the US and beyond who will most likely fade away in horrific pain in the days and weeks ahead.

Can you feel pain inside?
          Can you love?
          Can you cry?

Comment

Thanks for the reminder of what this is all about SteveO...Sad to think of the many who will perish in the wake of this pandemic...Am reading so many stories about people losing family members; people dying alone because of the infectious nature of this disease.

Heartbreaking!!!
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              So A-Rod is now part of the impressive team?
              Well now, he probably qualified for a life skills degree in pharmacology, so we have that going for us!
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

26 MARCH 2020 NEWS
                Pfizer reports safety data of azithromycin in Covid-19 trial
                https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/...ovid-19-trial/

Pfizer has announced positive data for the use of its azithromycin (Zithromax) drug, along with hydroxychloroquine, in a coronavirus (Covid-19) clinical trial performed in France. The trial was conducted to assess anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine in 20 patients, six of which were also administered with azithromycin. Compared with 16 controls, the proportion of participants who achieved virologic cure following six days of treatments was observed to be higher in the 20 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine. In addition, the rate of cure was highest in people who received hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin. Pfizer previously assessed azithromycin as an anti-infective alone and also in combination with other therapies, including chloroquine. A fixed-dose azithromycin and chloroquine combination was specifically evaluated to treat and prevent malaria in Africa. The combination was found to be well-tolerable and non-inferior to mefloquine.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Good news today from those freedom-loving folks from the People's Republic … !!!

https://babylonbee.com/news/china-an...ed-in-to-check
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    Good news today from those freedom-loving folks from the People's Republic … !!!

https://babylonbee.com/news/china-an...ed-in-to-check
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Babylon_Bee

Dude. Really?
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                      26 MARCH 2020 NEWS
                      Pfizer reports safety data of azithromycin in Covid-19 trial
                      https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/...ovid-19-trial/

Pfizer has announced positive data for the use of its azithromycin (Zithromax) drug, along with hydroxychloroquine, in a coronavirus (Covid-19) clinical trial performed in France. The trial was conducted to assess anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine in 20 patients, six of which were also administered with azithromycin. Compared with 16 controls, the proportion of participants who achieved virologic cure following six days of treatments was observed to be higher in the 20 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine. In addition, the rate of cure was highest in people who received hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin. Pfizer previously assessed azithromycin as an anti-infective alone and also in combination with other therapies, including chloroquine. A fixed-dose azithromycin and chloroquine combination was specifically evaluated to treat and prevent malaria in Africa. The combination was found to be well-tolerable and non-inferior to mefloquine.
                      News courtesy of the good folks who brought us Embeda.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                        Yeah...an awesome source. Think I'll use it in my remote learning..🙄🙄🙄 My God...800 died in ONE DAY in Spain...ONE DAY. Maybe I have that wrong...
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

105,470 infected, 1,710 dead = 1.62% Johns Hopkins data as of: 3/28/20 11:12:24 AM.

US population = 330,000,000, projected infections 70,000,000 - 150,000,000 = 1,134,000 - 2,430,000 deaths.

CDC estimates that, from October 1, 2019, through March 14, 2020, there have been 23,000 – 59,000 US flu deaths.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                            105,470 infected, 1,710 dead = 1.62% Johns Hopkins data as of: 3/28/20 11:12:24 AM.

US population = 330,000,000, projected infections 70,000,000 - 150,000,000 = 1,134,000 - 2,430,000 deaths.

CDC estimates that, from October 1, 2019, through March 14, 2020, there have been 23,000 – 59,000 US flu deaths.
                            Pretty grim numbers!
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post

I think that's mixing numbers. We don't know how many are infected, so the actual mortality rate factoring in untested people will be lower.

I assume that the second group of "projected infections" include untested low symptomatic folks. So, apples to apples, the actual number of deaths will be lower.
                              The Souza record:
                              15-16 10th place
                              16-17 10th place
                              17-18 11th place
                              18-19 8th place
                              19-20 9th place
                              20-21 10th place
                              21-22 9th place
                              22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                                I think that's mixing numbers. We don't know how many are infected, so the actual mortality rate factoring in untested people will be lower.

I assume that the second group of "projected infections" include untested low symptomatic folks. So, apples to apples, the actual number of deaths will be lower.
                                Thanks for saving me from having to rein in the loose methodology, 'Watcher.
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X