This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    Whilst Joe Biden accused of sexual assault.
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/joe-...211641946.html
    All he did was grab her in the pu$$y. That’s allowed, no?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: COVID-19 - Part 2

https://twitter.com/neil_ferguson

Let me be clear. This virus has a lethality substantially in excess of “seasonal” flu. Yes, up to half of those infected might not show symptoms. But that is accounted for in our estimates and always was. There is no credible data supporting the idea that 90% are asymptomatic.

I think it would be helpful if I cleared up some confusion that has emerged in recent days. Some have interpreted my evidence to a UK parliamentary committee as indicating we have substantially revised our assessments of the potential mortality impact of COVID-19.

My evidence to Parliament referred to the deaths we assess might occur in the UK in the presence of the very intensive social distancing and other public health interventions now in place.

Without those controls, our assessment remains that the UK would see the scale of deaths reported in our study (namely, up to approximately 500 thousand).
      Last edited by Darius; 03-27-2020, 12:40 PM.
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

All N.Y. schools are now closed until April 15th...…...fun never ends

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Of course. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--IS0XiNdpk 5:30
          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Whalers View Post
            I guess at this stage of his life/campaign, he can honestly say, "I don't remember".
            I can just hear Joe now, "Come on man, it's a finger for God's sake".

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              If you are referring to your cat, then yes.

A better idea would be to just tell Juanita, "put some ice on that" and then have your ever supportive wife tweet (was twitter around in 1978??) “every survivor of sexual assault deserves to be heard, believed, and supported.” Oh wait, my bad, we are talking about two totally different cases. One was a nobody from the wrong side of the tracks in Little Rock (currently alive so must still be self-quarantining from the Arkansas Flu) with physical evidence and the other a nobody from the lush green side of the country club with a fuzzy, time-line challenged story about a REPUBLICAN Supreme Court Candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                Your lauding of Whaler seems to ignore everything. The only "great work" on the "data side" is that Whalers showed was that you get very different results when you change one assumption in the model, one assuming quarantines, and one not. That this greatly changes the death rate does not suggest the "model" is unreliable (as you seem to want to conclude). it actually proves the opposite: that the variable is pretty **** important.
                That's science. It's like saying "If I shoot you I assume you will die, but if I don't shoot you I assume you will not die." The "model" comes up with two very different results. But that doesn't undermine the model: it just shows that shooting is a major variable in the outcome.

The fact that you treat basic logic as "bad faith modeling" with an "agenda" is .... I can't even fathom viewing everything through such a skewed political prism that cites facts that actually prove the opposite point, without even taking the first step in understanding what the fact means, just because they seemingly support a formed world view.
                'Watcher, now don't you go being obtuse on me …

I'm pretty sure I laid out the alternate possibility of "honest mistake" in addition to "bad faith modeling". That's a big difference, and doesn't accuse one of the latter when it could easily be the former. I'd like to think most modeling disconnects are from the former scenario, but it's hard to rule out the latter motive when huge gobs of money get attached to the outcomes. I doubt you are naïve to the point you don't believe bad faith modeling to achieve a desired agenda doesn't happen in the real world - and it can happen as easily with the (domestic) good guys and the bad guys.

But when even perfect modeling incorporates bogus suspect data - as in the case of the altruistic lovers of transparency over in China - well, those ARE the bad guys, and the data renders the modeling moot, no? I think that's kind of where I was driving at. Now … if you think I was extending the framework of that argument into other areas, you may be onto something.

++++++++++

On the Biden thing this morning … listen, I'm not an admirer of the guy, but we have statutes of limitations in place for a reason, and it's to prevent folks from hatching un-rebuttable stories that are decades old, especially where there was nothing to prevent them from making a (much) earlier disclosure. Show me some contemporaneous evidence and extending circumstances, if you want me to even believe your story to begin with … but beyond that, if you're a late accuser of anyone, you'd better have a very good explanation for why you sat on your story for so long. Ulterior motives are very real, as we've seen with Justice Kavanaugh's appointment not too long ago … and in total fairness, this latest Biden thing is WAY too late for me to give it any real credence.

Might it have really happened? It's possible, sure. But if it did, who's to say it wasn't consensual?

I'll leave it at that … and HR, I'll match your DJT with JFK, LBJ and WJC. What you got now?
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by whalers View Post
                  an easier explanation for joe - dementia.

If the charges were to ever stick, do you think forgetful joe could borrow harvey's walker with the tennis balls on the bottom? Not sure jill would go for that look.:d
                  lmao
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Pu$$y cat, pu$$y cat, I love you. Yes I do!

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                      I can just hear Joe now, "Come on man, it's a finger for God's sake".
                      Well at least he didn't sniff her!

Comment

Sorry I just couldn't resist..

Comment

I know, I couldn't believe it when Joe went on the rant about how hospitals suddenly needed so many more ventilators then they needed before for some mysterious reason.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                            Sorry I just couldn't resist..

"We have to take care of the cure." - We need to cure (or at least treat) the virus first and foremost.
                            "That would make the problem worse no matter what." - "That" in this case being the call on the right to put people back to work before things are properly treated, as the lady asked about.

Seems to make sense and be consistent to me.

But I can understand how you and the Breitbart worker might have difficulty with basic comprehension.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              "We have to take care of the cure." - We need to cure (or at least treat) the virus first and foremost.
                              "That would make the problem worse no matter what." - "That" in this case being the call on the right to put people back to work before things are properly treated, as the lady asked about.

Seems to make sense and be consistent to me.

But I can understand how you and the Breitbart worker might have difficulty with basic comprehension.
                              Oh you understand? I had to chuckle at the way it was framed out of context in the tweet. I don't have an affinity for political "rock fights".

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                Well, the latest Fake News...
                                Good jump Trumpie.

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                                Whilst Joe Biden accused of sexual assault.
                                https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/joe-...211641946.html
                                Did he grab her by the pu$$y?

Next.

Comment

Working...
                                X