X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COVID-19 - Part 2

Originally posted by Darius View Post
    Two good days in a row was too big an ask.*

*Live streaming the WH address while drinking a beer.
    So much I want to say about your choice, but, totally approve.
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

One has to think the Coronavirus part of this briefing will be grim based on the lead. Running a bit of the Middle East script as well.
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

One has to think the Coronavirus part of this briefing will be grim based on the lead. Running a bit of the Middle East script as well.
        Following my fave pundits on Twitter on this 'presser'. Caravans? Again? And, #1 on Facebook? Wow (said in my best Lois Griffin voice)
        Last edited by HockeyRef; 04-01-2020, 05:44 PM.
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Pythonesque stretch there, don'tcha think?
          Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          Not even original. Nice to see you find death amusing. Typical ultra-conservative heartlessness.
          In the immortal words of Sgt. Hulka … "Lighten up, Francis."

I'd explain it to you ("Not even original" - no crap, really?!?) but as everyone knows, satire gets better when you have to sit down and explain it, step by step. Here's a hint, Psycho - it's aimed at the Chinese Communists - not at "death being amusing". Figure it out from there, smart-*****. Two questions: one, what part of it offended you, and two, are you the world's oldest snowflake??

At least Darius "gets it". Bad enough we missed out on St. Patrick's Day and a lot of Easter festivities - probably less of an issue for the secular sorts on this board - but now we can't even enjoy April Fool's. Psycho, do me a favor, and let us know when we get to an event or holiday when we can try to have a little fun, OK? Maybe Eli Yale's birthday, coming up this very Sunday??

https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...nnection-57228
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Unformative WH Coronavirus Task Force briefing. No new information. How did a reporter not ask VP Pence about his earlier Italy trajectory remark. Complimenting VP Pence's talking for 5 minutes without answering the question. Classic.

Comment

Apparently the war on drugs has returned. #wartimepres #distraction
              So the 70,000 we lose annually (death) to drugs don't count, but the COVID-19 victims do count?

Just want to be clear on which deaths count, and which ones don't, Darius? Especially as unemployment soars, abuse recidivism takes place, folks get depressed, violent crime increases, etc. add on some additional numbers. Less easy to count, and sure, less easy to desperately try to hang them on President Trump … but they'll be just as dead as those with COVID-19, no?

My apologies in advance if you meant this as an April Fool's joke - that was it, you got me, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                So the 70,000 we lose annually (death) to drugs don't count, but the COVID-19 victims do count?

Just want to be clear on which deaths count, and which ones don't, Darius? Especially as unemployment soars, abuse recidivism takes place, folks get depressed, violent crime increases, etc. add on some additional numbers. Less easy to count, and sure, less easy to desperately try to hang them on President Trump … but they'll be just as dead as those with COVID-19, no?

My apologies in advance if you meant this as an April Fool's joke - that was it, you got me, right?
                I’ll answer. No, they don’t count in this comparison.
                How you gonna twist this one?
                $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  In the immortal words of Sgt. Hulka … "Lighten up, Francis."

I'd explain it to you ("Not even original" - no crap, really?!?) but as everyone knows, satire gets better when you have to sit down and explain it, step by step. Here's a hint, Psycho - it's aimed at the Chinese Communists - not at "death being amusing". Figure it out from there, smart-*****. Two questions: one, what part of it offended you, and two, are you the world's oldest snowflake??

At least Darius "gets it". Bad enough we missed out on St. Patrick's Day and a lot of Easter festivities - probably less of an issue for the secular sorts on this board - but now we can't even enjoy April Fool's. Psycho, do me a favor, and let us know when we get to an event or holiday when we can try to have a little fun, OK? Maybe Eli Yale's birthday, coming up this very Sunday??

https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...nnection-57228

It IS in bad taste. There was chatter the past few days about April fool's, being respectful. This is not.

My Mom would have turned 90 today so I called her sister to say I wouldn't be coming for Easter. Good secular fun.

Comment

Unemployment, depression, job losses, abuses and crimes all are increasing on the Great Ones watch. The buck stops where?
                    Forever associated with his so-called legacy. Will always be known as the Trump virus.
                    $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                    Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                      It's all about the numbers Ref. Check out the number at www.cdc.gov.
                      New York has over 74,000 cases. New Jersey over 18,000 cases then it drops all the way down to California with over 8,900 cases. One has to wonder what steps California has taken to slow the spread that New York could have done. No?
                      Also, Washington State (initially the first US hotspot) has now tailed off dramatically. Good for them.

Not a huge fan of California or their governor … but you gotta give them credit where credit is due.

In the meantime, in NYC where Mayor DiBlasio was on TV as late as 3/10/20 telling his constituents and visitors to go to a movie or a show and a restaurant - this on the day when the NBA shut down their season later that same day - they have big problems.

NYC is admittedly a tough place, high population density that spills over into nearby New Jersey and Gold Coast Connecticut. Gov. Cuomo is in an even more challenging situation, having to balance the needs of the City with those of the wide swaths of Upstate where there is relatively low COVID-19 activity. I can see them embracing a county-by-county strategy once the curve "bends".

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

No Coronavirus briefing occurred during the Coronavirus Task Force Briefing.

Comment

Now onto Pony Boy who coughs up this furry little hairball ...
                          Pony Boy? I’m just staying gold baby!
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Pony Boy? I’m just staying gold baby!
                            You rock Pony Boy...
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                              I’ll answer. No, they don’t count in this comparison.
                              How you gonna twist this one?
                              Why not? And no, "Just because, it's Trump's fault" is not an answer ...

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                              Unemployment, depression, job losses, abuses and crimes all are increasing on the Great Ones watch. The buck stops where?
                              Forever associated with his so-called legacy. Will always be known as the Trump virus.
                              Drs. Fauci and Birx disagree with your assessment, as do a growing majority of Americans - with the most movement coming from Dems and independents. How does that make you feel?

Moreover, how bad is it going to be for you and those like you come November 2020 when President Trump gets re-elected? To be followed by Pence 2024 and 2028, before we start going through the Trump kids (Don Jr. and Eric) for the middle years of the century? First woman President (Ivanka), the first Jewish President (Jared or Ivanka) … and then we finish it all off with Baron?

I've got your legacy, right here buddy!!! <==== winky means I'm kidding. Kinda.

Hey Ref - saw you enjoyed the Python/Bee bit. No need to hide it from disapproving prudes.

Comment

No Coronavirus briefing occurred during the Coronavirus Task Force Briefing.
                                Apparently a slow news day on that front, honestly could have done without it today, but whenever you guys don't get to see Drs. Fauci and Birx, you start sowing conspiracy theories. Hey, who knew Dr. Fauci was a basketball star in his younger days?

Comment

Working...
                                X