X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COVID-19 - Part 2

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Good to see Mini Mike Bloomberg doing his part to try to douse any hope of treatment solutions. But here's the interesting part, when you actually read the article. First, consider the source (China). Second … an extreme example of burying the lede ...

The report published by the Journal of Zhejiang University in China showed that patients who got the medicine didn’t fight off the new coronavirus more often than those who did not get the medicine.

The study involved just 30 patients. Of the 15 patients given the malaria drug, 13 tested negative for the coronavirus after a week of treatment. Of the 15 patients who didn’t get hydroxychloroquine, 14 tested negative for the virus.

The results of the study weren’t statistically significant.

On top of that, we heard from President Dr. Fauci on use of Chloroquine for treatment of COVID-19. Read it, and if you don't like the article/writer, there's a link to his radio interview after:

https://townhall.com/columnists/larr...vid19-n2565678

"If you're a doctor listening to me right now and a patient with coronavirus feels like they want to try that," Stigall asked, "and you're their doctor, you're not Anthony Fauci the guy running the coronavirus task force, would you say 'alright, we'll give it a whirl'?"

"Yeah, of course, particularly if people have no other option," Fauci said. "These drugs are approved drugs for other reasons. They're anti-malaria drugs, and they're drugs against certain autoimmune diseases like lupus. Physicians throughout the country can prescribe that in an off-label way. Which means they can write it for something it was not approved for."

There are an increasing number of anecdotal reports and instances worldwide where usage of hydroxychloroquine is coming up with positive results. So the media runs with some poor dude out in Arizona who ingests aquarium cleaner, and floats what they admit is a statistically insignificant study from … China.

Backtracking a little bit, there was also the issue of the NYT changing its headline multiple times on Sunday night to shield the home team from the blowback their actions deserved at the time:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/new_yo...virus_headline

And some of you folks wonder why we question the media's fairness ...
    You're trying to prove your point by linking to The Blaze? I guess that means the other side can bolster their arguments by quoting Democratic Underground and Daily Kos.

Not a good look for you, Chuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
      And your point is???
      You brought it up ("the pacifists were not in power" - oops, they were), crash and burn, you lost.

I’ll repeat, trumpettes will not make the sacrifices that were required during WW2.
      So, once the dust settles … you're with me then, let's disengage from our dependency on China, right? Give up our willingness to pay for cheap crap from a totalitarian Communist regime, either move the jobs back to the US, Puerto Rico, or maybe other areas of the world more in line with our principles (Africa?) where we don't put our supply chain at risk in the hands of our enemies???

We know the NBA can't be liking this, doing lots of damage to their primary 1A market. Too bad.

Comparing this to WW2 is a stretch - right now - but I'm humble enough to admit I might be proven wrong ...
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post
        Not following, you seem to jump all over the place. You said that the pacifists werent in charge, but Chamberlain (assisted by JOE Kennedy) rolled over and allowed Hitler to do what he pleased (Joe had to protect that Whiskey monopoloy that financed John). He WAS the pacifist.
        But not in charge. Those in charge led us to helping Europe defeat the nazis. Would never happen now thanks to the orange man child and his lemmings. My original and only point as this also pertains to the virus and sacrifices.
        Save your energy trying to school me on the U.K. and WW2. I’m from there, my father and uncles all fought in the war as Brits and all my family still lives there.
        $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
        Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          I don't think you understand what that means. It means that there was no statistically significant difference in outcome for those that received the treatment and those that didn't. Every study that finds a drug doesn't work will have this language.

The design of this study was better than the French study that Trump loves to tout. The evidence against this drug is stronger than any evidence in favor of it. It was premature and reckless for Trump to tout it so much.
          It's a 30 person sample. 15 each way. The difference in outcomes was one (1). Small sample size, minimal variance in outcome, so statistically insignificant.

But of course, the first thing (which I noticed you left out) was that it was from China.

And you overlooked the part where Dr. Fauci said he'd use it on his own patients.

France has its faults, but given a choice in relying on one or the other, it's not a tough call.

