This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COVID-19 - Part 2

So I come on here at lunchtime, with one set of plans for non-adversarial posting ... and due to the disingenuous behavior (at worst), or sheer stupidity and failure to comprehend (at best) of just one (1) poster - and it's a repeat offender, I'm afraid - it's time for some clean-up duty. To wit - please see my originating post, with an emphasis in bold, and keep that in mind for the following posts from the president of the Maine Chapter of Mensa ...

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    We live in the United STATES of America, not the People's Republic of America. States generally run themselves, and we have the Federal Government to basically oversee the operation, and provide shared services (like the military) to provide for ALL of the states. Cases rarely (if ever?) reach the US Supreme Court unless they've first been adjudicated in the state courts, or the Federal Courts in those states. It's why there is an Electoral College, and a whole raft of other things … too many just don't get it.[/SIZE]
    Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
    But wait, not MY problem he now says. Its the states problem. So, New Hampshire, next time those (people who don't look like us) need a spanking, send that famous N.H. State Army overseas to solve it. How come Hawaii couldn't stop the Japanese at Pearl Harbor, or actually their island hopping invasions that followed? You want to become a state so act like it. Its the states problem, correct? NY, shame on you. You should have been better prepared for 9/11. Maine, you are geographically the closest to Europe and the Nazi invasions in WW2. No need for the Feds to get involved in any of the above as the states are responsible.
    Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
    As it should be. Its the states responsibility to deal with that Russian threat, not the White(orange) House. That New Hampshire Navy will protect us.
    I mean … it takes a special degree of dumb infantile stupid to miss that by accident, and repeat it several times. Or you see it and you're disingenuous, because you've been stricken by an especially virulent strain of TDS.

Weren't you the one who was preaching telling us non-Britons about how Neville Chamberlain wasn't the Prime Minister who appeased the Germans in the late '30's, and how the US wasn't trying to avoid WW2 through the Battle of Britain (1940) up through the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor time when some people did something in the Pacific in late 1941?

I'll give you this much, though … at least you realized Hawaii wasn't a state yet in 1941. So while my initial take is that you were completely hopeless, you've now been upgraded to clueless. Congrats.

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    https://t.co/4AOgVG3ekh?amp=1

I find this interesting.
    I found it interesting 'til I saw the China data included. Honestly, why are we enabling these bad actors?

((( Timothy A - this isn't mean to denigrate you - it's aimed at the source )))

Now, it's quiz time, boys and girls. Dutchman comes to the table with some deaths-related data:

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    As of a few hours ago, 60.8% of all deaths in 5 locations:
    NYC
    New Jersey
    Michigan
    Louisiana
    Washington

NYC = 40.68%
    QUIZ QUESTION: What do all of these states (including both NY City/NY State) have in common?

Answers on a postcard by Friday April 31st, 30330.com to the following address:

Effingwoods Hockey Almanac
    Chuck Murray - Editor-for-Life
    One Maga-Kag Drive
    P.O. Drawer WIS
    Effingwoods NH 03999 USA

I'll bring the prediction guy I promised yesterday, sometime over the weekend, maybe Monday.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
      Your emphasis is on the wrong word. When the constitution was ratified, the 13 formerly sovereign states became merely "constituent units" (to quote Merriam-Webster) of the new nation (i.e. state) that had been created. E Pluribus Unum. The former condition was loosely aligned states; the current condition is a single, combined State.
      We are the United States - plural, States - of America.

We are NOT the United State (singular) of America, or the Federal State (singular) of America.

I know this cuts against the Left's statist fantasies, but the spelling does count. Sorry.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

We are NOT the United State (singular) of America, or the Federal State (singular) of America.

I know this cuts against the Left's statist fantasies, but the spelling does count. Sorry.
        The spectrum, as I see it, has the Federal government on one end and the guy in his house with a gun on the other. In between the Feds and the guy are state, county, municipal governments. All have a purpose and it is a beautiful thing when all are working together. Not so great when they are not.
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

So I come on here at lunchtime, with one set of plans for non-adversarial posting ...
          Your default posting mode correct?

Are we actually all in agreement here? The Federal government should be treating this as the war that the President pronounced he is in charge of and provide shared services (like the military) for ALL of the states.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dr-anth...der-50-states/

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=69957947

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-fau...en-coronavirus

'watchers' Ticketbastard scam = guy in his house with a gun. Happy until his well is polluted or he can't figure out how to self-intubate the one ventilator he kept for personal use.

Comment

Chuck, I don’t get what you’re advocating for in this State(s) discussion. Are you saying each state should be on its own to deal with the virus the way each seems appropriate. I hope not, ‘cause that’s a pretty f’ed up and inefficient way to deal with a problem that doesn’t respect political borders.

Help me out here. Thanks.

Comment

Spelling is a great start - good for you! (pat, pat) When you've got that nailed, you can work on reading comprehension. When multiple entities (plural) unite, they become one thing. It's there in plain English (AND even plainer in Latin).

