This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Never mind growth under Trump slowed and he was hand-delivered an economy on the rise. You have way more tolerance and patience for willful ignorance than I do, net p.
    People forget where we were economically in Jan 2009. What Obama inherited then was a mess. What he left the orange man child 8 years later was an economy on cruise control and as long as el dumbo kept his hands off the wheel........

He is treating this country like he did Atlantic City. That sucking sound is this country’s wealth being gobbled up by the 1%.
    $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
    Just win.....

Comment

• Re: COVID-19 - Part 2

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
      People forget where we were economically in Jan 2009. What Obama inherited then was a mess. What he left the orange man child 8 years later was an economy on cruise control and as long as el dumbo kept his hands off the wheel........

He is treating this country like he did Atlantic City. That sucking sound is this country’s wealth being gobbled up by the 1%.
      Actually, he's treating it like States Apprentice, where each state is competing against the others to win some depraved reality TV show. Winning, by not killing off its citizens.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

People forget where we were economically in Jan 2009. What Obama inherited then was a mess. What he left the orange man child 8 years later was an economy on cruise control and as long as el dumbo kept his hands off the wheel.........
        Yeah, cruise control, those numbers were always 100% reliable. Barry's job report figures that were propped up by people dropping out of the workforce (not counted in the figure) vs going for unemployment (counted in the figure). Could you refresh my memory? I don’t remember widespread "Now Hiring" signs or radio ads mentioning sign on bonuses for new hires until Barry left Penn. Ave.

One thing I do remember: Barry notably said in June 2016 that manufacturing jobs “are just not going to come back.” Something about not having a magic wand. You know, all those manufacturing jobs for simple things like - Pharma drugs, Anti-biotics, Ventilators, face masks, etc. Then "Strangers Things" happened, a well known BUSINESSMAN was somehow divinely elected and brought a magic wand with him (I believe it is called a backbone in some cultures).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckde.../#6844459920a6

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post
          Yeah, cruise control, those numbers were always 100% reliable. Barry's job report figures that were propped up by people dropping out of the workforce (not counted in the figure) vs going for unemployment (counted in the figure). Could you refresh my memory? I don’t remember widespread "Now Hiring" signs or radio ads mentioning sign on bonuses for new hires until Barry left Penn. Ave.

One thing I do remember: Barry notably said in June 2016 that manufacturing jobs “are just not going to come back.” Something about not having a magic wand. You know, all those manufacturing jobs for simple things like - Pharma drugs, Anti-biotics, Ventilators, face masks, etc. Then "Strangers Things" happened, a well known BUSINESSMAN was somehow divinely elected and brought a magic wand with him (I believe it is called a backbone in some cultures).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckde.../#6844459920a6
          Keep drinking that kool aid. Your dear leader will always tell you the truth.👀
          $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
          Just win.....

Comment

What's up with some people thinking Bill Gates is behind this virus and calling for his arrest?
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Keep drinking that kool aid. Your dear leader will always tell you the truth.��
              Sorry Wayuphere, like toilet paper, the follow the leader Kool-aid has been low on stock since in Nov 8, 2016 and officially out of stock since 11:59 Jan 20, 2017. Once again, like toiler paper, there are rumors of it coming back, but then Forgetful Joe "misremembers" where he hid the recipe.

Comment

• I wonder how Joe Biden would handle this pandemic if he was president?
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Catching up on the overnight mailbag, and I do see we finally have a WINNER on last week's quiz!!

