Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are you looking forward to with your team in 2020-21

Originally posted by capswon View Post
    E-mail and messages sent out that expecting students on campus in August and fall sports beginning. Now sports may be without spectators but it's better than nothing. I believe the sports angle will be more detrimental to D1 schools if they dont start on time or play than for the 2's or 3's.
    Hard to say. At least some D-1 schools would collect TV revenue... D-3 hockey, not so much.

(Not that an SNC ,eg, couldn't host its usual "crowd" and still maintain social-distancing...)

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
      Might be worth the trade off if it keeps you from posting your diarrhea of the keyboard in here.
      Oh my goodness... Somebody must have run out of hydroxychloroquine.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        I know you're going to find this hard to believe, but half the people in the country don't agree with your political opinions. How about we knock out the political commentary? Besides, the bigger obstacle to hockey is going to be the New York governor, not the President...
        Steve
        Penn State Class of '95
        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

(Not that an SNC ,eg, couldn't host its usual "crowd" and still maintain social-distancing...)
          Harsh, but true. There would be plenty of room to spread fans out in the student section.
          5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
          2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

That's the best you can come up with? Living in a nothing town like Utica must have done fried up your brain.

Comment

That's the best you can come up with? Living in a nothing town like Utica must have done fried up your brain.
              If you boys can't play nice then don't play at all....as you were

Comment

UAH cut its men’s ice hockey program today.
                2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
                  UAH cut its men’s ice hockey program today.
                  Wow that's a big one,I would imagine a few will filter down to the D3 side,I am sure they will make nice additions to any team..

Comment

Well, Utica certainly doesn't compare favorably to Paris, but I've spent time in Green Bay too...The strippers there seem have eaten too many butter-burgers.

(Yes, it's all about the strippers. )

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                      I know you're going to find this hard to believe, but half the people in the country don't agree with your political opinions. How about we knock out the political commentary? Besides, the bigger obstacle to hockey is going to be the New York governor, not the President...
                      Not quite "half", IMO.

Still, as much as I dislike Cuomo, which of those two smarmy politicians has had a better plan..? Or even a "plan" at all?

Please explain. We have time to talk about the weather right about now.

Comment

Hard to say. At least some D-1 schools would collect TV revenue... D-3 hockey, not so much.

Utica only draws as well as it does because they serve alcohol at games. That is clear. They hosted the four best teams to end the 2017 season, couldn’t serve alcohol, nobody showed up.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                          Utica only draws as well as it does because they serve alcohol at games. That is clear. They hosted the four best teams to end the 2017 season, couldn’t serve alcohol, nobody showed up.
                          Please.

Nobody showed up in Utica because there was (justifiably) zero local interest in the field.

Guess that field would've drawn a bigger crowd at OSU..? Get real.

UC sold the place out in about 10 minutes for the one NCAA game they hosted, and, believe it or not, there was actually no beer to be had!

It takes a perfect storm to fill ANY D-3 venue for the FF. And 2017 was especially bad in terms of D-3 fan-bases in the Northeast.

(But, I'm sure that you showed-up anyway, brought your own beer, and have many precious memories to share. )
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 05-22-2020, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                            Wow that's a big one,I would imagine a few will filter down to the D3 side,I am sure they will make nice additions to any team..
                            Their leading scorer already transferred to UMASS Lowell.
                            2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Please.

Nobody showed up in Utica because there was (justifiably) zero local interest in the field.

Guess that field would've drawn a bigger crowd at OSU..? Get real.

UC sold the place out in about 10 minutes for the one NCAA game they hosted, and, believe it or not, there was actually no beer to be had!

It takes a perfect storm to fill ANY D-3 venue for the FF. And 2017 was especially bad in terms of D-3 fan-bases in the Northeast.

(But, I'm sure that you showed-up anyway, brought your own beer, and have many precious memories to share. )
                              There were two eastern teams at the 2017 FF and Norwich was one of them, which is arguably a top 3 fan eastern fan base in terms of traveling fan base.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Well, Utica certainly doesn't compare favorably to Paris, but I've spent time in Green Bay too...The strippers there seem have eaten too many butter-burgers.

(Yes, it's all about the strippers. )
                                Good to know you enjoy degrading women. Must be what happens from living in a city where the two favorite pastimes are meth and supporting a perennially underachieving hockey team from the local glorified community college.
                                Last edited by Sir Nubs; 05-23-2020, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X