This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    This is how you win playing Pandemic 2. Now, has anyone checked on Madagascar?
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 - Part 4- Stay the **** Home

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      First significant decrease in cases:

Code:
      3/01       0
      3/02      25
      3/03      24
      3/04      34
      3/05      63
      3/06      98
      3/07     116
      3/08     106
      3/09     163
      3/10     290
      3/11     307
      3/12     396
      3/13     550
      3/14     696
      3/15     737
      3/16     983
      3/17   1,748
      3/18   2,848
      3/19   4,530
      3/20   5,594
      3/21   4,824

New US deaths by date:

Code:
      3/01      0
      3/02      5
      3/03      3
      3/04      2
      3/05      1
      3/06      3
      3/07      4
      3/08      3
      3/09      4
      3/10      4
      3/11      8
      3/12      3
      3/13      8
      3/14      8
      3/15     11
      3/16     18
      3/17     23
      3/18     41
      3/19     57
      3/20     49
      3/21     46
      In terms of the numbers, until the testing really catches up, the key number in terms of how fast it's spreading is the death rate- with all of the testing restrictions, it represents a more realistic number than the case rate. At least right now. But the seriously sick are getting tests, and the deaths caused by COVID19 represents a better spread rate number from two weeks ago than the actual case rate number.

Not only does it better represent a realistic case rate from two weeks ago pretty accurately, it also gives an idea of the live crisis in hospitals. For the next few weeks, I think its then number that one should track.

Maybe the actual diagnosis numbers will catch up, but I don't see that happening.

(also, at this moment, the fact that the daily change is "flat" is irrelevant. Again, this is a better number to represent cases 1-2 weeks ago.

Comment

Not sure if the drop in cases means much. I'm reading that some areas are cutting testing even more as their supplies are running low and the current number of cases has increased. Can only test the very seriously ill.

Thanks, Obama.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Speak of the devil, I took a peak into the abyss yesterday for the first time in awhile. Quickly walked away from the ledge.
          There used to be a poster on Fark who went to Freep and posted comments from there in relevant threads so no one else had to wade in there. Fark put a stop to it for reasons I'm not sure of.

Comment

Yeah it is a false flat. The number cant go up if people arent being tested. Though I am sure Trump will make sure to mention how it is flattening at his next "Look At Me, Priase Me!" sessions. (which will be followed by someone who made it past 5th grade science saying "Yeah...no" )

I assume Brit Hume and the rest of clowns at Faux will make sure to spread the BS too putting people at risk.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              It’s scary. I’m still hoping that’s unusual- as far as I understand, most cases are still mild and don’t require hospitalization
              His situation is very similar to mine. Except I don’t run marathons.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                Hysterical librul fascism!

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  There used to be a poster on Fark who went to Freep and posted comments from there in relevant threads so no one else had to wade in there. Fark put a stop to it for reasons I'm not sure of.
                  Probably wise not to give FR the free publicity. Or perhaps Rim Job sent them a pro-forma C&D letter, who knows?

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        When will the “INMATES ARE TESTED WHILE REAL AMERICANS ARE TOLD TO GO HOME” headlines break
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          When will the “INMATES ARE TESTED WHILE REAL AMERICANS ARE TOLD TO GO HOME” headlines break
                          Go check OANN in about an hour.

Comment

Good news! Trump’s lover Li’l Kim has announced there are zero cases of Covid-19 in North Korea.
                            But wait: “ In South Korea, analysts and medical experts are highly sceptical of Pyongyang's claims - and those with sources in North Korea said the virus is already ravaging its way through the country.”
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              But wait: “ In South Korea, analysts and medical experts are highly skeptical of Pyongyang's claims - and those with sources in North Korea said the virus is already ravaging its way through the country.”
                              Capitalist propaganda, comrade! Perhaps you could use some time in gulag?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                In terms of the numbers, until the testing really catches up, the key number in terms of how fast it's spreading is the death rate- with all of the testing restrictions, it represents a more realistic number than the case rate. At least right now. But the seriously sick are getting tests, and the deaths caused by COVID19 represents a better spread rate number from two weeks ago than the actual case rate number.

Not only does it better represent a realistic case rate from two weeks ago pretty accurately, it also gives an idea of the live crisis in hospitals. For the next few weeks, I think its then number that one should track.

Maybe the actual diagnosis numbers will catch up, but I don't see that happening.

(also, at this moment, the fact that the daily change is "flat" is irrelevant. Again, this is a better number to represent cases 1-2 weeks ago.
                                Fair point.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X