X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 - Part 4- Stay the **** Home

My job of providing ABA therapy to autistic kids is considered "essential."

My coworkers and I are hitting HR with emails demanding hazard pay. I'm so proud of my coworkers!
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

My company today sent out an email, all salaried workers will be getting an extra hundred bucks a week for the time being, and hourly workers an extra $2/hour. And they may revisit this and adjust as circumstances warrant.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        A chloroquine update It works, in some cases at least, but under medical supervision.
        No convincing evidence yet. Also rampant ethics violations from doctors who deserve to lose their license.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...lves-families/
        In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
        I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
          No convincing evidence yet. Also rampant ethics violations from doctors who deserve to lose their license.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...lves-families/
          Can a doctor write a(ny) script for themselves? Should they?
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm apparently receiving 1.25x my normal salary during the quarantine so yay?

Comment

Originally posted by psych View Post
              So, what's the new Democratic Party going to look like?
              Rover. They will be the right wing party.

The new Leftist party will look like me.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Can a doctor write a(ny) script for themselves? Should they?
                It gets complicated and there is a lot of misunderstandings out there. Ethics and the law will vary (and there is some state to state variance). Essentially, I can legally write a script for (nearly) anything. I can also write for family and friends. The prescription pad is a huge power but with great power...never mind. Now there are checks, for instance, the pharmacist should not fill what they feel are inappropriate scripts. Insurance will also not cover things that are wildly inappropriate. There are also medical-legal implications if you do not document correctly (you have to physically see a patient to write a script with few exceptions). What are you going to do, keep a word document with your plan for your wife? (I actually know of some doctors who do this...)

However, many of our boards (both state and specialty) will have further ethical guidelines and they can strip you of your license or board certification. I support strict punishment for these transgressions but I am probably in the minority.

Another thing that is often misinterpreted is "FDA approval." Once a medication is FDA approved, a physician can use it "off label" for many things (does not mean insurance will cover it). For example, in my field, the diseases we see are very rare. Most of our medications are shown effective in small studies, thus the medications are not FDA approved for the indication (it is not financially beneficial for the company to seek approval another indication) however we get insurance to cover the medications because they are shown effective in the literature and there are no alternatives. Some very common med are used much more off-label than their "FDA approved" indication.

Sorry...kind of long winded with a lot of caveats.

Basically:
                1. We can already prescribe hydroxychloroquine off label right now if we wanted.
                2. There is no evidence supporting this use at this time, thus I would not prescribe it as one does not know the risk profile. Real trials are underway. Those who prescribe it now are reckless in my and more importantly several infectious disease experts I trust opinion.
                3. You can prescribe to yourself and family but it is ethically dubious. I do not see friends or family on principle (I will get people in to see colleagues).

I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  Listen, ask any old person if they're willing to be ground into an edible paste to save their grandkids, and they'll do it at a heartbeat.
                  But will they die for Jared and Ivanka's kids' trust fund? Cuz that's what this is about.

joe's on board, but who else?
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                    It gets complicated and there is a lot of misunderstandings out there. Ethics and the law will vary (and there is some state to state variance). Essentially, I can legally write a script for (nearly) anything. I can also write for family and friends. The prescription pad is a huge power but with great power...never mind. Now there are checks, for instance, the pharmacist should not fill what they feel are inappropriate scripts. Insurance will also not cover things that are wildly inappropriate. There are also medical-legal implications if you do not document correctly (you have to physically see a patient to write a script with few exceptions). What are you going to do, keep a word document with your plan for your wife? (I actually know of some doctors who do this...)

However, many of our boards (both state and specialty) will have further ethical guidelines and they can strip you of your license or board certification. I support strict punishment for these transgressions but I am probably in the minority.

Another thing that is often misinterpreted is "FDA approval." Once a medication is FDA approved, a physician can use it "off label" for many things (does not mean insurance will cover it). For example, in my field, the diseases we see are very rare. Most of our medications are shown effective in small studies, thus the medications are not FDA approved for the indication (it is not financially beneficial for the company to seek approval another indication) however we get insurance to cover the medications because they are shown effective in the literature and there are no alternatives. Some very common med are used much more off-label than their "FDA approved" indication.

Sorry...kind of long winded with a lot of caveats.

Basically:
                    1. We can already prescribe hydroxychloroquine off label right now if we wanted.
                    2. There is no evidence supporting this use at this time, thus I would not prescribe it as one does not know the risk profile. Real trials are underway. Those who prescribe it now are reckless in my and more importantly several infectious disease experts I trust opinion.
                    3. You can prescribe to yourself and family but it is ethically dubious. I do not see friends or family on principle (I will get people in to see colleagues).
                    I love that you post on this board. Thank you. Great reply.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Rover. They will be the right wing party.

The new Leftist party will look like me.
                      I'm stuck somewhere right-center again after a decade of moving to the left.
                      Code:

Comment

A NY Doctor shared with Hannity his Hydroxy Chloroquine/Azithromycin results.
                        200mg 2x daily Hydroxy Chloroquine
                        500mg 1x daily Azithromycin
                        220mg 1x daily Zinc sulfate

350 patients
                        • Breathing restored 3-4 hours
                        • Zero deaths
                        • Zero hospitalizations
                        • Zero intubations
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I'm stuck somewhere right-center again after a decade of moving to the left.
                          Nonsense, you will finish farther left than I. Not only are you smart but you actually like people.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

350 patients
                            • Zero deaths
                            • Zero hospitalizations
                            • Zero intubations
                            Hannity. Your source is Hannity. YAWN.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

350 patients
                              • Zero deaths
                              • Zero hospitalizations
                              • Zero intubations
                              So, we're doing medicine by National Enquirer now.

Cornell University

Comment

350 patients
                                • Zero deaths
                                • Zero hospitalizations
                                • Zero intubations
                                Notable ommissions:
                                Control data
                                Confirmation of Covid-19 in these patients
                                Blinding
                                Population statistics of people treated

Also what the **** does "breathing restored" mean. Honestly. This is typical quack language. Use vague language to describe what should be an well-defined variable and miraculously it is improved.

Wait for the people who know how to run a ****ing trial to take a swing. This is fast-tracked and turnaround will be quite quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X