This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    So, if Trump lies as much as China, he's a witch?
    That's an insult to witches everywhere 'Watcher
    No he's just a liar.
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Re: COVID-19 - Part 2

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
      So, if Trump lies as much as China, he's a witch?
      The world needs way more obscure Monty Python references in times like these.

With all of the Monday Morning quarterbacking on the US response, I guess I need to know which country it was that really aced this whole situation? I'd have guessed "Germany" maybe, until their minister of finance offed themselves in the last 24 hours, so you gotta think they're ramping up, too. Last week, I was reading on here and in the MSM just how great China's response was, and many of those same folks would have you believe US deaths surpassed Chinese deaths. How naïve is that?

And Mookie … wrong about the Mueller Report, Trump was exonerated, the report invented a new standard of justice (exoneration) previously unrecognized by US law, and the Clinton-packed prosecutorial team was even undecided on that bogus front. You also remember just how well Mueller's Congressional testimony went last year … uh, he didn't even know what was in his own report. Next ...

As Whalers so ably pointed out earlier today … the US intelligence community has hardly covered itself in glory over the last 3+ years. It's like "the boy who cried wolf" - you craft and support enough Deep State narratives, you lose your credibility. So when the "big one" finally arrives, and no one believes your agency because you've been up your own collective a-holes with silly stuff designed to embarrass and unseat your boss … you forfeit your right to credibility. And before we get to "Then why didn't Trump just fire those guys?" … well, he did that with a guy named Comey, who turned around and tried to sandbag him with "Russia". Prelude as prologue?

We are ALL now paying the price for the silliness of the last 3+ years, when instead of doing more positive things for the country, half of Congress (and 90% of the MSM) was throwing an infantile temper tantrum that they didn't get their way in 2016. Could Trump's response have been better? Sure. But he has a LOT of company on the "blame pie" exercise. A 90% slice of that pie goes over the Pacific to Communist China, another 5% to the WHO … have a blast hacking up the remaining 5% between Trump, Pelosi's "Resistance", Deep State lack of credibility, Mayor DeBlasio, Mardi Gras in New Orleans, European Union, etc. ad nauseum.
      Last edited by Chuck Murray; 03-30-2020, 06:26 PM.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

I know this thread better than anybody. Do you know how many posts are in this thread? 136,085.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Whenever I reply to this thread, I acknowledge that I know nothing about medicine, diseases, etc.

However, the way this situation is proceeding, I think the prospect of a college hockey season in the fall may be a bit optimistic. Can a knowledgeable person respond, please?
          Last edited by buoldtimer; 03-30-2020, 06:46 PM.
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

From State level Homeland Security here in CT.

Hello again, all:
            Other credible info I’m seeing today is showing projected numbers for COVID-19 DEATHS being estimated in the tens of thousands and well above the yearly numbers for common influenza. This is a change from the early predictions. The estimated peak for COVID-19 cases and deaths is being reported as mid-April and one report I read put it even one week prior to that.

THAT’S ABOUT ONE WEEK AWAY.

Whether you call it sequestering, quarantine, being a prisoner in your own home with a load of screaming kids, etc., the truth is we need to continue the current practice of staying home, being super-hygienic, and absolutely practicing social distancing. The CDC is recommending that people in CT, NJ and NY refrain from ANY non-essential travel for the next two weeks. What’s essential? What’s worth risking you getting or spreading the virus? One report I read estimates OVER 80,000 deaths in the US by the beginning of August. I hope to God they’re wrong but that’s what’s being estimated. At the mid-April peak we could be looking at OVER 2200 deaths PER DAY. That absolutely blows my mind.

So, while we all ***** and complain (and we all do) let’s keep our eyes on the target – limiting the spread of this virus. I know I like to joke a bit but this is serious. Doesn’t matter if you’re young or old, skinny or heavy, male or female, we ALL are vulnerable to a degree. Yes, some are at higher risk than others, but we’re all susceptible to carrying or catching the virus (and dying). Here’s another thought – the virus doesn’t spread on its own, PEOPLE MOVE THE VIRUS.

OK, I’ll get off of my soap box and hope that you’ll share this message. Although it’s not a new message, it needs to keep making the rounds because my experience has always been that we Americans soon fall into a false sense of security when things quiet down. So finish that home project, learn that new language, learn to play a musical instrument, or just cherish some at home time with your loved ones, BUT STAY HOME. Doing so might just save their lives.

Regards, be safe and be HEALTHY,
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              Not sure what you are asking...Yes I believe it originated in China. What does that have to do with this post (that I deleted because I.really do t want to get into a you know what contest today. Oh and yes..I believe the Chinese were not forthcoming.

Just like I also believe Trump lost valuable time.

Really...what's your point?
              What's the point you ask Ref? I know you're a lib Ref. That's fine it's a free country. At least I think it is! No worries. You're entitled to your opinion and I enjoy the debate with you I get it. You hate Trump. I didnt much like Obama. I don't ever remember tearing him down though like the left attacks Trump. Politicizing this mess is not helpful though Ref. I just heard Cuomo say "There is no politics. Only Red white and Blue." Wouldn't you agree?

Enlighten me about the Pandemic Team though. Doesn't the President have the right to assemble his own team? I haven't researced this at all. Save me the trouble to google this will ya? Cant wait
              Last edited by e.cat; 03-30-2020, 07:09 PM.
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                With all of the Monday Morning quarterbacking on the US response...
                To be fair, there was a lot of live in game analysis as well.
                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                  Whenever I reply to this thread, I acknowledge that I know nothing about medicine, diseases, etc.

