This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COVID-19 - Part 2

For something that isn’t that big a deal they say, the trumpettes sure do spend a lot of time ranting about the United States Virus.
    $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
    Just win.....

Comment

I remain perplexed by the sudden focus on US v. China in addressing the issue of a virus.

I note that you now want us to become China "apologists," a great rhetorical device to force a position on people who were worried about the lack of a US response to the virus.

Put down the townhall right wing site, and answer how this relates to Trump's response from January 3, 2020 to the present, or even from February 2020, when the world knew about this impact but Trump and Fox told us (you) it was just the flu, and blasted that message out to the followers.

Until you can explain why we should believe Trump would have done something different, I'll ignore your "But China" and "But for the impeachment he'd have done something" attempted diversions.
      The Souza record:
      15-16 10th place
      16-17 10th place
      17-18 11th place
      18-19 8th place
      19-20 9th place
      20-21 10th place
      21-22 9th place
      22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
        I remain perplexed by the sudden focus on US v. China in addressing the issue of a virus.
        Trump playbook. Play ONE. Define an enemy.
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

I can't believe you didn't tell me about something in time, when after you told me about it I told my followers this was a Democratic LameStream Media hoax, overreaction, and did nothing for two months.

Just 20 days ago:
          Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          If the MSM didn't have any bad news they'd have no news at all. MSM is lovin covid-19 and the market meltdown:/
          Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          You'd think folks would pick out the trend of where the hysteria-inducing stuff always seems to originate. Not once in awhile, and not from both sides. Every frickin' thing, every frickin' time. Everything is an "existential crisis", and the solutions always seem to be to give more power (and money) to the folks declaring the crisis.
          Originally posted by acs64 View Post
          Lets see how it plays out before you get all excited. My guess is it will prove to be garden variety flu and all blow over in time and the vaccine will be added to the vaccine soup we are all supposed to get each fall. You apparently think its precursor to the end of civilization.
          So I guess I'd ask you to reflect on why all of the responses to science were political push back about the LameStreamMedia, and even now we're on to more political talk about China. Has the Right become so anti-science that even objective science becomes suspect? I'd fear for a group that is so marginalized.
          Last edited by NCAA watcher; 03-30-2020, 10:13 AM.
          The Souza record:
          15-16 10th place
          16-17 10th place
          17-18 11th place
          18-19 8th place
          19-20 9th place
          20-21 10th place
          21-22 9th place
          22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
            I can't believe you didn't tell me about something in time, when after you told me about it I told my followers this was a Democratic LameStream Media hoax, overreaction, and did nothing for two months.

Just 20 days ago:

So I guess I'd ask you to reflect on why all of the responses to science were political push back about the LameStreamMedia, and even now we're on to more political talk about China. Has the Right become so anti-science that even objective science becomes suspect? I'd fear for a group that is so marginalized.
            FWIW dept...here's an article detailing the 'missing six weeks'..No use crying over spilt milk, unless of course, you're one of those who are experiencing the worst of the virus, physically, emotionally, or economically. Doubt many will read this, but, providing it anyway. History is not going to be kind to the United States response. But, I digress...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ealth-disaster
            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...h-china-2020-3
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                Trump playbook. Play ONE. Define an enemy.
                Not to mention the commentary about naive the rest of us are for not knowing how far China's communist government would go to mislead us, while simultaneously defending Trump for his inaction because all he could possibly do is take China at their word...
                Live Free or Die!!
                Miami University '03

Comment

If only we had an organization to investigate international happenings so that we didn't have to take a foreign government's assertion's at face value. Pretending they were dependent on Chinese press-releases for their knowledge of what was happening in China is nothing more than an abject lack of accountability...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...597_story.html

"The intelligence reports didn’t predict when the virus might land on U.S. shores or recommend particular steps that public health officials should take, issues outside the purview of the intelligence agencies. But they did track the spread of the virus in China, and later in other countries, and warned that Chinese officials appeared to be minimizing the severity of the outbreak.

Taken together, the reports and warnings painted an early picture of a virus that showed the characteristics of a globe-encircling pandemic that could require governments to take swift actions to contain it. But despite that constant flow of reporting, Trump continued publicly and privately to play down the threat the virus posed to Americans."
                  Last edited by Dan; 03-30-2020, 11:46 AM.
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    If only we had an organization to investigate international happenings so that we didn't have to take a foreign government's assertion's at face value. Pretending they were dependent on Chinese press-releases for their knowledge of what was happening in China is nothing more than an abject lack of accountability...

"The intelligence reports didn’t predict when the virus might land on U.S. shores or recommend particular steps that public health officials should take, issues outside the purview of the intelligence agencies. But they did track the spread of the virus in China, and later in other countries, and warned that Chinese officials appeared to be minimizing the severity of the outbreak.

Taken together, the reports and warnings painted an early picture of a virus that showed the characteristics of a globe-encircling pandemic that could require governments to take swift actions to contain it. But despite that constant flow of reporting, Trump continued publicly and privately to play down the threat the virus posed to Americans."
                    Well that goes without saying...he felt it was all going to "miraculously disappear" etc. I realize he has taken a different stand (he has no choice) but he still undermines the situation in NYC as far as their request for ventilator needs and masks go with his comments.

But ho hum those comments are just
                    that right? (which we will find out just how that really looks when they hit their apex of infections in 2 weeks according to Cuomo).
                    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Trump may have downplayed the virus early on based on erroneous numbers and erroneous information coming out of China. Apparently on January 14th the Chinese told the world there was no human to human spread of the virus. He quickly transitioned though and hit China with a travel ban on January 31st IIRC only to be branded a xenophobe.
                      Last edited by e.cat; 03-30-2020, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                        Trump may have downplayed the virus early on based on erroneous numbers and erroneous information coming out of China. Apparently on January 14th the Chinese told the world there was no human to human spread of the virus. He quickly transitioned though and hit China with a travel ban on January 31st IIRC only to be branded a xenophobe.
                        Xi downplayed it, yet the US intelligence community warned him.

Who can blame tD for trusting his good friend
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Xi downplayed it, yet the US intelligence community warned him.

Who can blame tD for trusting his good friend
                          The same intelligence community peddling Russia, Russia, Russia after spying on and framing private citizens? The same 17 agenicies who confirmed that the solid, unbiased Dossier "intelligence" was on the straight up and up, and if you didnt believe it you were a neanderthal? That intelligence community, or the other intelligence community whom may be a bit more trustworthy? Yeah, how come Trump didn’t fully believe what they were saying, that is pretty dumb.

Comment

Not to mention this Dan:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/03/the-timeline-of-how-bill-de-blasio-prepared-new-york-city-for-the-coronavirus/

NYC Democrat Bill de Blasio and other NYC officials actually encouraged New Yorkers to go out and go about their business as usual.

NYC now the hotspot of the virus!
                            Last edited by e.cat; 03-30-2020, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Whalers, I can't decide if your tinfoil hat is too tight or not tight enough...
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post
                                The same intelligence community peddling Russia, Russia, Russia after spying on and framing private citizens? The same 17 agenicies who confirmed that the solid, unbiased Dossier "intelligence" was on the straight up and up, and if you didnt believe it you were a neanderthal? That intelligence community, or the other intelligence community whom may be a bit more trustworthy? Yeah, how come Trump didn’t fully believe what they were saying, that is pretty dumb.
                                +1

Comment

Working...
                                X