• Re: COVID-19 - Part 2

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    TouchesAllTheMics.gif
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Thought of you twits when seeing this earlier …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1FfrnOXGHg
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        We won't be seeing any hockey next year. People keep thinking this is going to be over and done with by July or August.

It isn't.

We'll be lucky to have an election.
        You haven’t ever seen hockey if you’re watching the ECAC. Nobody needs an election when u have Trump.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the move over to the cafe Chuck. I figured the Bernie Bros blew up the thread after he dropped out of the rigged Dem primary battles. Instead the fluff covid 19 numbers and the downward revisions in the faulty models has got the lefties heads on fire!
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            I guess when your guys couldn't stand the heat any more ... you had to pull a slimy retreat like this.

Yukking it up in the teachers' lounge ... how adorable!! Back to the safe space of your echo chamber.

SO weak. Not surprising, mind you, given the high snowflake content here. But just sooooo weak.

Your unconditional surrenders are accepted. The French Army ain't got nothing on you wusses.

And good luck with that Biden 2020 thingie … *bwaahahahahahahahahahaha …

* - I'm not laughing with you … I'm laughing at you. Over and out.
            Still a ****tard.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by dontstayathome View Post
              You haven’t ever seen hockey if you’re watching the ECAC. Nobody needs an election when u have Trump.
              Or UNH.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                abortions fall precipitously during Dem administrations but hold steady during GOP ones.
                In all seriousness, this is fascinating information if correct. I will let others vouch for the veracity and the reasoning behind this.

The corollary would be gun sales stay steady during GOP administrations, but SKYROCKET after Dems get elected and throughout their terms. I guess, the latter one is for your protection and the former is from your lack of protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Whalers View Post
                  In all seriousness, this is fascinating information if correct. I will let others vouch for the veracity and the reasoning behind this.

The corollary would be gun sales stay steady during GOP administrations, but SKYROCKET after Dems get elected and throughout their terms. I guess, the latter one is for your protection and the former is from your lack of protection.
                  https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ab...-presidencies/

It is true however that since abortion rates began falling in around 1979, they fall faster during Democratic administrations. This makes sense since while Democrats propound sensible and knowledge-based sex ed, Republicans pander to their Angry Man in the Sky troglodytes with the "keep an aspirin between your legs hurr hurr" nonsense and sow a trillion unplanned underage white Christian pregnancies that wind up on the hypocritical conservatives' killing floor.

The gun sales are just the RWNM hyping fear and their hyperactive amygdala suckers slurping it up.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 04-09-2020, 10:17 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

As a high school health teacher the abortion rate has fallen for a few reasons (and, I have not read the Dem v Repub article yet)...According to the Youth Risk Behavior Survey (which is done every other year and yes, I know that anyone can say whatever they want etc on a survey) kids are being more abstinent, and those who are sexually active are using birth control methods considered to be "LARC" long acting reversible contraceptives:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db188.htm

Also, with 'plan b' on the shelves that's also cutting down abortion rates. I don't personally want to get into it here about any of this, but thought I'd share a perspective from the education POV. I have been teaching almost 40 years but I will say, when Trump was elected there was a mad dash to get these methods for fear that reproductive rights would be challenged (as they have in a few states...) When GWB was President any 'family planning' facility receiving federal funds could only offer 'abstinence' as a method...which...doesn't work for everyone obviously. I do not have data in front of me as to whether or not these clinics adhered to this tho… There's more I could say about this and I have already probably said too much....
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      There's more I could say about this and I have already probably said too much....
                      No, it's good to have an educator's perspective. Thank you.

Remember, at least until recently the f-cktard quotient is very low on Cafe. We have rational discussions here, almost uniquely for social media, which is why some were perturbed when the short bus pulled up.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 04-09-2020, 12:05 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

With 1 in 10 Americans (12-16 mil) currently unemployed, and getting worse, due to the Wuhan Virus, the economic, family and social damage will begin to rapidly take their toll. We are looking at serious and far-reaching damage to our society that could be difficult to repair. I would hope that WE are serious about our CHILDREN's and GRANDCHILDREN's futures here in AMERICA, so I think we need to open up the discussions on how we get this country back to work.

I have a simple and serious idea to get ALL of us back to work much faster. We all need to have some skin in the game, so the pain is equalized and EVERYONE feels it. Right now the private sector is taking the brunt of the 12-16 Mil job losses, unless I missed the large number of furloughs and layoffs occurring within the public sector. To balance the pain across private and public, I propose;

1) ALL Hospital Healthcare workers get a 10% "Combat" Pay Raise during the crisis
                        2) ALL PUBLIC workers (police, fire, governors, federal/state workers, Elected reps INCLUDED) AND RETIREES will take a 25% pay and benefits reduction until businesses in ALL states are allowed to open up AND the unemployment rate is back to the 4.7% under the previous administration.

How quickly do you think this measure might have the country talking about options and getting back in business??

Comment

With 1 in 10 Americans (12-16 mil) currently unemployed, and getting worse, due to the Wuhan Virus, the economic, family and social damage will begin to rapidly take their toll. We are looking at serious and far-reaching damage to our society that could be difficult to repair. I would hope that WE are serious about our CHILDREN's and GRANDCHILDREN's futures here in AMERICA, so I think we need to open up the discussions on how we get this country back to work.

I have a simple and serious idea to get ALL of us back to work much faster. We all need to have some skin in the game, so the pain is equalized and EVERYONE feels it. Right now the private sector is taking the brunt of the 12-16 Mil job losses, unless I missed the large number of furloughs and layoffs occurring within the public sector. To balance the pain across private and public, I propose;

1) ALL Hospital Healthcare workers get a 10% "Combat" Pay Raise during the crisis
                          2) ALL PUBLIC workers (police, fire, governors, federal/state workers, Elected reps INCLUDED) AND RETIREES will take a 25% pay and benefits reduction until businesses in ALL states are allowed to open up AND the unemployment rate is back to the 4.7% under the previous administration.

How quickly do you think this measure might have the country talking about options and getting back in business??
                          Hey, if you have a suicide pact with money, don't drag the rest of us with you.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

https://medium.com/@wpegden/a-call-t...g-5c156686a64b

Comment

Brilliant. Throw in academia while we're at it. Their howls of anguish alone would be worth it.

Incentivizing medical research for cures, suspending non-essential research sounds good too.
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                Brilliant. Throw in academia while we're at it. Their howls of anguish alone would be worth it.

Incentivizing medical research for cures, suspending non-essential research sounds good too.
                                I am all for you numbnuts campaigning on a cops and firefighters should get a pay cut platform! Start running ads pronto!
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X