X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COVID-19 - Part 2

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
    As it should be. Its the states responsibility to deal with that Russian threat, not the White(orange) House. That New Hampshire Navy will protect us.
    https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/...rol/index.html

Two of their vessels are in the harbor daily, typically around the shipyard. The shipyard was working on 2, 3 boats until recently. NH probably should have conscripted them when we had the chance.
    Last edited by Darius; 04-03-2020, 09:02 AM.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
      Don't take your eyes off Russia else we'll be deploying submarine nets at the Portsmouth harbor entrance by summer.
      Excellent point Darius I'm sure our good friends in the Kremlin would NEVER take advantage of this situation
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

As of a few hours ago, 60.8% of all deaths in 5 locations:
        NYC
        New Jersey
        Michigan
        Louisiana
        Washington

NYC = 40.68%
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          Excellent point Darius I'm sure our good friends in the Kremlin would NEVER take advantage of this situation
          We deploy ships to counter the current cocaine scourge. (Huh?). Fentanyl ships in from China. Meth from the Ozarks. China ramps up in the South China Sea. The Russians destroy our oil industry.

The above is sort of, kind of tongue in cheek so please y'all, don't flame me over it, but the world order or at least its PWR is changing.
          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
            We deploy ships to counter the current cocaine scourge. (Huh?). Fentanyl ships in from China. Meth from the Ozarks. China ramps up in the South China Sea. The Russians destroy our oil industry.

The above is sort of, kind of tongue in cheek so please y'all, don't flame me over it, but the world order or at least its PWR is changing.
            If you're looking for something to watch on Netflix, third season of Ozark is now available. Highly recommend it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
              As of a few hours ago, 60.8% of all deaths in 5 locations:
              NYC
              New Jersey
              Michigan
              Louisiana
              Washington

NYC = 40.68%
              Lovely!

Comment

• Originally posted by darius View Post
                we deploy ships to counter the current cocaine scourge. (huh?). Fentanyl ships in from china. Meth from the ozarks. China ramps up in the south china sea. The russians destroy our oil industry.

The above is sort of, kind of tongue in cheek so please y'all, don't flame me over it, but the world order or at least its pwr is changing.
                m.a.g.a.
                $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  Good data. There’s always some room for noise in the data: I’d have a hard time believing that testing (and as a result: known infections) is able to keep pace with the actual number of infections.
                  It's not and here's why. My niece has all the symptoms. She face-timed with her doctor. Her doctor told her this: "You have it. Stay quarantined (with your husband and 2 kids), unless you get to the point where you have an exceedingly hard time breathing, then get to the ER ASAP, they will test you and admit you." So how many people are like her who have it, are quarantined by Dr's orders, not tested and therefore not in the count? The count is massively understated. Hence we all should hang very low, minimize our exposure to others and let this thing pass.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    It's not and here's why. My niece has all the symptoms. She face-timed with her doctor. Her doctor told her this: "You have it. Stay quarantined (with your husband and 2 kids), unless you get to the point where you have an exceedingly hard time breathing, then get to the ER ASAP, they will test you and admit you." So how many people are like her who have it, are quarantined by Dr's orders, not tested and therefore not in the count? The count is massively understated. Hence we all should hang very low, minimize our exposure to others and let this thing pass.
                    All true. My daughter said they are seeing ER patients who are obviously infected with the Trump Virus but they are sending them home unless very sick, with no testing done. There is a shift going on to the predicted assumption that there is no need to test widely as you probably have it anyways. Sure you’ll get tested, if you end up in the ICU.
                    To this point, really all one can do is treat the symptoms and hope it doesn’t turn into pneumonia. So underreported cases must be higher.
                    $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                    Just win.....

Comment

All tongue in cheek but think about it for the chuckle.....
                      Present day life in the USA is a conservative’s worse nightmare. Hijabs being worn everywhere, not just by females. Big brother spying with cams everywhere? Nope, can’t see facial features anymore. Rob an open bank or business? Sure, that mask won’t raise any suspicion and you can even leave it on and walk down the street.
                      Crazy times.
                      Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                        All tongue in cheek but think about it for the chuckle.....
                        Present day life in the USA is a conservative’s worse nightmare. Hijabs being worn everywhere, not just by females. Big brother spying with cams everywhere? Nope, can’t see facial features anymore. Rob an open bank or business? Sure, that mask won’t raise any suspicion and you can even leave it on and walk down the street.
                        Crazy times.
                        I think you're losing your mind, whats left of it, wayouthere

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                          I think you're losing your mind, whats left of it, wayouthere
                          Thanks. That’s kind of what I’ve been saying. 😜
                          Just win.....

Comment

I think this whole thing being politicized is lame, lots of wasted energy and un-needed friction. Focus on what YOU can do for you, your friends, family and community.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

So, FEMA is giving its ventilators to the scalpers, who are then reselling them for a profit to the states, rather than giving them to the states directly? Between forcing states to bid up the masks, and now bid up ventilators, he's going to bankrupt states and help the profiteers.

I remember when Ticketmaster ran this scam.

A longtime Republican fundraiser sent an email to his clients on Thursday abruptly announcing that he would no longer be working for them.

The reason: He saw an opportunity to capitalize on the coronavirus response.

“Over the last 14 days I have built another business outside politics and will be focusing my full attention there,” he wrote in the email, which was obtained by POLITICO.

The fundraiser, Mike Gula, didn’t specify his new line of work in the email. But in an interview, he said he’d started a new company selling medical equipment that’s been in short supply during the coronavirus pandemic.

The company, Blue Flame Medical LLC, was formed Monday in Delaware, according to state records. Its website says it sells coronavirus testing kits, N95 respirator masks, “a wide selection” of personal protective equipment and other “hard to find medical supplies to beat the outbreak.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-152184

Asked how he’d managed to procure such equipment when there are shortages in hospitals across the country, Gula said, “I have relationships with a lot of people.”
                              Last edited by NCAA watcher; 04-03-2020, 01:20 PM.
                              The Souza record:
                              15-16 10th place
                              16-17 10th place
                              17-18 11th place
                              18-19 8th place
                              19-20 9th place
                              20-21 10th place
                              21-22 9th place
                              22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                We live in the United States of America, not the People's Republic of America.
                                Your emphasis is on the wrong word. When the constitution was ratified, the 13 formerly sovereign states became merely "constituent units" (to quote Merriam-Webster) of the new nation (i.e. state) that had been created. E Pluribus Unum. The former condition was loosely aligned states; the current condition is a single, combined State.

What exactly is Mike Pompeo's title again?

Sorry to burst your "South will Rise Again" fantasies, but we live in a Federal Republic and the use of the term "state" to describe the next hierarchical governmental layer is really just an anachronism.
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X