Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers: Starting this thread to Own The Libs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers: Starting this thread to Own The Libs!

The only thing about that article that was true was the media is in fact chock full of Never Trumpers. They are good at drawing attention to themselves. The idea though that they have any influence in the Democratic party is laughable. That any of the Dems from John Bel Edwards all the way to Bernie Sanders would trust George Conway is absurd. If he wants to vote Dem in order to turf Chump, then welcome aboard and keep blasting him. I know Sanders supporters want to consider themselves the smartest people in the room but everyone realizes that the minute a John Kasich like stiff is the GOP nominee they're gone.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

After Chump, can the Republicans ever go back to a Kasich-like nominee though? I'm not sure the base will buy it.

Comment

That base wasn't a part of the GOP til recently anyways. They wanted to kill Bush I when he was in office.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          That base wasn't a part of the GOP til recently anyways. They wanted to kill Bush I when he was in office.
          I assume the same guys screaming about CIA conspiracies now were doing it back when the ex-CIA chief was Prez. The hardcore Reaganistas never liked him.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            After Chump, can the Republicans ever go back to a Kasich-like nominee though? I'm not sure the base will buy it.
            I don't think so, which is why these Never Trumpers have nowhere to go and therefore have little leverage with the Dems. I expect subsequent GOP nominees to be even worse than Chump - Jim Jordan or Louis Goehmert types. At the end of the day Trump is just a con artist at heart. He doesn't believe half the sh it he's spewing out. Its just a means to an end. We're getting a bunch of True Believers for a while after Trump is gone unless one of his dimwit kids tries to sneak in there.

Some people are confusing Biden's genuinely friendly personality with weakness. I don't think that's the case. Just like he and Sanders can figure out their areas of agreement without being at each other's throats I think a guy like Biden will hear out Never Trumpers but that's not the same as expecting him to start advocating for tax cuts for the rich.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

NY primary back on after a federal judge rules on Yang’s lawsuit.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I mean, clearly this is how the other side would handle it right?

“ BREAKING: Tara Reade, a former Senate staffer who has accused Joe Biden of sexual assault, says she hopes that he will end his campaign for the White House. She also said if she could address Biden directly, she'd sai: “You should not be running on character for president of the United States.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  I mean, clearly this is how the other side would handle it right?

“ BREAKING: Tara Reade, a former Senate staffer who has accused Joe Biden of sexual assault, says she hopes that he will end his campaign for the White House. She also said if she could address Biden directly, she'd sai: “You should not be running on character for president of the United States.”
                  Is the consensus here not to believe Tara Reade? I think it’s possible to believe Tara Reade, and still vote for Biden come November. I mean, I am. I don’t find it that hard to square personally. I’m also a cis white guy, so I have 0 experiences that allow me to relate to what Tara Reade experienced with Biden. Ultimately, Biden >>>> Trump or any Republican, even being a cis white man who can’t keep his hands to himself. He wasn’t my first choice, or even my fifth, but apparently the party I’m apart of, including the vast majority of African-Americans, want Biden as their nominee. Until I’m instructed, maybe socially shamed, not to vote for him, I assume our party think he’s our best chance to win come November. A third party vote this election is a worthless protest.

Comment

I’m not dismissing her, not sure what consensus is.

I’m just commenting on her comment about dropping out when there’s been no official investigation and dump has about 67 claims that no one cares about

Comment

Here's a good story from a reporter that has been in contact with Reade since April 2019. Her story and the witness corroboration has changed quite a bit in a year. It may be true, but I'm skeptical.
                      https://www.vo*****/2020/5/7/2124871...ult-accusation

Comment

Originally posted by psych View Post
                        Is the consensus here not to believe Tara Reade?
                        The rule is you evaluate a claim based on evidence and consistency.

I have not followed the Reade claim but I thought this was the person who initial claimed Biden groped her at a time and place it was established he could not have been and then changed her story to a different time and place it was established he could not have been.

If that's the case, welp, that aint good for her. But the whole idea is neither to believe nor disbelieve, but evaluate the claim based on the facts.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          The rule is you evaluate a claim based on evidence and consistency.

I have not followed the Reade claim but I thought this was the person who initial claimed Biden groped her at a time and place it was established he could not have been and then changed her story to a different time and place it was established he could not have been.

If that's the case, welp, that aint good for her. But the whole idea is neither to believe nor disbelieve, but evaluate the claim based on the facts.
                          Nope, this is the one who claimed he did not sexually assault her but but made her uncomfortable by touching her neck and shoulders and abused his power by reducing her role on his staff when she talked to people about it. But is now claiming he used her as a #1 foam finger.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                            Here's a good story from a reporter that has been in contact with Reade since April 2019. Her story and the witness corroboration has changed quite a bit in a year. It may be true, but I'm skeptical.
                            https://www.vo*****/2020/5/7/2124871...ult-accusation
                            Read that excellent article earlier today. Vox is probably my favorite website. I didn’t see where Reade claimed in that quote for Biden to drop out; just not to run on character. It’s possible she’s said elsewhere for him to drop out. I wouldn’t vote for him either if I were her.

As the article said, there aren’t corroborated stories to build Biden’s history of potential sexual abuse. Plenty of history of sexual harassment, etc. I haven’t seen anywhere where Reade’s story has been completely disproved. I’m not sure we ever will.
                            Last edited by psych; 05-07-2020, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Yeah the problem is her changed story seems to coincide with the fact that the media didn't find enough evidence to back up her original story. It smells like she added more to try and chum the waters figuring the accusation would be enough to end his run and by the time the dust settled no one would care where the truth lied.

I believe he is a creep, but I'm not sure that is enough. I also believe she has an agenda which also doesn't help her cause. The media isn't exactly against tearing people down so if three different outlets couldn't find enough I just wonder.

If it's true he is scum.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Yeah the problem is her changed story seems to coincide with the fact that the media didn't find enough evidence to back up her original story. It smells like she added more to try and chum the waters figuring the accusation would be enough to end his run and by the time the dust settled no one would care where the truth lied.

I believe he is a creep, but I'm not sure that is enough. I also believe she has an agenda which also doesn't help her cause. The media isn't exactly against tearing people down so if three different outlets couldn't find enough I just wonder.

If it's true he is scum.
                                What’s her agenda? I ask out of genuine curiosity. Plenty of well-read minds on this message board. What do you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X