Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers: Starting this thread to Own The Libs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers: Starting this thread to Own The Libs!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    This is absolutely incorrect.

Polls have already indicated Biden's lead shrinks if Amash enters, as bronco posted above. I'd rather have never-Trumpers forced to either stay home or vote for Biden. The stay home people will stay home or vote for Amash. So that's a net zero gain. The Biden crossovers will be split between Amash and Biden for a net negative to Biden. Trump voters aren't voting for anyone but Trump. We've seen this before, Republicans don't break ranks. They just don't. And Trump voters would offer themselves as tribute if given the opportunity to ensure a Trump re-election.
    As much as I hate to agree with Kep, you're worrying way too much about one stale poll. Stop fearing the world so much or you will turn into Scooby which doesn't look like too much fun. If Goopers who reluctantly voted Trump now vote for Amash that screws one person - Trump. He can't afford to bleed any support given his bare minimum win last time especially since its doubtful he gets nearly as many disgruntled Sanders supporters this go around.

Sh it, even mookie has it figured out and he's on record as predicting Trump's re-election!
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      to be honest about this.... if all y'all don't have enough motivated D getting out to vote this time, y'all ain't never winning another presidential race.

if you are relying on the middle morons to back your guy instead of some strange lib ticket runner, good luck
      We lost in 2004. That means the condition of the country has zero predictive power for the election.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        So what? If they're not voting FOR Trump again, he's screwed. These sort of people would either vote Amash or stay home. Either way works for Biden.
        https://www.newsweek.com/trump-justi...-biden-1500834
        https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...urt-trump.html
        https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...reelect-trump/
        https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...tial-race-how/

Comment

This is going to be that same math problem Hovey had. Let's please not do it again. If you get it you get it; if not it's not happening. Horse: water. You're on your own.

Amash is an environmental problem like the EC and the GOP cheating. Like a fastball pitcher at Wrigley on a day the wind's blowing out, we have challenges that come with the circumstances of the election. This is not a perfect arena, but it is the arena. There's no point worrying about it. The only mission is win on this ground. And that means WI, MI, and PA will save America or they won't.
          Last edited by Kepler; 04-29-2020, 05:13 PM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

With the EC, what is the floor for winning? How can one amass 270 through small states and minimal appeal in urban areas? Was 2016 a good representation of that with Dumpy pulling off PA, WI, and MI?
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              This is going to be that same math problem Hovey had. Let's please not do it again. If you get it you get it; if not it's not happening. Horse: water. You're on your own.

Amash is an environmental problem like the EC and the GOP cheating. Like a fastball pitcher at Wrigley on a day the wind's blowing out, we have challenges that come with the circumstances of the election. This is not a perfect arena, but it is the arena. There's no point worrying about it. The only mission is win on this ground. And that means WI, MI, and PA will save America or they won't.
              We will deliver WI.

god damit, we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                We will deliver WI.

god damit, we will.
                I believe in y’all. 🙂 Don’t make Democrats count on AZ and/or NC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Don’t tell me you’re still trying to convince people that by voting for a third party candidate I voted for Hillary.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    Don’t tell me you’re still trying to convince people that by voting for a third party candidate I voted for Hillary.
                    No, if you are voting for a 3rd party, it's a vote for Trump.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

“A vote for her is the exact same thing as a vote for (whatever candidate I personally hate)” - stupid people, every election
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        “A vote for her is the exact same thing as a vote for (whatever candidate I personally hate)” - stupid people, every election
                        Bingo.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          Exactly. The reality is a vote for third party (in a two party system) means you don't care which of the two major party candidates wins.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            Exactly. The reality is a vote for third party (in a two party system) means you don't care which of the two major party candidates wins.
                            I think I understand what your winkie means, FS, but I'll say it anyway: In this election a vote for third party means much more than that.

For sentient beings.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                              I think I understand what your winkie means, FS, but I'll say it anyway: In this election a vote for third party means much more than that.

For sentient beings.
                              I agree, any vote but for a dem is a betrayal of the constitution if Dumpie is running. I would vote for Joe Biden’s used diaper if it had a “D” on it.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                No, if you are voting for a 3rd party, it's a vote for Trump.
                                No, no, no. I voted third party in Minnesota. Clinton won Minnesota. My third party vote was a vote for HRC.

Kepler Math is exciting! If you vote third party, or don't vote at all, you get to wake up the next morning and find out for whom you voted!
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X