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                  Just a wild guess here. All led by Democrats?
                  Yes indeed, you are correct buoldtimer (and BTW my condolences to you and my many BU friends for the plague that's descended upon your school's reputation, due to the rise of recent BU alum AOC). Here is a recap, for those of you keeping score at home:

As of a (Friday), 60.8% of all deaths in 5 locations:

NYC: Mayor Bill DeBlasio (bonus points NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo)
                  New Jersey: Gov. Phil Murphy ((bonus points Newark Mayor Ras Baraka)
                  Michigan: Gov. Kay Whitmer/ (bonus points Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan)
                  Louisiana: Gov. John Bel Edwards (bonus points New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell)
                  Washington: Gov. Jay Inslee (bonus points Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan)

As our winner, buoldtimer will be receiving a free year's subscription to the now-infamous Effingwoods Hockey Almanac, and an invitation to our upcoming podcast (more on that just a little later), plus a guided tour of the WIS Estate in the bucolic hamlet of Effingwoods NH - The Way Life Should Be.

… but into every day, I suppose a little rain must fall. And this morning, from the wrong side of the border, we have long-time USCHO poster rufus who comes out with this little "how do you do" ...

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Jesus Christ, Chuck, you really have drunk the Trumper Kool-Aid, haven't you? Guess it's to be figured as you're the perfect demographic, an old white guy.

Tell me, are you a racist white supremacist **** as well?
                  As the "Church Lady" would be known to say in moments like these back in the day … "Well, isn't that special?!?" Guys like acs64, walrus and rufus have been almost like extended USCHO family, and I'm pretty sure one of them probably posted the phrase that initially led to the adoption of my "WIS" moniker. Sure, we've had back-and-forths about asterisks ( * ) and chokes, with a little retroactive financial aid on the side from time to time … but I always felt it was a fun thing, and I've met more than a few (including wally - not sure about acs64 or rufus, apologies if I've forgotten?) during treks to the Downeast. It's clear we all have different views of the world, but no one ever let it get in the way of rambunctious fun on the USCHO boards...

… until last night anyway, rufus had to be the a-hole who peed in the punchbowl, apparently threatened that someone might have the gall to disagree with his view of life. See, this is what identity politics does to you, boys and girls. And I was about to say "You get one old white guy calling another old white guy a racist" … and then it occurred to me - I never for a second gave thought to "What color/race is rufus?" Because I never cared. Technically, the percentage of folks I "know" on these boards that I've never met in person is pretty high, so I don't know those answers, either. And I don't care, frankly. But it seems like we've veered from the following quote, and NOT in a good way:

I have a dream that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

That's hardly the only great quote that Dems used to believe in, but no longer behave like they do. We'll revisit additional ones as circumstances dictate. In the meantime rufus … blow it our your a%$#.

On a lighter note, this one comes from Darius, who also took the identity politics route, but in a more entertaining direction ...

Originally posted by darius View Post
                  It is a little known fact that "Chuck" is actually a born female now gender neutral teenager who constantly trolls the UNH threads. We let them because:
                  1.) Our threads are welcoming tolerant safe spaces and
                  2.) They have an uncanny ability to predict scores.
                  Think what you will about Chuck, but they do know hockey.
                  We all I got a good laugh out of that one, Darius - well done!!

Finally … as seemingly promised weeks ago, but actually only since the end of last week … in times like these, sometimes you look for guidance from unusual places to try to gain insight into the events of the day, and how it will impact the world. My personal go-to-guy in such circumstances is none other than Nostradamus, whose spirit has been a frequent visitor to the WIS Estate over the years. Mike (as friends call him) allowed me to share his visions for 2020 via the following link:

https://wisehoroscope.org/nostradamus-2020/

Highlights, presented in a non-partisan way (FWIW, Mike is as middle-of-the-road as you get):

(1) Big War in the Middle East (still in play, as seemingly always);
                  (2) Economic Crisis in 2020 (Mike's reasoning is off, but bottom line is nailed);
                  (3) President Trump will Win Again (his words - not mine);
                  (4) Prophesy of a Plague (you see, this is why Nostradamus is Nostradamus);
                  (5) Wildfires on a Staggering Scale (Australia? Mike nails another one);
                  (6) A Great Empire Will Fall (British leaving the EU via Brexit?);
                  (7) England Will Have a New King (probably like the Middle East War thing - still in play);
                  (8) Record Number of Storms (still early - no data - one for the climate cultists);
                  (9) Sea Level Rise (another for the climate folks - see, he's pretty objective, no?); and
                  (10) Destructive Earthquakes (always in play, especially along the Pacific Rim "Ring of Fire")

