X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COVID-19 - Part 2

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Please give source citations when you can. I see Stobbe is an AP medical writer. Is that his twitter?
    Its here

https://apnews.com/8ccd325c2be9bf454c2128dcb7bd616d
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Chuck, it's so precious you think that was a real rebuttal. Nothing can touch Trump's frequency of incivility, dishonesty, selfishness and un-Presidential behavior. But you're a good little #FAP member and that reality somehow escapes you. Good luck with that 5, buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        Thanks!
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Read about this yesterday. I can't explain it so well, so I'll just link to where I read it. Basically, there's evolving research that Covfefe-19 doesn't attack the respiratory system in the way doctors have assumed it does, so using ventilators the way they have traditionally been used hasn't been as effective, and may actually be damaging the patients' lungs.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog...acute-covid-19

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog...cal-covid-19-2
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Welcome to the Cafe, D-1ers!
            We need to differentiate the threads with subtitles based on their content. I recommend this one be called "Reviewing Epidemiological Topics And Re-evaluating Daily Statistics".

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              We need to differentiate the threads with subtitles based on their content. I recommend this one be called "Reviewing Epidemiological Topics And Re-evaluating Daily Statistics".
              I was leaning towards UR PWNED, L1BTARD!
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Welcome to the Cafe, D-1ers!

This is like a comedy where the special ed teacher dies and his students get shipped to the honors class because the corrupt Principal, played by John Vernon, has to keep his attendance numbers up as he's been embezzling funding and can't get caught short.
                Who's bright idea was this?
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I was leaning towards UR PWNED, L1BTARD!
                  Psst. Read the capitalized letters of his

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    Reading? That's some librul elitist bullsh**!!
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                      If the virus does not kill you, the ventilator will .....
                      Generally speaking, 40% to 50% of patients with severe respiratory distress die while on ventilators, experts say. But 80% or more of coronavirus patients placed on the machines in New York City have died, state and city officials say.

Higher-than-normal death rates also have been reported elsewhere in the U.S., said Dr. Albert Rizzo, the American Lung Association’s chief medical officer.
                      in case anyone from the RETARDS (thanks, French!) thread missed it, my mom’s step-brother’s lung burst on Saturday while on a ventilator in ICU, so I am well aware that there are dangers and definitely have concerns. However, I think it’s more than a bit disingenuous to say that COVID-19 death rates on ventilators are “higher than normal.” This virus is new - what is the definition of normal?

And only human trash would stand on the sidelines screaming, “Since you scientists haven’t developed 100% effective and safe treatment within the first two months, I’m not going to listen to anything you have to say.”
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        Cornell University

Comment

That's it Kep, c'mon in, the water's fine.

Comment

Lol French
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

How Europe failed the coronavirus test
                              The contagion’s spread is a story of complacency, overconfidence, and lack of preparation.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...us-test-174199

They failed to heed experts who said no country could fight the virus on its own, failed to perceive that the world’s most advanced health care systems were at grave risk of being overwhelmed. They failed to understand that drastic measures would be needed until Italy — patient zero among EU member countries — frantically imposed travel restrictions that impeded European leaders’ own movements.

How Europe once again ended up as a killing field of infectious disease, as it did with plague in the 1300s and influenza a century ago, is less a blame game of individual finger-pointing than a story of collective complacency, and of dangerous overconfidence. Politicians seeking to prevent public panic reassured themselves into inaction — failing to build rapid testing capacity or to stockpile medical supplies over the two months following the virus’ emergence in China.

EU nations, despite their pledge to an ever-closer union, reacted selfishly and chaotically once the threat became evident. Health ministers — four of who quit or were fired during the crisis — bickered. Governments misled Brussels about their preparedness, then hoarded essential equipment and haphazardly shut their borders, disrupting commerce and stranding citizens.

and more

On January 26, four days after von der Leyen and Hatchett spoke in Davos, Tom Ingelsby, the director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security in the U.S., took to Twitter to urge world leaders to anticipate the worst.

“Global and national leaders should be looking ahead to what must be done to prepare for the possibility nCoV (novel coronavirus) can’t be contained, even as we continue to work as hard as possible to contain it in China and beyond,” Ingelsby wrote.

In addition to “crash vaccine development,” Ingelsby called for “urgent serology development programs” to figure out how many people had been exposed to the coronavirus and developed antibodies. He called for “massive expansion of diagnostics development capacity in China and around world,” for “rapid clinical trials for antivirals” and for “major expansion of personal protective equipment for health care workers.”

Other public health officials voiced little concern.

On January 27, Lothar Wieler, president of the Robert Koch Institute, Germany’s center for disease control, told the broadcaster ZDF in an interview that he saw “low danger” from the coronavirus. “We expect that single cases in different countries can occur,” Wieler said. “The chance for those single cases to then spread is at this point limited.”

Excellent reporting from Politico .....
                              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

There is no way we will see ECAC hockey next year. Ivy's will never allow students to return if there is even the slightest chance of another outbreak, which there surely will be.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X