X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COVID-19 - Part 2

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
    So predictable coming from their world of black is white, up is down.
    Remind us again then, how many genders are there in your world? It's A-OK when the "girl" with the beard wins the State 100M sprint championship? And how your science excuses explains how the same "clump of cells" that some of you folks feel comfortable dispatching right up to full term, can somehow survive outside the womb three months earlier?

Ann Coulter has a very interesting and different take ("The Bill for Globalism Has Arrived") yesterday, on where she sees Trump's fault lying in the aftermath of this pandemic, especially if he doesn't put an end to our globalist trade policy, and specifically in key areas of production like Pharma and medical supplies. I don't expect many of you will read it, but I think you'll be surprised ...

https://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2020-04-01.html
    Last edited by Chuck Murray; 04-02-2020, 10:57 AM.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      Remind us again then, how many genders are there in your world? It's A-OK when the "girl" with the beard wins the State 100M sprint championship? And how your science excuses explains how the same "clump of cells" that some of you folks feel comfortable dispatching right up to full term, can somehow survive outside the womb three months earlier?

Ann Coulter has a very interesting and different take ("The Bill for Globalism Has Arrived") yesterday, on where she sees Trump's fault lying in the aftermath of this pandemic, especially if he doesn't put an end to our globalist trade policy, and specifically in key areas of production like Pharma and medical supplies. I don't expect many of you will read it, but I think you'll be surprised ...

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2020-04-01.html
      Wow. 👀
      $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
      Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
        He has been long before this. New Yorkers hate him more than they hate Trump.
        People very close to me who live in NYC have said this for years. These are are bright, educated and frankly, privileged people who are fortunate to have daily access to expert information and a weekly briefing from a Harvard Epidemiologist. They were transitioning on the first weekend of March and in full stay at home mode by March 2. Apparently many in government either did not have access to this information, the cognitive ability to process it or the desire and motivation act on it.

The folks I know in NYC are the exception. Most do not have access to this type of information and many don't have the education to understand it. This is where government is supposed to come in, by providing clear direction. How is it that when Governors speak there is a sign language translator on stage, but not at the Federal level? Is there a Spanish version of coronavirus.gov? I should be able to find it instantly, but can't. Over and over again with our current Federal government, some of the state governments and a few local ones I find myself wondering if they are clueless, evil, selfish. Probably a combination of all three in varying degrees. Without Covid-19 this would have continued for a long time until eventually, years probably decades, in the future the number and degree of the disenfranchised becomes so great that there will be a political revolt and Bernie, AOC types will be elected to high offices. Covid-19 will likely accelerate this. Covid-19 does not care if you are rich, poor, white, non-white, male, female, young or old. Our cities are getting crushed and it is going to get worse and spread out of the cities. The US infection rate continues to rise, currently at 2.37%. The late to the game states like FL are going to get clobbered. I can currently book a BOS/LGA roundtrip flight and worse LGA to (random rural area) Jackson Hole. Un-be-f@#$ing-lievable.
        Last edited by Darius; 04-02-2020, 12:04 PM.
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2020-04-01.html
          Uh oh...we really have to go here??? Gender, abortion rights? How polarizing...sigh. I like Monty Python much better...
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
            . I can currently book a flight from BOS/LGA roundtrip flight and worse LGA to (random rural area) Jackson Hole. Un-be-f@#$ing-lievable.
            I'll guarantee you will be able to practice social distancing as it will be you, the crew and maybe a couple of passengers.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

This Dr ain't coming back to Fox anytime soon
              https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/docto...085227730.html
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

P1: relevant how?

P2 - Link keeps timing out, but another title might be "The Bill for Providing an Illusion of Prosperity by Giving the Masses Access to Cheap Disposable Unnecessary Crap Has Arrived". The environmental bill is in the mail.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQF...35r844JXKgIHvw
                  I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Ann Coulter Explains Why She’s A Deadhead—And Always Will Be:
                    https://www.inquisitr.com/3242436/an...lways-will-be/

“I mostly followed them as a practicing lawyer from around 1991 to August 1995..."
                    Blech.

