What are you looking forward to with your team in 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you looking forward to with your team in 2020-21

I know this board has become a little stagnant but maybe during this time some people will be reading or circle back more.

What are you looking forward to from your respective team in 2020-21?

What returning players excite you, what do you think your conference and nationwide outlook look like? Are there some already announced recruits that your school has that excite you etc.

Just looking to bring some positivity to the D3 hockey community and some discussion to help us get through this time.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: What are you looking forward to with your team in 2020-21

With Suffolk leaving the NEHC what will the League Schedule look like Next Year?
    Steve Day(NU71)
    Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
      With Suffolk leaving the NEHC what will the League Schedule look like Next Year?
      Albertus Magnus is in a one-year scheduling agreement like what Daniel Webster did a few years ago.

2021-22 Elmira joins and becomes travel partners with Hobart.
      GO LAKERS!!!
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Right the ship with Koz, Brough and Di Carlo leading the way. Start a home ice win streak, and beat any ranked team that comes our way. Recruitment news has slowed obviously so questions remain. Go Lakers.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
          Right the ship with Koz, Brough and Di Carlo leading the way. Start a home ice win streak, and beat any ranked team that comes our way. Recruitment news has slowed obviously so questions remain. Go Lakers.
          Yes …..we have lost a whole bunch of seniors at Oswego and I would imagine we will have about 15+ new recruits coming in come fall semester to add to the 13 or so who may return from last season.We look pretty strong on the D-side of things ,but we need some firepower,and maybe a few big bodies to do some damage WITHOUT taking to PIM's...As for netminding,Koz looked good,but not sold completely,2 more netminders to push him and compete for the top job will be something to look forward to.Maybe a extra assistant coach to help out coach Gosek and Whitelaw as well,tough to manage that many players with 2 behind the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Albertus Magnus is in a one-year scheduling agreement like what Daniel Webster did a few years ago.

Travel Partners ?

Skidmore - Castleton
            NEC - NU
            Babson -UMB
            JW - USM VIA I-95
            Steve Day(NU71)
            Go Cadets

Comment

That will be a tough weekend for sure,great games to look forward to..

Comment

Travel Partners ?

Skidmore - Castleton
                NEC - NU
                Babson -UMB
                JW - USM VIA I-95
                Babson and UMass Boston are getting split up. I can’t remember off the top of my head who goes with who.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Babson and UMass Boston are getting split up. I can’t remember off the top of my head who goes with who.
                  Makes sense cuts trip down I-95 approximately in half
                  Steve Day(NU71)
                  Go Cadets

Comment

Travel Partners ?

Skidmore - Castleton
                    NEC - NU
                    Babson -UMB
                    JW - USM VIA I-95
                    Hobart - Elmira <-- good luck getting 4 points on that road trip
                    Skidmore- Castleton
                    NEC - Norwich
                    Babson - JWU
                    UMB - USM

next year I would think you'd sub Albertus Magnus for Suffolk in the TP schedule.

Long term - what do you do about Ave Maria and AM conference wise?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Hobart - Elmira <-- good luck getting 4 points on that road trip
                      That's like the old "0 for Vermont" pairing of NU/Midd in the old ECAC East before the NESCAC split
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I am looking forward to better recruiting from Elmira
                        The Titanic only had one Captain..........
                        "You're holding your mouth wrong." Jim Cole
                        "Don't take any wooden nickels." Ray Rouse
                        9 Time World Champion Boston Red Sox ('03,'12,'15,'16,'18,2004, '07, '13, '18)

Comment

Originally posted by sacole13 View Post
                          I am looking forward to better recruiting from Elmira
                          I think if you look back to the Elmira release there was at least one if not multiple quotes about part of the reason for the move was for recruiting and one of Elmira’s biggest areas and leagues they recruit from us the USPHL, EHL and NCDC which are all New England based leagues.

In addition, two straight years the NEHC has put 3 teams into the tournament so at this point, it appears to be either the strongest or one of the strongest leagues in Division III.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

I think if you look back to the Elmira release there was at least one if not multiple quotes about part of the reason for the move was for recruiting and one of Elmira’s biggest areas and leagues they recruit from us the USPHL, EHL and NCDC which are all New England based leagues.

In addition, two straight years the NEHC has put 3 teams into the tournament so at this point, it appears to be either the strongest or one of the strongest leagues in Division III.
                            4 point weekends vs Rhode Island don't hurt.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Long, long trips, both for the players and their families.
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-23-2020, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X