X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 - Part 4- Stay the **** Home

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I'm with you, let's wait and see what happens with the economy. Loan forgiveness is silly right now. A pause on all payments until something like June or I don't know, December 2021 is a better idea.
    It sounds to me like Pelosi is just trying to exploit an opportunity, same as the GOP is doing with their heists. Only difference is she thinks so much smaller.

Bail out every person in America from every dollar of their net personal debt ($14T) less their assets (cuts out the rich), and give every family $10k/month to stay at home isolated until the virus is controlled. That's a stimulus.
    Last edited by Kepler; 03-23-2020, 02:35 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Wait, so the US already has 11% of reported worldwide cases? We sure showed China, South Korea and Italy who's boss in short order!!
      New York has had more cases than every country on the planet except for China, Italy, Spain, Germany and Iran.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        New York has had more cases than every country on the planet except for China, Italy, Spain, Germany and Iran.
        New York is testing. Pigs Knuckle is praying.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          That's some dam good hoaxing. Still, outhoaxed by Spain??

Comment

Seen on Kos:

ATLAS COUGHED
            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              It sounds to me like Pelosi is just trying to exploit an opportunity, same as the GOP is doing with their heists. Only difference is she thinks so much smaller.

Bail out every person in America from every dollar of their net personal debt ($14T) less their assets (cuts out the rich), and give every family $10k/month to stay at home isolated until the virus is controlled. That's a stimulus.
              It certainly is what the GOP does. Let's get some the things we want for a change.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                It wouldn't. But when the feds are complete and utter f=ckups and are telling people to go out and do stuff contrary to everything science and medicine and math tell us, at some point the feds become a threat to the states.
                I agree with all of that. But, in absence of federal leadership, a lot of leaders of red states have managed to step up to the challenge. Luckily, not all red governors are taking the advice of the federal government, nor do they have to do so, in absence of some nationwide quarantine y'all agree will likely never come. Besides, the virus is obviously already in New York. Closing their borders to all red states, some of which are taking exactly the right approach to this crisis, and have fewer cases per capita than New York does, or, at the very least, have the same number per capita, makes little sense at this point. The virus is spreading uncontrollably there, possibly like everywhere else (we just don't know, because again, lack of testing).
                If your original point was to lessen the number of cases New York can manage, based on red states having people infected with the virus, it should close its borders to all states, not just red ones. I don't think anyone has seen evidence that red states have a higher percentage of infected individuals than blue states, because frankly, the federal government (again, not the individual states) f-cked up and didn't have us prepared to test people on the massive scale that was required. Yes, Florida's governor, DeSantis, has f-cked up royally. But, then you make it a targeted approach, and ban people from Florida, which, lets be honest, still wouldn't work that well.

I mean, the more I think about it, wouldn't it make more sense (but still no sense at all) for red states (and all states) right now, in this moment, to close their borders to New York?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Newsom or Cuomo the first to close their borders to red states?
                  Alaska has mandated a two week quarantine for anyone who has traveled outside Alaska. Hawaii has done the same.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Meanwhile the other thread has posters accusing us of acting bummed every time a treatment looks promising[/url]
                    Dontcha know I tip back a quarantini every time an experimental treatment fails? I also consume the hearts of aborted fetuses as part of a Dem Satanic ritual.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      I'm trying to understand what's illogical about it. Money not going to student loans opens up spending money for people that spend money. It's stimulus way way way more than stock buybacks.
                      Except it isnt. 10k off the top does nothing. Would be better to go for "1 year no payment, no accrued interest" than just wipe out 10k. That stimulates nothing unless they only have 10k because they still need to make payments.

If they want stimulus they need to eliminate payments in the here and now, not lower them when they come back. (and the lowering would be insignificant) Make a payment holiday for a significant amount of time and THEN you have stimulus.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Except it isnt. 10k off the top does nothing. Would be better to go for "1 year no payment, no accrued interest" than just wipe out 10k. That stimulates nothing unless they only have 10k because they still need to make payments.

If they want stimulus they need to eliminate payments in the here and now, not lower them when they come back. (and the lowering would be insignificant) Make a payment holiday for a significant amount of time and THEN you have stimulus.
                        10K off the top is going to help my daughter a lot. But, yeah, whatever.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          That's some dam good hoaxing. Still, outhoaxed by Spain??
                          Spain has fallen behind...obviously their media isnt overhyping this enough.

BTW worldwide cases approaching 373 thousand...should be over 400k by days end. I believe again that is less time than the last 100k.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

And I believe the name of the bill is "The Let's Help ScoobyDoo's Daughter Bill."

In all seriousness, how many people have $10k or less in student loan debt?
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Most people who have trouble paying are on the income based plans (PAYE, REPAY etc) and thus the payments are tied to income. Taking 10K off will not really help them much because they were not paying the "expected" payment on the balance, instead a pro-rated rate based on last year's taxes.

I have 270K in loans from medical school and am on PAYE. 10K off my balance would not change my payments at all (not that I am arguing that I should be targeted with the stimulus as a job in healthcare right now, is stable).
                              In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                              I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                And I believe the name of the bill is "The Let's Help ScoobyDoo's Daughter Bill."

In all seriousness, how many people have $10k or less in student loan debt?
                                When one is so used to getting nothing anything is something.

Comment

Working...
                                X