Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers: Starting this thread to Own The Libs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Democratic Challengers: Starting this thread to Own The Libs!

That’s a big ****ing problem. Except I’m not sure they were Democrats to begin with. They might be. If so, **** em.

But you need to figure out two things:
    1. How do we get them back?
    2. Is this enough to be concerned about?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Didn't 20% of Sanders supporters vote Chump last time? If so then the %'s are actually down vs 2016. Plus, there's less Sanders backers this time than 4 years ago...
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Yeah most of these people are most likely:

1) Not Dems
        2) probably couldnt have been counted on to vote anyways no matter the candidate unless it was Bernie

These are the "Anti-Establishment" frauds who somehow think Bernie is an outsider. They are a dwindling number (see: 2020 Primaries vs. 2016 Primaries) and they wont stop Biden from winning any Blue States anyways. (nor will they prevent him from winning any Red States) If 1 out of every 10 students at UT-Austin or UDub (Washington) decide they want to be dicks it wont change anything.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

1) Not Dems
          2) probably couldnt have been counted on to vote anyways no matter the candidate unless it was Bernie

These are the "Anti-Establishment" frauds who somehow think Bernie is an outsider. They are a dwindling number (see: 2020 Primaries vs. 2016 Primaries) and they wont stop Biden from winning any Blue States anyways. (nor will they prevent him from winning any Red States) If 1 out of every 10 students at UT-Austin or UDub (Washington) decide they want to be dicks it wont change anything.
          Pretty much this. I know a few of them, they either don’t vote at all or vote third party. They pretty much agree with everything the Dems will do but can’t vote for them because of the “establishment”.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Pretty much this. I know a few of them, they either don’t vote at all or vote third party. They pretty much agree with everything the Dems will do but can’t vote for them because of the “establishment”.
            The good news is Sanders brought a lot of non-Dems into the process.

The bad news is the Dems can't hold them.

Note this will likely be true of Dump, too. Moving past Dump, we should see a culling on the right. A lot of Dumpies hate McConnell and Romney as much as they hate Pelosi and Schiff. Once The Fuhrer is out of the picture a lot of those zombies are going to crawl back into their graves.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I wish I could be this sh-ty at something and get paid to do it.

Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I wish I could be this sh-ty at something and get paid to do it.

and this is why she will not be the next press secretary for the next president of the united states.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

She is very good at embarrassing herself...
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Comment

1) Not Dems

Here's a Vox article I posted in one of the earlier threads.

Of those Bernie voters who supported Trump in the general election, the average age was 52. Those who stuck with Clinton were an average age of 45, and of those who broke for a third party, the average age was 44. Of those that didn’t vote, their average age was 35 — these were the ones that got activated by Bernie, and then dropped back out when he didn't win. It’s worth noting that very few of the primary voters stayed home. People who vote in primaries are highly engaged in politics — they’re not people who come in and out of the electorate.
                      It wasn't the students as UT or UW anyway. They were likely to stay home more than anything. It was the olds.

Bernie to Trump voters were out of his Under 40 core last election, and would even be outside of his Under 50 score this time around if those hold, which it appears they will, or there'll be even fewer. The article notes these people were likely trending out of the Dem Party. I don't quite understand why they were there begin with, even if it was to vote anti-Hillary. If you're sick of the Dems, I'd take that as holding right wing views, seems weird to make a last ditch effort to vote for the farthest left candidate in 80 years.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

It wasn't the students as UT or UW anyway. They were likely to stay home more than anything. It was the olds.

Bernie to Trump voters were out of his Under 40 core last election, and would even be outside of his Under 50 score this time around if those hold, which it appears they will, or there'll be even fewer. The article notes these people were likely trending out of the Dem Party. I don't quite understand why they were there begin with, even if it was to vote anti-Hillary. If you're sick of the Dems, I'd take that as holding right wing views, seems weird to make a last ditch effort to vote for the farthest left candidate in 80 years.
                        There was a conservative effort to ratfuk the election and vote for Sanders in the primaries. Curious if this partly helps explain some of the #'s.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I think it would be best if Bernie withdrew and endorsed Biden and the Democratic caucus as a whole served as a shadow government, with Biden being put out there as the frontpiece to gain traction as a considered and mature leader.

Every time Dump or his henchmen make a public statement, have an adult make a statement. Every time he drools through his Fifteen Minute Rose Garden Adoration, have Biden come on and state facts and give a serious and honest update.

Act like we're already elected. Give the country leadership before the fact and remind them what competent, adult humans are. The Gong Show will be that much more despicable by comparison. And we'll get the facts out there and save lives.

Doing well by doing good.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I agree...but we both know that isnt going to happen.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Moving this out of the COVID thread.........

Ok you need to really learn what Twitter is or just stop commenting on it. This is like explaining the internet to my grandparents

Here let me break it down for you:

Following John Cusack is a way to get a look at what both the "BeRnIe or DIE!!!!" crowd believes AND the legitimate mouthpieces and media types that support Bernie think. If you follow him he often retweets them. As such anyone who follows him (or follows someone who follows him or whoever else the algorithm decides) sees this. Now the people he is often retweeting on these matters are people like say Mehdi Hasan, Krystal Ball (who I havent seen comment on this), Peter Daou amongst others who are politicians, activists and media types for various print, online and TV sources. They say it, he retweets it and so on. I use him because he is a good example but honestly I bet if you just followed Krystal Ball or The Hill you would see most of it. The movement to destroy Biden because Bernie cant win legitimately is Putin-esque in its efficiency. (no I am not saying Putin has anything to do with it)

Now, if it was being only disseminated to the Berners I wouldnt much care. They would see it and create their bubble and we could ignoreit. The problem is many of these people are followed and follow more mainstream types. As such this stuff doesnt stay in the Berner bubble but goes viral. Twitter makes sure of it. That is why I see some nutjob Righties despite not following anyone of that ilk. I might follow someone who has retweeted James Woods defending Glenn Beck or something and there we go. (that is why The White House and President always end up in my feed)

tl;dr: John Cusack is just the guy that gives us the glimpse. There are dozens of media, politicians and activists out there using their cache and thousands of followers to try and tear the Democrats apart right now.
                              YOu don't even have to go that far. Bernie's national press secretary does this all the time.

Kamala Harris was the first Senator to back M4A in the Senate publicly. Years ago. Plus the context from the tweet above. It's not just the Twittersphere that's a problem, the infection is coming right from the top. I mean, his own press secretary is doing it. It's not the policies, it's Bernie's supporters, Bernie's surrogates, Bernie's campaign staff, and that trend only points to one thing...
                              Code:

Comment

For a Harvard woman, his Press Secretary is not very good at picking her spots.

Comment

Working...
                                X