“Deadheads are such a draw that I didn’t even notice that the band wasn’t playing at the Jerry memorial in Golden Gate Park after Jerry [Garcia] died,”
                    Clueless DHINO.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      This Dr ain't coming back to Fox anytime soon
                      https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/docto...085227730.html
                      Wow...that was something...lay it out, we can handle it. The TRUTH......FACT. Peoples LIVES depend on it...."we needed this months ago"....

Comment

Thanks for sharing...that was fascinating. I always believed it came from Wuhan...and the part about the lab being next to that market....scary stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          Wow...that was something...lay it out, we can handle it. The TRUTH......FACT. Peoples LIVES depend on it...."we needed this months ago"....
                          Wait for it.

Comment

Doing my usual rounds during lunchtime, just looking to catch up on things ...

Thanks for sharing. Some unique insight into the origins in Wuhan, plus stuff that easily gets overlooked over here. Almost makes me want to learn to read Chinese (almost).

P1: relevant how?

P2 - Link keeps timing out, but another title might be "The Bill for Providing an Illusion of Prosperity by Giving the Masses Access to Cheap Disposable Unnecessary Crap Has Arrived". The environmental bill is in the mail.
                            P1: Relevant only to the poster's point about "black being white", etc. on the other side of the aisle.

P2: Here's the final few paragraphs from Coulter's piece. FREE THINKING ALERT - it may surprise you:

Even a lot of the American companies we’re so proud of for stepping up to make masks in this crisis ... are making them in China. (New York Times, March 13, 2020: “A General Motors joint venture in southwestern China built 20 of its own mask-making machines and began bulk production.”)

Trump’s reaction? Flatter China so they’ll keep buying our soybeans. Maybe they’ll throw Jared some business!

Nearly a month ago, The New York Times reported that Trump was “preparing an executive order, which could be released in the coming days,” requiring the federal government to buy American-made pharmaceuticals.

It apparently went into the same file as that executive order on anchor babies. We’re still waiting.

(Peter) Navarro had the executive order ready to go, but then dozens of pharmaceutical companies lobbied against it, arguing that “a diverse pharmaceutical supply chain is precisely what enables the industry to respond quickly and make adjustments in its supply chain sourcing during natural emergencies and global public health crises.”

China: If we cut you off, America, you’ll be in hell.

The Big Pharma lobbyists also noted that Trump’s (idle) threat for America to make its own drugs “could run afoul of commitments it made under the WTO’s Government Procurement Agreement.”

NO! WE CAN’T VIOLATE THE WTO’S GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENT AGREEMENT!

Trump is the president of the United States. Either he is responsible for a monstrous virus arriving on our shores and destroying our economy -- or China is. I expected the media to say, “Trump!” I didn’t expect Trump to agree.

My reaction is, while I agree stern action need to be taken against China, we're in a vulnerable position right now, precisely due to huge inconvenient chunks of our supply chain being in China's control. I assure you, though … in the aftermath of this incident, if action is not taken to better protect key supply chains from those who would do us harm, I will be 100% on board with Coulter.

Trump has railed against China since he was a candidate, and he's negotiated part of a deal already. These events are going to impact on how further negotiations play out. Some have called for a "reckoning". I don't know how that happens short of hot war in the South China Sea, or worse (nuclear). Trump has to keep talking with them, but the biggest leverage we have now is pulling back steadily on our reliance on China for pharma, med supplies, tech, and a host of other goods. That has to happen, but at an unmistakable pace which buys us time to build our alternate supply chains, while steadily decoupling from our dangerous current dependencies. I won't recite the past administrations who contributed to this, but this situation didn't happen overnight. If our actions make it clear we're following that path, China will have some tough choices to make.

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Wait for it.
                            I see you guys have moved on from Drs. Fauci and Birx, and are now smitten with a new hot-take doc.

Enjoy!
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Made in America has a new ring to it these days!
                              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Great Video !!! We were told there was no human to human transmission.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X