When you can understand those 3 and 4-word phrases, try reading the full US Constitution instead of just waving it like a bloody shirt.
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                So, FEMA is giving its ventilators to the scalpers, who are then reselling them for a profit to the states, rather than giving them to the states directly? Between forcing states to bid up the masks, and now bid up ventilators, he's going to bankrupt states and help the profiteers.

I remember when Ticketmaster ran this scam.
                This explains something I've been pondering. How can I order, for instance a new PC monitor, opt for FREE shipping and have it arrive from CA in less than a week while valuable Covid-19 supplies are mysteriously swirling around in the ether? Wouldn't a prime use of the Defense Production Act be to identify needed supply storage locations, ask Governors to have Attorneys General dispatch Sherrifs to secure the location until the National Guard or DPA'd FedEx, UPS tucks show up for transport? Each truck with two drivers could be pretty much any place in the country in < 2 days.

This is stuff I think up as a work distraction. Imagine if I had access to any and every expert in the country. #darius2020

Comment

266,671 infected, 6,921 dead = 2.6% Johns Hopkins data as of: 4/3/20 3:21:42 PM.

Hopefully an uptick blip, but a significant jump in the past 19 hours.

In an hour we either get full frontal Fauci/Birx or learn that we have invaded Venezuela.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                    266,671 infected, 6,921 dead = 2.6% Johns Hopkins data as of: 4/3/20 3:21:42 PM.

In an hour we either get full frontal Fauci/Birx or learn that we have invaded Venezuela.
                    I think we need to start cookin the books like China and Russia!
                    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post

FYI the true infected number is higher

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                        I think we need to start cookin the books like China and Russia!
                        I've been leaving this part out:

US population = 330,000,000, projected infections 70,000,000 - 150,000,000 = 1,820,000 - 3,900,000 deaths.

CDC estimates that, from October 1, 2019, through March 14, 2020, there have been 23,000 – 59,000 US flu deaths.

The mortality rate HAS(?) to come down as testing continues. The 80,000 - 100,000 mortality number assumes full social distancing through May which is not happening.

Ruh roh.

Comment

A TRUE Patriot!!!!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                            FYI the true infected number is higher
                            Yeah, I know. I'm reminded every few pages. As Dr. Birx says, "The data we have is the data we have". What I am really looking at is:

3/25/20 - 1.4%
                            3/26/20 - 1.51% (7:29:49 AM)
                            3/26/20 - 1.42% (4:29:16 PM)
                            3/27/20 - 1.51%
                            3/28/20 - 1.62%
                            3/29/20 - 1.76%
                            3/30/20 - 1.84%
                            3/31/20 - 1.94%
                            4/1/20 - 2.2%
                            4/2/20 - 2.42%
                            4/3/20 - 2.6%

which to this point is the curve not flattening.

Comment

So I come on here at lunchtime, with one set of plans for non-adversarial posting ... and due to the disingenuous behavior (at worst), or sheer stupidity and failure to comprehend (at best) of just one (1) poster - and it's a repeat offender, I'm afraid - it's time for some clean-up duty. To wit - please see my originating post, with an emphasis in bold, and keep that in mind for the following posts from the president of the Maine Chapter of Mensa ...

I mean … it takes a special degree of dumb infantile stupid to miss that by accident, and repeat it several times. Or you see it and you're disingenuous, because you've been stricken by an especially virulent strain of TDS.

Weren't you the one who was preaching telling us non-Britons about how Neville Chamberlain wasn't the Prime Minister who appeased the Germans in the late '30's, and how the US wasn't trying to avoid WW2 through the Battle of Britain (1940) up through the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor time when some people did something in the Pacific in late 1941?

I'll give you this much, though … at least you realized Hawaii wasn't a state yet in 1941. So while my initial take is that you were completely hopeless, you've now been upgraded to clueless. Congrats.

I found it interesting 'til I saw the China data included. Honestly, why are we enabling these bad actors?

((( Timothy A - this isn't mean to denigrate you - it's aimed at the source )))

Now, it's quiz time, boys and girls. Dutchman comes to the table with some deaths-related data:

QUIZ QUESTION: What do all of these states (including both NY City/NY State) have in common?

Answers on a postcard by Friday April 31st, 30330.com to the following address:

Effingwoods Hockey Almanac
                              Chuck Murray - Editor-for-Life
                              One Maga-Kag Drive
                              P.O. Drawer WIS
                              Effingwoods NH 03999 USA

I'll bring the prediction guy I promised yesterday, sometime over the weekend, maybe Monday.
                              Your defense of everything Trump is starting to show cracks.
                              $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                              Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                                I've been leaving this part out:

US population = 330,000,000, projected infections 70,000,000 - 150,000,000 = 1,820,000 - 3,900,000 deaths.

CDC estimates that, from October 1, 2019, through March 14, 2020, there have been 23,000 – 59,000 US flu deaths.

The mortality rate HAS(?) to come down as testing continues. The 80,000 - 100,000 mortality number assumes full social distancing through May which is not happening.

Ruh roh.
                                I like your post without these numbers Darius. What it is, what it is though
                                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                                X