Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you looking forward to with your team in 2020-21

Re: What are you looking forward to with your team in 2020-21

I am looking forward to new compressors at the Marano Campus Center Ice Arena...that can make ice and keep the ice frozen...for an entire season...with games played on that ice...for an entire season.
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Quote Originally Posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    I am looking forward to new compressors at the Marano Campus Center Ice Arena...that can make ice and keep the ice frozen...for an entire season...with games played on that ice...for an entire season.
    Post of the week!
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

It would be nice to see the Lakers score on odd man rushes and have a PP that can score on a 5 on 3 PP. I think we are 0 for 37 over the last 3 years.
    Oswego'88

Quote Originally Posted by DIIIFan View Post
    It would be nice to see the Lakers score on odd man rushes and have a PP that can score on a 5 on 3 PP. I think we are 0 for 37 over the last 3 years.
    Oswego'88
    Man you want everything don't you...…..Fresh ice and PPG's sounds good to me...

Quote Originally Posted by dinocoach View Post
    With Suffolk joining the CCC next year, what will the schedule look like? I also need to wonder how a nine team conference vs. a ten team conference will impact or affect the PWR ratings. I can't believe that it was mere coincidence that when the CCC was a ten team conference, they placed 3 teams in the NCAA and, for the past two years the NEHC has been a ten team conference, they placed three teams in the NCAA.

I am sure there is a mathematical solution to this, but I was a history teacher, so...that's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it!
    CCC 16 game conference schedule in 9 team league. 9 non-conference games which can help if teams play well out of conference.
    Looking for the top to remain the same: Endicott, UNE, Curry, Salve, Nichols. Salve only loses 1 player and return a senior group of 10 players that were in National championship as freshman. Need to stay out of penalty box and get better goaltending. This group is talented. Endicott lost a few good players but return a lot a good players, UNE loses Bloom and some good talent, and I’m hearing Churchfiled is leaving?? Curry will be strong again returning their top guys but will need to replace Ketola in goal. Nichols will need to replace some core guys in Baker, Davidson, Crivello, and Mangone. Can WIT build on their playoff success?? Suffolk will be a tough game.
    A lot will depend on who they all bring in this fall.

Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by altazo View Post
    I am looking forward to a focused start to the season and a return to NCAAs for SNC in 20-21.
    + Coghlin's 600th win

Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    Man you want everything don't you.....Fresh ice and PPG's sounds good to me...
    I don't think that is to much. I could have asked that someone else win Chuck a puck during White Out weekend!!! Haha hope all is well with you and family.
    Oswego '88

I would like to see a better Norwich team that no goals are scored upon , a better defense, higher scoring forwards, and an outstanding goal tender (or maybe one at least as good as Tom)..................what the hell am I thinking?? Well, I'm almost 85 now aren't I, and can't go out of the house.

NU56
    Old Member
    Maybe the Oldest

Quote Originally Posted by NU56 View Post
    I would like to see a better Norwich team that no goals are scored upon , a better defense, higher scoring forwards, and an outstanding goal tender (or maybe one at least as good as Tom)..................what the hell am I thinking?? Well, I'm almost 85 now aren't I, and can't go out of the house.
    My Dad, NU 55', is hanging around as well out on Long Island and in the house for now...be well

as difficult as it is to try to pick up where you left off,i would like to see a strong freshmen class try to replace that special senior class at Norwich--a difficult job for sure!!i thought this years ncaa tournament was stacked with quality teams-- would have been interesting to see which team pervailed at the end !

Was your Dad the football player who donaed his football gear to Norwich?

NU56
    Old Member
    Maybe the Oldest

who the hello?

Have we seen the Sid Watson nominees yet? Im thinking Tom Aubrun has to be the winner this year, but Im wondering who else will be nominated (perhaps Bates from SNC, who will definitely be a front runner heading into 20-21.)

Quote Originally Posted by altazo View Post
    Have we seen the Sid Watson nominees yet? Im thinking Tom Aubrun has to be the winner this year, but Im wondering who else will be nominated (perhaps Bates from SNC, who will definitely be a front runner heading into 20-21.)
    They released the names. It is just all of the league player of the years. 5 seniors, 3 juniors, 1 soph. Aubrun will probably win it this year

Looking forward to the next incarnation of UC. Losing only four seniors will definitely keep the fire burning for next seasons "unfinished business" tour. Losing Fritz sucks plain and simple but I see Allen being that kind of D-man to take his role. Hear from a few people both backups to Baggs are as good if not better with the nod going to Dickson. Offense o'plenty shouldn't see much of a drop off there with still having all three to four lines together with the exception of Fitzpatrick. Interesting to see what recruits are brought in. Still hearing a D1 forward transferring. We shall see. Where is next years F.F. cause I think UC'S got a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by capswon View Post
    Where is next years F.F. cause I think UC'S got a shot.
    Campus site, so it won't be decided till last minute. An Eastern team will probably get the nod over a Western team, but the committee will deny that...

2022 is at Lake Placid.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Cant really say Im looking forward to this but Im interested to see how Geneseo replaces 2 first team All-American forwards

Quote Originally Posted by IceKnights20 View Post
    Can’t really say I’m looking forward to this but I’m interested to see how Geneseo replaces 2 first team All-American forwards
    Yes losing a bunch of scoring the top 3 …...that said they still have few forward scorers and dmen that can score as well,not to mention I am sure they have some top recruits and perhaps a D1 transfer or 2 or 3 that will chip in...I bet they will be fine.

Thread Information