X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COVID-19 - Part 2

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    But in reality he won't say a word about it because once we get to a new page, his broken post won't be seen by anyone.
    So his *** will be saved by something the board does, yet he'll still blame the board for everything that allegedly goes wrong for him.

Conservatism at its simplest.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Wow Chuck - you brought to light the serious topic of naming a viral outbreak. You are killing it my man, just killing it!

Comment

Is it me or does it seen like the adults in the room are the only ones who know the enemy is China and not President Trump. #Trum****tillyourPresident
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          Is it me or does it seen like the adults in the room are the only ones who know the enemy is China and not President Trump. #Trum****tillyourPresident
          No, the enemy is the virus, and more often than not it seems Trump is aiding and abetting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
            No, the enemy is the virus, and more often than not it seems Trump is aiding and abetting it.
            Predictable!

Comment

Predictable!
              A stunning rebuttal.

Ironically if he had taken the correct route of skepticisim of China's early actions and claims, we could be more on South Korea or Germany's track, and less on, well, ours. But he waited until he needed a scapegoat for a situation that was "well under control" according to him in February.
              Last edited by jflory81; 04-15-2020, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                A stunning rebuttal.

Ironically if he had taken the correct route of skepticisim of China's early actions and claims, we could be more on South Korea or Germany's track, and less on, well, ours. But he waited until he needed a scapegoat for a situation that was "well under control" according to him in February.
                Yeah, I thought at the end of February we were gonna be almost at 0 cases. What happened? WHO and Jhina may or may not have done something in early January?
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

This adult in the room is perplexed that some of the other adults in the room are choosing to ignore most of what's been put out there. If you can't (or won't) hear or see what the President said or did(or, didn't do...) in the early days of this I just don't know what to say. It doesn't really matter anyway, it's too **** late for those who are already dead or battling this. This country is so far gone... I hope to God you are keeping yourself safe...getting this virus should scare the living you know what out of you, especially if you are over 60 and have any, I mean any, health conditions. Heck, you youngsters in the room are also at great risk. They say that 80% of those who go on ventilators NEVER come off of them. God, that is scary as helllll.

It's beyond me that United States of America, the greatest country on earth dropped the ball from the get go and many of its citizens are suffering grave losses because of it. And there will be more to come in the days, weeks, and months ahead. The heroes in all of this are the brave first responders, the hospital personnel, too many of them have contracted the virus and have died doing so. Too little, too late for them. I think of those workers at that Smithfield pork plant...getting the virus so we can have bacon. Awful.

Like I said, in the event NH decides to go back to school this year, I'm opting out. It's just too dangerous and I'm the only one who can save myself. Wishing everyone luck and hope that you and your families will be spared.
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    It's beyond me that United States of America, the greatest country on earth dropped the ball from the get go and many of its citizens are suffering grave losses because of it.
                    A bunch of deadbeats had a pity party and made the 2016 election a middle finger to a modern civilization they couldn't compete in. This is the result.

The bad news is we're all suffering for it.

The funny news is it's they who are suffering the worst, because when the safety net fails the deadbeats get it the worst.

Turns out there is a god, and her punchlines are killers.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

e.cat, please explain to the rest of us why, specifically relating to the virus, China is the "enemy" and not Trump? I can't WAIT to hear your explanation. And, as part of your explanation, I'll ask AGAIN (for at least the 5th or 6th time between you and Charles), despite whatever you feel are China's failings here (regardless of what those might be) how do any of them excuse the lack of action on the part of Trump and his administration in addressing the impending crisis when they were first informed about the how bad it might get in early January? Please, please, please, provide your answer to that question.

More specifically, if Trump's handling of this whole crisis isn't as bad as us "lefties" say it is, please also explain why, despite having their first confirmed case the same day as ours, South Korea (pop. 51,600,000) currently only has 10,600 confirmed cases and, even more amazingly, only 229 dead? Compared to our 640,000 confirmed cases and, 31,000 dead... Please e.cat, I'm genuinely interested in hearing your explanation/answers to these questions. Hey Chuck, you're welcome to weigh in on these questions as well. Of course, I've already asked you both of them at least 3 or 4 times already and you have yet to respond so, I'm certainly not holding my breath.

One last thing. Don't start with me about the fact that U.S. Intelligence is now actively reviewing the possibility the virus may have, in fact, come from the bio-warfare lab in Wuhan. First, considering how badly your president has badmouthed his own intelligence apparatus for the last three years -- hell, Chuck was ripping U.S. Intelligence services in one of his posts last week by contending they were filled with a bunch of Democrats who had contributed to Democratic candidates and been trying to make Trump look bad since he was elected -- it will be hilarious when Trump Tweets out tomorrow the fact that they (our intelligence services) are actively looking into it and (he'll find a way to tout how great our intelligence services are all of a sudden), that somehow -- if true -- makes him look better for some reason. Second, even if it did originate from that lab, it was an accidental release, not some intentional bio-weapons attack on their own people. Finally -- I know, I know, I'm sorta repeating myself here but... -- it doesn't matter how the virus was released, the fact China wasn't as forthcoming about what type of virus it might be, the fact China wasn't as forthcoming as they could've been in regards to how easily transmittable between humans it might be, or any other possible issue with the Chinese government. All that matters is; what did Trump know? When did he know it? And, how long before he legitimately acted on it? And no, attempting to shut off travel from China doesn't count, especially now that we know approximately 40,000 people from China entered the U.S. after that occurred.

Comment

The children are having a meltdown. The blame game is so immature! If the China plague doesn't get ya, TDS will! Now go to your room and don't come out until you're ready to act civilised!

Comment

As of now you're intent on enabling a man-child so you're not really in position to play that card.

Comment

Net presence — it wasn’t that it came from a bio warfare lab. A new theory is it was an infectious disease research lab attempting to identify Coronaviruses in wild animals that had the potential to infect humans. The US had also been doing this research, likely with better safety regulations standards. I believe the theory is a lab worker doing bat research became infected and then spread the virus outside the lab.

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                              The children are having a meltdown. The blame game is so immature! If the China plague doesn't get ya, TDS will! Now go to your room and don't come out until you're ready to act civilised!
                              Now just who is blaming this virus pandemic on the Chinese and the WHO?

But lets not play the blame game. So childish and immature.

I ask again, are all UNH alumni this ignorant? Or is it just the old farts like you and Chuckles?

I swear to God there must have been lead paint in that Snively ****box.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Like most of the MSM these days, most of the lefties here in the faculty lounge Café won't tolerate any bad-mouthing of those nice Chinese Communist comrades of theirs. Only makes you wonder why they don't just pack up their things and move to that third world totalitarian $#!thole Utopian heaven on earth, where they can rollick in their freedom of expression -- so long, of course, as they stick as closely to the party line as they do on this thread/Café.

I see some folks are upset that someone "broke the thread", and are pointing fingers at me?

As a quick reminder … this thread was "broken" in Posts 778 & 787 when it was hijacked from D-1.

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                Who's bright idea was this?
                                Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Welcome to the Cafe, D-1ers!
                                So we came over for a few days to smack you folks around, show you the errors of your ways, and left while your Thought Leaders were still cowering in silence, snug and comfy in their echo chambers "safe spaces", whilst your B and C teamers took it on the chin for the Chairman. But that's the way it works in China - the individual serves the needs of the State - so when you've run out of usefulness and utility to your Statist leader(s), don't come running to us ...
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X