This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    I don't profess to be an expert in epidemics, but NYFD sent a bus with 14 COVID patients to Albany Medical Center under the cover of darkness last night (really).
    This was the same day after the chief of AMC proclaimed no knowledge of that very same rumor.

Being a novice, I could be completely wrong, but this strikes me as Item #1 in the "What Not To Do in the Event of a Pandemic Handbook"....that being ship your infected to another region that is currently only mildly hit by the outbreak.

I understand the NYC hospitals need relief, which is supposed to be ready -- in all of the hospitals they built at Javits, Naval Yard, Central Park, etc. I haven't seen any reports that they're actually using the emergency facilities ?? Exporting the germ 2 1/2 hours away seems nuts to me.
    Yes it does..no idea why as you mention..From what I gather hes expecting the worst in 2 weeks..I thought those make shift hospitals in the park etc were going to be for Covid patients...I'll look into that.
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Re: COVID-19 - Part 2

203,608 infected, 4,476 dead = 2.2% Johns Hopkins data as of: 3/31/20 2:20:57 PM.

Several news outlets are reporting that today VP Pence compared the US to Italy in terms of coronavirus impact. Italy is currently at 11.9% mortality rate.
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
        Her words Ref. Not mine
        I didnt listen to her comments am avoiding those pressers where possible. But you did she hes doing an abysmal job...hence..my comment. Why do you feel that way if I may ask?

Comment

Seems to be a fair amount of Monty Python-inspired bits in recent days, so here's another one …

https://babylonbee.com/news/china-cl...-out-your-dead
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
            I throw the b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t flag on this. We have NOT done "more tests by far than any other country." I agree we have done more tests, but THAT IS NOT WHAT OUR PRESIDENT IS LEADING US TO BELIEVE. We didn't even pass ROK until 3/24. And since ROK has this under control their need for testing has decreased. And even today we're only 2x Italy in tests. And 2x is not anything to write home about when you look at total tests/million people which is actually the point of all of this, right Chuck?
            The President said on Monday, the US had done more tests by far than anyone else.

He didn't say the US did them earlier.

He didn't say the US did more pro rata.

He did say the US did more tests "by far" than anyone else. And he was right.

You said he was incorrect. He wasn't - you were.

Sorry if that makes you angry … but it doesn't make you less wrong.

If "the point of all this" is to bash your President, knock yourself out. It's a free country.
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              I didnt listen to her comments am avoiding those pressers where possible. But you did she hes doing an abysmal job...hence..my comment. Why do you feel that way if I may ask?
              It's all about the numbers Ref. Check out the number at www.cdc.gov.
              New York has over 74,000 cases. New Jersey over 18,000 cases then it drops all the way down to California with over 8,900 cases. One has to wonder what steps California has taken to slow the spread that New York could have done. No?
              Last edited by e.cat; 04-01-2020, 03:42 PM.
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                The President said on Monday, the US had done more tests by far than anyone else.

He didn't say the US did them earlier.

He didn't say the US did more pro rata.

He did say the US did more tests "by far" than anyone else. And he was right.

You said he was incorrect. He wasn't - you were.

Sorry if that makes you angry … but it doesn't make you less wrong.

If "the point of all this" is to bash your President, knock yourself out. It's a free country.
                Chuck Murray is just plain wrong

No. The numbers at the time were not "by far." And the point of this is NOT to bash our President. The point of this is to remind everyone that sitting on your behind doing nothing is a bad thing in a pandemic. The point of this is to remind everyone that attacking a pandemic as 50 nation-states is not as effective as a coordinated centralized attack. You'll defend these people to your death and mine. That's what I'm angry about.

I wish my governor Mike DeWine were running the national show right now instead of this miserable cast of characters. We'd all have a much better chance of surviving this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                  New York has over 74,000 cases. New Jersey over 18,000 cases then it drops all the way down to California with over 8,900 cases. One has to wonder what steps California has taken to slow the spread that New York could have done. No?
                  Well, no idea why these numbers are the way they are. I could simply look at them and also look at population density...NYC, lots of people in a given area. Lots of international travel coming in, going out...really don't know. But, I've been impressed with his (Cuomo) being forthright about it all...and mobilizing for the worst case scenario. I think abysmal is a strong term to use...I mean, look at Ron DeSantis...to me, that's abysmal...

EDIT: doing some quick reads reveals some 'more testing in NYC than in LA' means more cases...'swifter response by Gov Newsom '....NYC densely populated...and the like. All speculation but shows some patterns.
                  Last edited by HockeyRef; 04-01-2020, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Seems to be a fair amount of Monty Python-inspired bits in recent days, so here's another one …

Not even original. Nice to see you find death amusing. Typical ultra-conservative heartlessness.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Apparently the war on drugs has returned. #wartimepres #distraction

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                        https://www.latimes.com/california/s...s-what-we-know
                        Is Los Angeles facing New York-level coronavirus disaster? Here is what we know
                        “A week or two from now, we will have images like we’re seeing in New York here in Los Angeles.” Mayor Eric Garcetti said Thursday

Comment

Pythonesque stretch there, don'tcha think?

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                            Apparently the war on drugs has returned. #wartimepres #distraction
                            I was just watching that...laughable...and I'm a health teacher. How many Americans died from opioid abuse last year?? (it's down 67,000 from 70,000 in 2017/18 which IS good news) The good old 'war on drugs'...always a good filler.

Comment

Two good days in a row was too big an ask.*

*Live streaming the WH address while drinking a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                                https://www.latimes.com/california/s...s-what-we-know
                                Is Los Angeles facing New York-level coronavirus disaster? Here is what we know
                                “A week or two from now, we will have images like we’re seeing in New York here in Los Angeles.” Mayor Eric Garcetti said Thursday
                                Fun fact: LA's Mayor Eric Garcetti has a link to the OJ trial...how? He's the son of Gil Garcetti, who was LA's district attorney at the time...

Comment

Working...
                                X