Lots to chew on there. And before you folks scamper off to make sure you've got QE2 listed in your "death pool" (ditto Prince COVID-19 Charles), please note that I'll be inviting Nostradamus to the first-ever Effingwoods Hockey Almanac podcast live from the WIS Estate sometime in April, and chew over his amazing posthumous ability to write vague quatrains for modern day folks to interpret in highly flattering ways. I'll be asking Mike to weigh in on other lighter issues, including what we can expect from the Hockey East 2020/2021 season. Enjoy, and be back later!!
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    I wonder how Joe Biden would handle this pandemic if he was president?
                    Funny you should ask. Embedded video from Joe Biden (HINT: hire a translator) tells us here:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...ponse-n2566397
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      For one, he'd most likely let Dr. Fauci take the lead on this and not make a "daily update" into a goddammed Klan rally about himself.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                        Catching up on the overnight mailbag, and I do see we finally have a WINNER on last week's quiz!!

Yes indeed, you are correct buoldtimer (and BTW my condolences to you and my many BU friends for the plague that's descended upon your school's reputation, due to the rise of recent BU alum AOC). Here is a recap, for those of you keeping score at home:

As of a (Friday), 60.8% of all deaths in 5 locations:

NYC: Mayor Bill DeBlasio (bonus points NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo)
                        New Jersey: Gov. Phil Murphy ((bonus points Newark Mayor Ras Baraka)
                        Michigan: Gov. Kay Whitmer/ (bonus points Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan)
                        Louisiana: Gov. John Bel Edwards (bonus points New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell)
                        Washington: Gov. Jay Inslee (bonus points Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan)

As our winner, buoldtimer will be receiving a free year's subscription to the now-infamous Effingwoods Hockey Almanac, and an invitation to our upcoming podcast (more on that just a little later), plus a guided tour of the WIS Estate in the bucolic hamlet of Effingwoods NH - The Way Life Should Be.

… but into every day, I suppose a little rain must fall. And this morning, from the wrong side of the border, we have long-time USCHO poster rufus who comes out with this little "how do you do" ...

As the "Church Lady" would be known to say in moments like these back in the day … "Well, isn't that special?!?" Guys like acs64, walrus and rufus have been almost like extended USCHO family, and I'm pretty sure one of them probably posted the phrase that initially led to the adoption of my "WIS" moniker. Sure, we've had back-and-forths about asterisks ( * ) and chokes, with a little retroactive financial aid on the side from time to time … but I always felt it was a fun thing, and I've met more than a few (including wally - not sure about acs64 or rufus, apologies if I've forgotten?) during treks to the Downeast. It's clear we all have different views of the world, but no one ever let it get in the way of rambunctious fun on the USCHO boards...

… until last night anyway, rufus had to be the a-hole who peed in the punchbowl, apparently threatened that someone might have the gall to disagree with his view of life. See, this is what identity politics does to you, boys and girls. And I was about to say "You get one old white guy calling another old white guy a racist" … and then it occurred to me - I never for a second gave thought to "What color/race is rufus?" Because I never cared. Technically, the percentage of folks I "know" on these boards that I've never met in person is pretty high, so I don't know those answers, either. And I don't care, frankly. But it seems like we've veered from the following quote, and NOT in a good way:

I have a dream that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

That's hardly the only great quote that Dems used to believe in, but no longer behave like they do. We'll revisit additional ones as circumstances dictate. In the meantime rufus … blow it our your a%$#.

On a lighter note, this one comes from Darius, who also took the identity politics route, but in a more entertaining direction ...

We all I got a good laugh out of that one, Darius - well done!!