Comment

Originally posted by slap shot View Post
            omg g/f tm2t bg lol nfc
            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

But not in charge. Those in charge led us to helping Europe defeat the nazis. Would never happen now thanks to the orange man child and his lemmings. My original and only point as this also pertains to the virus and sacrifices.
              Save your energy trying to school me on the U.K. and WW2. I’m from there, my father and uncles all fought in the war as Brits and all my family still lives there.
              How was Chamberlain not in charge? He was Prime Minister at the time of his deal (1938), remained in post through 1940, and was then succeeded in the same post by Churchill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                You brought it up ("the pacifists were not in power" - oops, they were), crash and burn, you lost.

So, once the dust settles … you're with me then, let's disengage from our dependency on China, right? Give up our willingness to pay for cheap crap from a totalitarian Communist regime, either move the jobs back to the US, Puerto Rico, or maybe other areas of the world more in line with our principles (Africa?) where we don't put our supply chain at risk in the hands of our enemies???

We know the NBA can't be liking this, doing lots of damage to their primary 1A market. Too bad.

Comparing this to WW2 is a stretch - right now - but I'm humble enough to admit I might be proven wrong ...
                You have a young child takeover your keyboard Chuck or are you just raising your standards to your dear leaders 4th grade education level.?
                “Crash and burn, you lost”. 😱
                Stamp your feet much?
                U.S. entered WW2, remember? Wasn’t because of pacifism.
                $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                Just win.....

Comment

“He must be a king."
                  "Why?
                  "He hasn't got **** all over him.”

Comment

How was Chamberlain not in charge? He was Prime Minister at the time of his deal (1938), remained in post through 1940, and was then succeeded in the same post by Churchill.
                    Oh that’s right, President Chamberlain, I forgot. Trump reminds me of him now that you mention it. Thank god for Churchill.
                    Just win.....

Comment

And you overlooked the part where Dr. Fauci said he'd use it on his own patients.
                      The context being that his default treatment is doing nothing rather than administer an untested treatment unless the result of doing nothing is imminent death.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                        “He must be a king."
                        "Why?
                        "He hasn't got **** all over him.”
                        "Help, help, I'm being repressed!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtYU87QNjPw

Comment

U.S. entered WW2, remember? Wasn’t because of pacifism.
                          It definitely wasn't because of Chamberlain or Churchill, or the Battle of Britain (1940) either.

Some people did something over Pearl Harbor on 12/7/41, or 19 months after Churchill became PM.

The US was largely pacifist before joining WW1 late, and we weren't first in line for WW2, either.

You might want to brush up on your world history - UK and US - before trying this out again ...

Comment

It's a 30 person sample. 15 each way. The difference in outcomes was one (1). Small sample size, minimal variance in outcome, so statistically insignificant.

But of course, the first thing (which I noticed you left out) was that it was from China.

France has its faults, but given a choice in relying on one or the other, it's not a tough call.
                            Fauci has also said the evidence that it works is anecdotal. He said he would try it if there were no other options.

The French study had fewer patients and they were not randomly assigned. The Chinese study design is better. It’s not conclusive yet, but there is more evidence that suggests this will not be a game changer than evidence that suggests it will.

And China has published a wealth of incredibly valuable Covid-19 research, including the full sequence, that scientists are relying on worldwide.
                            Last edited by BassAle; 03-26-2020, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Good to see Mini Mike Bloomberg doing his part to try to douse any hope of treatment solutions. But here's the interesting part, when you actually read the article.
                              Yeah, I read it.

Top scientists, including White House coronavirus task force member Anthony Fauci, have called reports that hydroxychloroquine might work anecdotal, and said they need further study before the pill’s use is encouraged.
                              In the Chinese study, which was conducted by researchers from the department of infection and immunity at the Shanghai Public Health Clinical Center, the 15 patients who didn’t get hydroxychloroquine were treated with conventional care.

This includes bed rest, oxgen inhalation, and the use of anti-viral drugs recommended in China’s treatment guidelines like lopinavir and ritonavir, and antibiotics when necessary.

One patient treated with hydroxychloroquine progressed to severe disease during the study. Four patients given the medicine developed diarrhea and signs of potential liver damage, compared with three getting conventional treatment.

The researchers concluded that additional studies using larger numbers of patients are needed to fully investigate the drug’s risks and benefits.

Comment

My very own copy of "PRESIDENT TRUMP'S CORONAVIRUS GUIDELINES FOR AMERICA" arrived with today's mail.

Comment

Working...
                                X