However, the way this situation is proceeding, I think the prospect of a college hockey season in the fall may be a bit optimistic. Can a knowledgeable person respond, please?
                  As with the 1918 Spanish Flu, there will be a "round 2" of the Coronavirus in the Fall after the drop-off this summer due to the increase in radiation from the sun. The "round 2" in 1918 was worse than the initial spread of the virus. What could change that situation would be a vaccination administered to millions around the world. Unfortunately, no one is expecting a phase III clinical trial to be completed until the 4th quarter of 2020. I would not bet on there being a college hockey season next year. I would bet against it. Will there even be college classes?
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                    What's the point you ask Ref? I know you're a lib Ref. That's fine it's a free country. At least I think it is! No worries. You're entitled to your opinion and I enjoy the debate with you I get it. You hate Trump. I didnt much like Obama. I don't ever remember tearing him down though like the left attacks Trump. Politicizing this mess is not helpful though Ref. I just heard Cuomo say "There is no politics. Only Red white and Blue." Wouldn't you agree?

Enlighten me about the Pandemic Team though. Doesn't the President have the right to assemble his own team? I haven't researced this at all. Save me the trouble to google this will ya? Cant wait
                    Yeah, I do so agree with Cuomo's statement...of course the President can't get through ONE of these pressers without saying something about this governor not liking him etc. But, who's politicizing it? I see it as pointing out one's perception of the situation. If that's politicizing it, well, sorry. As per Obama, I'm going to be straight up that I really didn't follow the politics as much as I do now. I felt pretty assured that he was doing a decent job. Now, that's not without saying he didn't make mistakes he was not perfect. But lest we forget, he spent 6 years fairly beleaguered by the Repubs and that's no surprise. I don't want to re hash that stuff anyway; like I said, I really didn't engage in it all. Felt he was a good President, and an honorable man, which, I hold as a big value if I'm going to respect someone.

As per the Pandemic team...well, I don't know what Trump wanted to do. I have a feeling it was just to unravel one more thing Obama put in place, if I'm speculating. Of course when he was asked about that, he said he didn't know 'any thing about that' 'I did that' and other typical deflecting (as I see it). Just like when he says he "doesn't know these people in the pictures; I take so many pictures" (then you see him in 15 pictures with the person but, hey, just a coincidence. (yes, I'm being sarcastic) So, I don't think he had any intention on doing that (making up his 'own team' as I do not believe that team was ever in place?) As with so many govt. agencies that no longer exist (and I am not a fan of huge government) this went away too.

So, that's my take on the Pandemic Team. There's plenty to read about it, you can hear DJT him self talk about doing it, but I'm not digging up those you tubes. Too exhausted from working remotely I'd so much rather be in my classroom. Oh, yeah, I hate him. Wow. I just don't care for him much. I hate the Yankees, now that's...hate.
                    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                      I don't ever remember tearing him down though like the left attacks Trump.
                      Really? I remember one guy going on and on about how he wasn't born in this country like some rambling dip****.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                        As with the 1918 Spanish Flu, there will be a "round 2" of the Coronavirus in the Fall after the drop-off this summer due to the increase in radiation from the sun. The "round 2" in 1918 was worse than the initial spread of the virus. What could change that situation would be a vaccination administered to millions around the world. Unfortunately, no one is expecting a phase III clinical trial to be completed until the 4th quarter of 2020. I would not bet on there being a college hockey season next year. I would bet against it. Will there even be college classes?
                        c'mon man.... we will get a rushed vac and all end up as zombies!!! zombie hockey would be pretty f' ing cool
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The right went insane over a tan suit, meanwhile when Trump really screws things up his enablers look the other way and talk about buttery males.

You don't have to hate Trump to hold him accountable - it's called being an adult.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            And Mookie … wrong about the Mueller Report, Trump was exonerated, the report invented a new standard of justice (exoneration) previously unrecognized by US law, and the Clinton-packed prosecutorial team was even undecided on that bogus front. You also remember just how well Mueller's Congressional testimony went last year … uh, he didn't even know what was in his own report. Next ...
                            mueller didn't go there as it wasn't his job to do so (so he says) and his understanding was a sitting pres couldn't be brought up regardless. he also then played dumb because it wasn't his job to do so and his understanding was a sitting pres couldn't be brought up regardless. he did allow that his report in no way claimed exoneration.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

With a vaccine most likely 12 months away, I think the prospect of having any sports scheduled to begin this fall (i.e. NHL, NFL, NCAA sports, etc.) is too optimistic.

There are many RCTs currently underway looking at potential medical therapies to reduce the symptoms of the virus. I know Dr. Dave Boulware at my university (University of Minnesota) is currently two weeks into an RCT (500+ CoV-19 participants so far) on the therapeutic effects of hydroxlychloroquine and said he and his team may be able fast track the study and run the data in about 4 weeks. But even if there are positive results, it remains to be seen if it's indeed a panacea for all CoV-19 patients. But considering individuals who may be asymptomatic, it doesn't appear there's a silver lining for fall sports. We'll have to wait and see.

But we may be looking at a worst case scenario here for sports set to begin in 4-6 months. There's been a lot of crazy discussions and scenarios mentioned on sequestering teams without spectators at remote locations such as renovated cruise ships to virus free zones which will probably be non-existent in 4-6 months.

I'm leaning more towards the NCAA cancelling all sports this fall. That would apply to the NFL, NHL, and others as well.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ll-play-season

Comment

Johnson & Johnson has joined with a U.S. government agency to commit $1 billion to the development of a COVID-19 vaccine. J&J plans to have a vaccine in the clinic by September, win emergency use authorization early next year and add capacity to make more than 1 billion doses.

The hope is that an existing therapeutic (drug) can be repurposed successfully or antibody-laden blood of those who have survived an infection can be used. Not sure how this scales. We will need the vaccine to stop it in its tracks.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X