Finally … as seemingly promised weeks ago, but actually only since the end of last week … in times like these, sometimes you look for guidance from unusual places to try to gain insight into the events of the day, and how it will impact the world. My personal go-to-guy in such circumstances is none other than Nostradamus, whose spirit has been a frequent visitor to the WIS Estate over the years. Mike (as friends call him) allowed me to share his visions for 2020 via the following link:

https://wisehoroscope.org/nostradamus-2020/

Highlights, presented in a non-partisan way (FWIW, Mike is as middle-of-the-road as you get):

(1) Big War in the Middle East (still in play, as seemingly always);
                        (2) Economic Crisis in 2020 (Mike's reasoning is off, but bottom line is nailed);
                        (3) President Trump will Win Again (his words - not mine);
                        (4) Prophesy of a Plague (you see, this is why Nostradamus is Nostradamus);
                        (5) Wildfires on a Staggering Scale (Australia? Mike nails another one);
                        (6) A Great Empire Will Fall (British leaving the EU via Brexit?);
                        (7) England Will Have a New King (probably like the Middle East War thing - still in play);
                        (8) Record Number of Storms (still early - no data - one for the climate cultists);
                        (9) Sea Level Rise (another for the climate folks - see, he's pretty objective, no?); and
                        (10) Destructive Earthquakes (always in play, especially along the Pacific Rim "Ring of Fire")

Lots to chew on there. And before you folks scamper off to make sure you've got QE2 listed in your "death pool" (ditto Prince COVID-19 Charles), please note that I'll be inviting Nostradamus to the first-ever Effingwoods Hockey Almanac podcast live from the WIS Estate sometime in April, and chew over his amazing posthumous ability to write vague quatrains for modern day folks to interpret in highly flattering ways. I'll be asking Mike to weigh in on other lighter issues, including what we can expect from the Hockey East 2020/2021 season. Enjoy, and be back later!!
                        Gotta love it when the INtolerant left plays the race card Chuck. Usually means they have no logical or reasonable leg to stand on!
                        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Interesting timeline being reported by Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21N0EJ

The CDC was first alerted by its counterpart in China on January 3. It had the power to act on its own to check passengers coming from China (no presidential authority needed) but did not do so until (meekly) January 17 and more robustly on January 28. Why did they not act sooner? What information were they waiting for from China? Why were they waiting? Was the CDC waiting for the World Health Organization? They could have acted on their own authority.

I was in Hong Kong heading back to Boston on January 3 and it was already being communicated with alarm by the Hong Kong authorities. I believe they shut down the train that came directly from Wuhan to Hong Kong shortly thereafter. Did our CDC contact other sources?

This article supports my contention that the CDC really "Fuxkxd Up" big time on this one. While we are debating presidential politics, we should also be talking about accountability. There does not seem to be any for those in our federal government.

If this were China, the head of the CDC would be taken out and shot.
                          Last edited by Dutchman; 04-06-2020, 10:54 AM.
                          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                            Didnt he just tell us a few weeks back that he was running for the US Senate? He might have a better chance to offer more assistance from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqS4m-8B4IQ

Comment

This thread sure has been a fascinating study in Trumpism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                                Interesting timeline being reported by Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21N0EJ

The CDC was first alerted by its counterpart in China on January 3. It had the power to act on its own to check passengers coming from China (no presidential authority needed) but did not do so until (meekly) January 17 and more robustly on January 28. Why did they not act sooner? What information were they waiting for from China? Why were they waiting? Was the CDC waiting for the World Health Organization? They could have acted on their own authority.

I was in Hong Kong heading back to Boston on January 3 and it was already being communicated with alarm by the Hong Kong authorities. I believe they shut down the train that came directly from Wuhan to Hong Kong shortly thereafter. Did our CDC contact other sources?

This article supports my contention that the CDC really "Fuxkxd Up" big time on this one. While we are debating presidential politics, we should also be talking about accountability. There does not seem to be any for those in our federal government.

If this were China, the head of the CDC would be taken out and shot.
                                Tried to paste a link of Fauci who apparently downplayed the threat of the virus as late as January 21st!
                                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                                X