This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

And with Covid-19 I'll send my workers home if they or any of their family members have symptoms. I wash my hands. I cough into my elbow.

And you know its contagious, even without symptoms, right? You do know this?

How many of those go home and infect their family members? Their old grandparents, their aunt who had cancer?

Just cause you don't care what it may do to you, try caring about what it might do to someone else. If you can.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      tD looks exhausted.
      Executive Time isn’t what it used to be.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 - Part 4- Stay the **** Home

Come on Rufus. You’re asking a proud GOP voter why they don’t care about anyone else???

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Does it matter? Those eyes...
          Rumor is his eyes arent why he has the ego

Cuban is fine, but he is as full of it as anyone. A lot of his ideas are flat out stupid and he would be the friend everyone laughs at for being a moron if he didnt have a lot of money. He does care though...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Falwell is re-opening Liberty University...come on God you have a chance here!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  A week ago, the local news did a short piece on a doctor who is living in his basement (independent entry) and is staying away from his family... tough times....
                  We've been doing similar things for a couple weeks now. We were affirmed by seeing these stories on the news over the weekend.

My wife takes her temp daily. When she comes home from the hospital, I don't get to hug her. She comes in and immediately puts her clothes in a special hamper in the entry way. We bring them down to the basement and launder them. She takes a shower, her second of the day wreaking havoc on her skin and hair. While she's showering, I put her lunch and dinner dishes into the dishwasher. I clean and sanitize her keys, badge, anything else she touched, and all of the doorknobs. I change my outer layer of clothes and wash my hands and arms thoroughly. When she's dried off, we finally get to hug, carefully. We don't get to kiss because who knows if she's asymptomatic at the moment*.

We've already prepared a separate living space downstairs. If one of us gets it, I move down there, and we institute special procedures desperately hoping the other hasn't already caught it. We've got the best furnace filters 3M makes, but we'd also add a second layer to the vents and returns in the rooms. I've got a couple sets of clothing that would last me a few days down there while we discuss our next steps. We have plans for how we'd do laundry and cook meals. I have a secondary home office setup in a spare bedroom down there that would work in a pinch if we need to isolate immediately.

In a perfect world, I'd turn the "sick" room into a negative pressure space with a fan, but that probably a step too far.

*This is really hard as newlyweds. We already cancelled our honeymoon, probably never get to take it. We both want kids but we obviously can't start now. We're in our 30s, so it's already kind of dicey. I'm holding out hope we get through this in less than 18 months, but slowly preparing myself for a reality where we can't. I've delicately asked her if we want to start sleeping in separate spaces until this calms down, but how do you insist on that? It's heartbreaking to have to even contemplate that. To go from vowing to be partners for life to isolation is not something humans were really designed to do easily.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Breaking News: Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India has announced “a total ban of coming out of your homes” for 3 weeks in the nation of 1.3 billion people.

Per NYT
                    After seeing John Oliver's pieces on India recently, I really have no words for the nightmarish hell this will cause.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      After seeing John Oliver's pieces on India recently, I really have no words for the nightmarish hell this will cause.
                      Plus it's probably the most social culture on the planet. Indians hold festivals with 200,000 people to celebrant paint drying.

Last edited by Kepler; 03-24-2020, 11:25 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Rumor is his eyes arent why he has the ego
                        Hammaconda. Scott Baio Syndrome. As Vonnegut says, you never know who'll get one.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Liz Cheney not being a whack-a-doodle?

What in he!! is going on here.

It is rather ironic all these Republicans who screamed and whined about death panels now saying that we need to go back to work, and some people will die, but its a necessary sacrifice because economy.
                          Last edited by rufus; 03-24-2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Liz Cheney not being a whack-a-doodle?

What in he'll is going on here.

It is rather ironic all these Republicans who screamed and whined about death panels now saying that we need to go back to work, and some people will die, but its a necessary sacrifice because economy.
                            There is a growing vein in the GOP that is going against the grain. Something scared them more than the idea of losing money...
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              There is a growing vein in the GOP that is going against the grain. Something scared them more than the idea of losing money...
                              UK report saying if nothing done, 2.2 million Americans will die?

Even scared Dimwit Donnie for a week. Before he forgot all about it.

Comment

I really think the only thing that will scare them in to doing something is for Senators and Congressmen to start dying of this. For Trump, its Ivanka or himself getting it.

Comment

Working...
                                X