X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 - Part 4- Stay the **** Home

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Maybe this is the fix. Chicken Pox Parties.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/23/u...czTToYVvpjuqoo
    Dont give the Bougie NY Anti-Vaxxers any ideas...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      As has been frequently pointed out here, we don't have the tests to do that, but of course you are right, that would be the ideal. Instead, I think we have to use our current limited testing capacity to focus on those with symptoms with the severest cases, and on those with significant contact to persons who have been diagnosed so that we can track contacts.
      so we keep this up until we have the tests. A California company recently got FDA approval for a 45 minute test. A plane with 500,000 of them is on its way to Australia where it was also approved and they are implementing a massive testing effort. This test does not require a lab, it can be processed at the point of care. There are also no-lab 15 minute tests being approved and rolled out globally, but these are antibody tests and can return a false-negative if the patient hasn't started producing antibodies yet. The 45 minute test is testing for viral genes. Ramp up production of these tests, using government resources if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Huh.

Which of your family members are you willing to sign up for this lottery?
        We've all signed up. You sign up the day you are born. I could be one of the 2.8 million this year. Who knows. I could be one of the 2.8+ million next year.

We all have bullets flying around with our names on it. I could die of a heart attack, of cancer, of rabies, of Lyme disease. I could fall on my front step tonight and die due to bleeding on the brain. I literally could suffer an aneurysm while I'm typing this post.

I could die of Covid-19.

I'm not going to sit in a dark closet in my basement pizzing my pants about it. I'll take reasonable precautions. I drive safely. I try to eat well. I don't skydive (kind of afraid of heights anyway). I put on mosquito spray in the summer when I golf. I wear sunscreen when I'm out in the hot sun.

And with Covid-19 I'll send my workers home if they or any of their family members have symptoms. I wash my hands. I cough into my elbow.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

We've all signed up. You sign up the day you are born. I could be one of the 2.8 million this year. Who knows. I could be one of the 2.8+ million next year.

We all have bullets flying around with our names on it. I could die of a heart attack, of cancer, of rabies, of Lyme disease. I could fall on my front step tonight and die due to bleeding on the brain. I literally could suffer an aneurysm while I'm typing this post.

I could die of Covid-19.

I'm not going to sit in a dark closet in my basement pizzing my pants about it. I'll take reasonable precautions. I drive safely. I try to eat well. I don't skydive (kind of afraid of heights anyway). I put on mosquito spray in the summer when I golf. I wear sunscreen when I'm out in the hot sun.

And with Covid-19 I'll send my workers home if they or any of their family members have symptoms. I wash my hands. I cough into my elbow.
          Yeah, you sure wash your hands...
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            The US already has 2,500 new cases and *checks watch* it's not even 9:45!
            Well they arent on the Johns Hopkins site...and I like that one because it reminds me of "Plague, Inc". (the Pandemic style game on my phone)
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Man dx is feisty this morning
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Once again, other that the idiots who are following dumpies suggestions, who is panicking? People are buying enough stuff to not have to leave home, they are not panicking.

The people who are panicking are the ones who fear for the economy, when there's a very clear example that it will come back. And the ones who fear that society will devolve into mass chaos- so are spending money on weapons vs. stuff they actually use. And the ones who think that dumpy and his cohorts that are trying to make a buck have real solutions- and are suffering for doing it (either economically for buying their crap or health for taking their crap).

I don't see anyone actually panicking.

I feel for the people you work with. I'm glad I'm not one of them. I'm glad my company closed down before the state did.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  The reality of the deaths is that many, if not most, are preventable. Like car accidents- if you go look back on deaths/distance traveled, and extrapolate the data from pre-safety rules- we would be killing 5x what we are doing now. Just like the actions for this virus- seeing people die for lack of treatment in Spain and Italy is a clear path of what can happen if we let the healthcare system get overwhelmed, when the actual death rate for this should be closer to S Korea. We should have been prepared for this, but this leadership took that preparation away because it cost too much. And then they take no responsibility when another country took a path that we could have taken (or at least close to it) had they not cut off funding and shut the program down.

The sad thing here is that nobody wants to accept that many of these deaths are totally preventable. And that, as a society, is our fault.

(on an economic standpoint, the economic loss due to the additional deaths, the time off for sickness, etc- is also preventable- and that's our fault too)
                  Exactly this. A quick Google showed that a ventilator costs less than $50k. If an average patient needs to be on one for a week, that's 52 lives that ventilator can save in a year. $1000 to save a life is *cheap* *cheap* *cheap*. Do you know how many $100s of millions (yes, hundreds) we spend to make aircraft just enough safer to prevent one extra accident (~300 deaths) per year? If your goal is to prevent deaths as economically as possible, preparing our healthcare system for this event (in terms of test and ventilator availability) should have been low-hanging fruit.

The only reasons we didn't prepare are lack of respect for the scientists/doctors and lack of political will. Completely our fault - shame on us.
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    I wish more people would get feisty about this madness. Corporate welfare and letting people die so the Corp overlords don’t lose more

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      I wish more people would get feisty about this madness. Corporate welfare and letting people die so the Corp overlords don’t lose more
                      It's 1788. Tick tock.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I am not panicking either. Being smart and respecting the numbers isnt panicking. Self Quarantining after traveling isnt panicking, it is being respectful to my parents and my gfs parents all of whom have risk factors. Moving my classes to 100% online isnt panicking either the school is 100% right to do that.

Panicking are the morons buying out the TP and Tylenol. Hell businesses are panicking over lost money more than most people are panicking over the virus.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Yeah... I know.

Because family members are frontline nurses, doctors, and hospital workers. I know the pain and sacrifice they're going through. They're wondering if today they go into work and get sick. Maybe they live, maybe they die. Or maybe they bring the virus home and kill their husband or wife and have to live with that pain for the rest of their lives. ER docs are basically living in isolation because they don't want to give this to their families. Or maybe today is the day they run out of ventilators and have to decide does person A or person B live.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Yeah... I know.

Because family members are frontline nurses, doctors, and hospital workers. I know the pain and sacrifice they're going through. They're wondering if today they go into work and get sick. Maybe they live, maybe they die. Or maybe they bring the virus home and kill their husband or wife and have to live with that pain for the rest of their lives. ER docs are basically living in isolation because they don't want to give this to their families. Or maybe today is the day they run out of ventilators and have to decide does person A or person B live.
                            A week ago, the local news did a short piece on a doctor who is living in his basement (independent entry) and is staying away from his family... tough times....

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Cuban loves publicity, but he's not wrong here.
                              I've truly enjoyed listening to when he calls in to CNBC. My initial assumption he was just another big money guy focused on getting more money but has a bit of empathy.

Completely floored each time he has ideas that he admits would take from his pocket and help others. Or he shines great leadership skills.

I'm sure somewhere he has skeletons in his closet, but I wish more business people were like him.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Where have you gone, Dr. Fauci? We all know...
                                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Working...
                                X